PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: PUID Generator 1.0 - Created 04/01/2010

Post by Owyn »

Tested script. Handy for catching up on Pending PUIDs.

Noticed minor glitch. The time remaining calculation goes negative if the script runs over midnight.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Re: PUID Generator 2.0 - Updated 28/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added automatic mode which processes tracks when idle
- Fixed error when track is not accessible
- Fixed time remaining goes negative over midnight

Once you've installed this version and run the script once manually and selected a field, upon restarting this script will automatically process all of the tracks with this field blank. Also when adding tracks or editing them, this will also trigger the script. All processing is done in the background and only when idle. Errors appear in the field prefixed with a tilda, eg. "~unanalyzable".
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Trix:
I have not got the new version yet, but, bit concerned about the impact of the changes you have made.
trixmoto wrote: - Added automatic mode which processes tracks when idle

Once you've installed this version and run the script once manually and selected a field, upon restarting this script will automatically process all of the tracks with this field blank. Also when adding tracks or editing them, this will also trigger the script. All processing is done in the background and only when idle.
There are a lot of non-music files which I don't analyze in MusicIP / get PUIDs for. e.g. Podcast episodes, Audio Books, old radio programs, ...
I use an AutoPlaylist which finds the tracks needing PUIDs.
Errors appear in the field prefixed with a tilda, eg. "~unanalyzable".
This will cause problems when using Bex's ADFF Custom Duplicate on PUID field. The errors will show up as duplicate nodes.
Will probably also cause problems with my above mentioned AutoPlaylist.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Owyn wrote: There are a lot of non-music files which I don't analyze in MusicIP / get PUIDs for. e.g. Podcast episodes, Audio Books, old radio programs, ...
I use an AutoPlaylist which finds the tracks needing PUIDs.
I thought the same with the previous version, but for my special tracks which I do not want to be analyzed, I have marked them with a specific message.
Owyn wrote: This will cause problems when using Bex's ADFF Custom Duplicate on PUID field. The errors will show up as duplicate nodes.
Will probably also cause problems with my above mentioned AutoPlaylist.
With these I have a filter which excludes those with my special message from above.

But Trix, it would be nice if the user could specify which message to code them with.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@Trix:
Editing meta-data of a track should not impact the PUID. The audio content is unchanged.

@Nyn:
I keep my non-music tracks in a separate folder tree. My AP uses:
-Custom5 (My PUID field) Unknown
-Path does not contain "Media\Audio" (the folder tree for non-music tracks)

The same in principle as your filters, etc.

In ADFF I have been using the Custom5 Known check box to exclude tracks without PUIDs from the analysis.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Owyn - if you don't want to use the automatic mode, delete "Scripts\Auto\PUIDGenerator.vbs" and you won't have it. The reason I check after changing properties is because you might have blanked out the field, in which case the PUID would need regenerating.

@nynaevelan - the error messages come from the application, I do not define them.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

trixmoto wrote:@Owyn - if you don't want to use the automatic mode, delete "Scripts\Auto\PUIDGenerator.vbs" and you won't have it. The reason I check after changing properties is because you might have blanked out the field, in which case the PUID would need regenerating.
Only file is Auto\AutoGenerator.vbs
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh yeah, or that! :lol:
julial49

Post by julial49 »

I've noticed something really peculiar when running the script: keyboard short cuts do not seem to work anymore (e.g. DEL for deleting tracks, CTRL-L for looking up information). The commands work when I use the right click menu but not the short cuts. Once I stop the script everything works fine again.

Is this just coincidence or actually caused by the script?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmmm, I don't know, I'll take a look.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Trix:

Made a small change @167

Code: Select all

Dim cmd : cmd = "%comspec% /c "&exe&" f25c7a6acad172541066f475175465a7 -archive -rmd=2 """&mp3&""" >"&dat

Code: Select all

GenPUID Version 1.2 - 31 August 2007
Copyright (C) MusicIP Corporation 2006-2007.

Usage: genpuid dns-key [options] [file1] [file2] [...]
Options:
 dns-key                Get a MusicDNS key from http://www.musicip.com/dns
 -archive               Archive tags when songs are identified
 -m3lib=[cache.m3lib]   Save cache in [cache.m3lib] after processing
 -r                     Process files recursively
 -rmd=#                 Return metadata (xml format only, #=1 or 2)
 -v                     Print version and exit
 -xml                   XML format
This speeds up re-analysis of files, e.g. for Pending PUIDs.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, thanks, I'll add this to the next version.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Trix

I think this app could be exactly what I'm looking for so I tried it out last night. However, I was unable to get the PUID to write to the custom1 field that I selected for it. All my music is held in apple lossless format except for a few flac files but neither seemed to work at all. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and I just followed the instructions on screen, it seems simple enough but didn't work as I expected. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards

Goodog
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Do you get any error messages?
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hey Trix

Soory it has taken me a while to get back to you. I've been looking at this a bit closer and the script is actually working properly, well.... to an extent. It works on 'standard' 44.1/16bit files but, as luck would have it, I was trying this on 96/24 files and, as I said previously, it seemed to work but didn't write the PUID into the field as selected. It gave no error message so I can't pass that on but, would you have any idea as to why it wouldn't work with 96/24 file. What I'm trying to do is generate some ID's to attempt and make my own iTunes LP style interfaces for a couple of albums to how easy, or otherwise, it is to do.

Any help you can provide would be gratefully received.

Thanks and best regards

Goodog