MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tonykaz1

Re: MediaMonkey iTunes plugin (d_itunes4.dll)

Post by tonykaz1 »

theax wrote:Hi, i have recently bought a new NAS (ReadyNAS Ultra 2) and want to move my MM Collection AND my Itunes library (i use the Cache so I have copies of all the files). Is there a way to do this without having to start all over again with a new Itunes library? It takes such a long time to rebuild the library with 200 + GB Worth of Music.

Anyone done something similiar?
I would also be interested in hearing the appropriate way to do this as I am in the same situation. I have a goflex home that functions as an NAS or I can just use my new desktop as the central file server for all my media. I'll use whatever is easier but would like to be able to sync without the duplicates being created. Also, I am not sure how the three laptops running iTunes will affect the centralized iTunes database. If I can successfully do it without wrecking all my data, I will post what I did. If you happen to get it to work, please post the steps you took to do it.
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/m9trdfvu
doncoque

Post by doncoque »

schwurz wrote:I get this error msg when i want to sync my list on MM with itunes :)
Can someone help me with that?
I got the same error at first, but then I started iTunes 11.0.3.42 as Administrator on Windows 8 x64, and it started to sync. I'm not sure if it would actually sync, since it is still syncing. I'll let you know what happens when it finishes.

Hope this works for anyone.
theax

Post by theax »

tonykaz1 wrote:
theax wrote:Hi, i have recently bought a new NAS (ReadyNAS Ultra 2) and want to move my MM Collection AND my Itunes library (i use the Cache so I have copies of all the files). Is there a way to do this without having to start all over again with a new Itunes library? It takes such a long time to rebuild the library with 200 + GB Worth of Music.

Anyone done something similiar?
I would also be interested in hearing the appropriate way to do this as I am in the same situation. I have a goflex home that functions as an NAS or I can just use my new desktop as the central file server for all my media. I'll use whatever is easier but would like to be able to sync without the duplicates being created. Also, I am not sure how the three laptops running iTunes will affect the centralized iTunes database. If I can successfully do it without wrecking all my data, I will post what I did. If you happen to get it to work, please post the steps you took to do it.
I have succesfully moved my MM library and my Itunes library to the NAS. I moved all of my MM tracks from within Mediamonkey to the new server. I then shut all programs down and moved my MM_iTunes library to the new NAS. I mapped that part of the NAS to the same drive-letter (R:\...) as had used Before. I then opened MM and went into the plugin configuration and changed the corresponding drive letter. It now works as if nothing has changed.
tom@harlin.com

Post by tom@harlin.com »

Not sure if I should be adding to this monolithic topic, or even if this is still an actively-maintained plugin. However, it's been working for me right up until recently. Quite likely triggered by the update to iTunes 11.0.4, although I'm pretty sure that an earlier iTunes 11 release was ok.

However, now I'm getting errors like this:

Code: Select all

d_itunes4.dll 2438 12:41:47 PM EXCEPTION Nil response from iTunes for AddFile C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\00007802READYNAS1...ggetApril198708Monologuewma.m4a
d_itunes4.dll 2438 12:41:55 PM EXCEPTION Nil response from iTunes for AddFile C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\00007801READYNAS1...getApril198703Witchcraftwma.m4a
d_itunes4.dll 2438 12:41:56 PM EXCEPTION Nil response from iTunes for AddFile C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp\00007804READYNAS1...veGotTheWorldOnAStringwma.m4a
One line for every file it is trying to add. It certainly looks like there has been an iTunes API change. I'm using the current stable MM release, 4.0.7.1511 on Windows 7.
tom@harlin.com

Post by tom@harlin.com »

Confirmed, downgraded to iTunes 11.0.1 and now it works
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Running itunes 10.6 and d_itunes4.dll worked fine until I cleared out my C:\Users temp directory. Now, the plugin cannot find the tmp file it created and thus cannot sync to iTunes anymore. I tried the advanced recovery options "E" through "I," uninstalled the plugin and removed the registry entries. Upon reinstalling the plugin and reconfiguring it like was new, I get the same error message again. How can I make a fresh start with this plugin if everything with this plugin has gone tits-up?

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess this plugin is incompatible with the latest MM4 beta. Something about how "StorageInfo.xml.MMW created on all devices" featured on all betas since 4.1.0.1624, among other things, screws up this plugin. Everything works fine on the latest stable release (1511). Will test out the new beta once my itunes library is repopulated.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Hey, I was wondering, is there any chance the skip count can be brought over from iTunes?
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

Hi

Does anybody knows if the plugin runs in the latest MM beta for Windows? I am having issues and, before investigating and bothering everybody, I want to double check if it works for anybody on the beta version of MM.

thanks

dnl
pdemaio

Post by pdemaio »

markstuartwalker wrote:
theta_wave wrote:Is anyone having any issue with this plugin not assigning the correct "type" to podcasts and audiobooks in iTunes? I mean, the same files under mediamonkey have their "type" field correctly filled.
This is a known deficiency since MM3 days. The podcasts will appear as music tracks. Is that such a bad thing?

Yes, because the Iphone treats those tracks differently including enabling different playback speeds. Is there a way to fix this?

Pasquale
cianoz

Post by cianoz »

Hello
I'm not sure if the problem is due to upgrading iTunes to latest version (11.1.0.126) but synchronization using d_itunes4.dll has stopped to work. Once started, sync apparently parses all tracks and playlists but once it comes close to the end an errore message appears and not a single track or playlist is syncronized. That is in iTunes I can't see anything updated from MM.
I also tried to delete the entire <MM> iTunes library from within MM and re-sync from scratch. After sync and once the error message appear anything is created in iTunes (the <MM> parent folder in playlist section is not created)

The error message MM returns close to the end of sync is the following (d_itunes4-exception.log):
d_itunes4.dll 2438 10:57:12 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 2438 11:16:12 EXCEPTION createPlaylistInFolder EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0B6BAE4D in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000
d_itunes4.dll 2438 11:16:12 EXCEPTION DEVICE_NotifyPlaylist EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0B6C10D3 in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000

Here are the versions of software installed (on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit):
MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511
d_itunes4.dll 4.0.4.2438
iTunes 11.1.0.126 (64 bit)

Can the dev(s) or someone else tell me something about this? Anyone else has encountered the same issue?
Thanks
cianoz

Post by cianoz »

Please, I ask the dev to give me some help about the problem. I would ask somewhere else, but it seems this is the only place assigned for support.
I can't get rid of my error and the plugin doesn't work. I uninstalled iTunes, deleted the library and all files related to my iTunes profile then reinstalled and started with brand new installation and profile. Since the error persists it has to be something wrong in the plugin or MM. So I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled, but after install the error still occurs.

After reinstalling the plugin I've seen that all its setting were still configured as before uninstall, so now the question is: how can I uninstall d_itunes4.dll and completely remove all its settings, to have a clean environment where to try a new fresh installation?
Any help is appreciated.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

The author of this plugin, MARKSTUARTWALKER, has not visited this forum since Aug. 20. I'm afraid that probably infers that it is abandoned. Really disappointing as this function bridged many gaps for iOS users. Would like some statement from MM or Mark if indeed this has been abandoned.
sdudley7

Post by sdudley7 »

cianoz wrote:Hello
I'm not sure if the problem is due to upgrading iTunes to latest version (11.1.0.126) but synchronization using d_itunes4.dll has stopped to work. Once started, sync apparently parses all tracks and playlists but once it comes close to the end an errore message appears and not a single track or playlist is syncronized. That is in iTunes I can't see anything updated from MM.
I also tried to delete the entire <MM> iTunes library from within MM and re-sync from scratch. After sync and once the error message appear anything is created in iTunes (the <MM> parent folder in playlist section is not created)

The error message MM returns close to the end of sync is the following (d_itunes4-exception.log):
d_itunes4.dll 2438 10:57:12 EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 2438 11:16:12 EXCEPTION createPlaylistInFolder EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0B6BAE4D in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000
d_itunes4.dll 2438 11:16:12 EXCEPTION DEVICE_NotifyPlaylist EAccessViolation Access violation at address 0B6C10D3 in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000

Here are the versions of software installed (on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit):
MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511
d_itunes4.dll 4.0.4.2438
iTunes 11.1.0.126 (64 bit)

Can the dev(s) or someone else tell me something about this? Anyone else has encountered the same issue?
Thanks
I get this same error
sheldonr

Post by sheldonr »

I am new to this forum. I downloaded and installed iTunes MediaMonkey Plugin 4.0.4.2438 from the site. It installed with no errors. I have ITunes and Mediamonkey, most current version running. I can see all the folders in iTunes but when I attempt to sync I get the following errors.
d_itunes4.dll 2438 3:51:54 PM EXCEPTION Log cleared
d_itunes4.dll 2438 3:52:09 PM EXCEPTION DEVICE_UploadTrack EAccessViolation Access violation at address 09DE19FD in module 'd_itunes4.dll'. Read of address 00000000

I have also read through the site and found other users with the identical error. I am using A Windows 7 pro OS on and Intel 4th generation I7 extreme.
Can you provide some assistance or guidance
The version of iTunes is 11.1.1.11
Thanking you in advance
Sheldon
refi

MediaMonkey iTunes plugin

Post by refi »

Hi all

The MediaMonkey iTunes plugin does not work with iTunes 11.1 which is required for iOS 7. This makes it totally unusable. I assume that not only me, but many other users of iTunes heavily rely on this plugin to manage the music with Mediamonkey, but use iTunes or iTunes Match to sync the music to their iDevices.
Unfortunately, the developer seems to have stopped further development of this plugin. He has not been active in this forum since August (more than 2 months) and his last post in the plugin support thread dates back to January 2013. No statement with regards to future development was made by him. He seems to have abandoned it (which is ok, there never was a guarantee for further development).

Nevertheless, this leaves all users in an unfortunate situation - either make iTunes work with iOS7 or lose the MM - iTunes sync functionality.

My question to the MM developer team is whether they would be willing to take over the support for this plugin? You could even make it a paid add-on. I definitely would be willing to pay some $ for it and I'm sure many others would pay for it as well.

What are your views on this?

By the way, the plugin is still advertised on http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... or-itunes/ It should be removed there until it supports iTunes 11.1.

Regards,
refi
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post