VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ian.sorbello

VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Post by ian.sorbello »

Hi all,

I just completed an input plugin that allows MM to integrate to the fabulous VideoLAN VLC video player. :P

I've got a temporary site available to show you how you can get this and install it.
http://mm2vlc.sorbello.net.au

Take a look and let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Ian.Sorbello
Last edited by ian.sorbello on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: VLC Player plugin (MM2VLC)

Post by Peke »

I'm impressed.

If need help/questions feel free to contact me or other team members directly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

cool new script writer here. don't forget to add your script info in to the all script's thread which is where most of us get the new info from by having a email notice sent to us when it is posted there :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Great! ;-)
Let

Post by Let »

Very nice plugin. A proof of concept that might open mediamonkey the path of becoming a universal (audio, video, maybe books etc. in the future) archive management software.
robojock

Post by robojock »

GREAT plugin/addon!! :D
one problem though :( im using 64bit windows 7

1. the plugin "in_mm2vlc.dll" doesnt want to register in mediamonkey, even when running mm with admin rights. I also changed the security settings on the file itself to have full rights and it still doesnt show up :(
2. i noticed in your script it refers to c:\program files\... so users using a 64bit will have to change that to c:\program files (x86)\
3. if i try to register "VLCHttpClientUtility.dll" it gives me a error "the module VLCHttpClientUtility.dll was loaded but the entry-point dllregisterserver was not found... <- what does this mean? am i missing something?

Thanks for your help
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I've noticed a few issues with the installation of the COM object which I'm fixing tonight... [Edit] - Ok fixed, please visit http://mm2vlc.sorbello.net.au for updated instructions and downloads.

Cheers,
Ian.
Last edited by ian.sorbello on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

robojock wrote:GREAT plugin/addon!! :D
one problem though :( im using 64bit windows 7

1. the plugin "in_mm2vlc.dll" doesnt want to register in mediamonkey, even when running mm with admin rights. I also changed the security settings on the file itself to have full rights and it still doesnt show up
2. i noticed in your script it refers to c:\program files\... so users using a 64bit will have to change that to c:\program files (x86)\:(
Ahh! - I totally forgot about 64-bit as I only ever run on 32, so I've built a new 64-bit target DLL and uploaded it (http://mm2vlc.sorbello.net.au for the updated instructions and 64-bit links) . Seems like I need to set up a virtual OS for this so I can test it before I send out any future releases. So for now, I have absolutely no idea if this will load into you MM or not. But theoretically, it should.
3. if i try to register "VLCHttpClientUtility.dll" it gives me a error "the module VLCHttpClientUtility.dll was loaded but the entry-point dllregisterserver was not found... <- what does this mean? am i missing something?
My silly mistake - I gave incorrect instructions on the registration step. If you go back to my site at http://mm2vlc.sorbello.net.au - you'll see an updated section 3 on the COM registration.

(3) Open a command prompt (for Vista & Windows 7 users - open the command prompt with administrator priveleges)
(4) CD to the following directory: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727" (maybe you need to change this for 64-bit? :-? )
(5) Run the following: "regasm.exe C:\program files\VLCInteractor\VLCHttpClientUtility.dll" (or wherever you saved your DLL)
Last edited by ian.sorbello on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Let wrote:Very nice plugin. A proof of concept that might open mediamonkey the path of becoming a universal (audio, video, maybe books etc. in the future) archive management software.
I think you're right, Let. I see simple video player callouts such as this being a reasonable transition solution, prior to the MM team nailing video in the native app.

Ian.
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

rovingcowboy wrote:cool new script writer here. don't forget to add your script info in to the all script's thread which is where most of us get the new info from by having a email notice sent to us when it is posted there :D
Hey rovingcowboy

Sure thing, but being new to the forums, not sure where this is :o - could you point me to the all script's thread?

Thanks,
Ian.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Ian

I tried the 64bit plugin but it still doesnt register in mediamonkey :( unless im doing something wrong :roll:

BTW why is it "smaller" than the 32bit one?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

it's in the help with addons forum room. sorry thought i said that the first time? :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

robojock wrote:Hi Ian

I tried the 64bit plugin but it still doesnt register in mediamonkey :( unless im doing something wrong :roll:

BTW why is it "smaller" than the 32bit one?
Yeah - sorry about that, i've totally setup the 64-bit tooling the wrong way :o , so I'm going to need another day or two to get the solution sorted out right. It's smaller because I accidently released a debug version of the 32-bit (it is now about 13k instead of 65k).

I'll let you know the moment I get this running again. :wink:

Cheers,
Ian.
ian.sorbello

Post by ian.sorbello »

Hi all,

The MM2VLC installer has now been completed and uploaded to the MM2VLC download site here: http://mm2vlc.sorbello.net.au
The installer will enable you to both cleanly install and uninstall all the bits needed to get this running (including COM registrations).

This installer is also relevant for 64-bit users - as there is no special 64-bit build required.

Please take a look and let me know how you get on!

Cheers,
Ian.Sorbello.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Ian

It finally works!!! Thanks :D

Just one or two issues that i have which you could maybe fix ;)

1. Could it be possible to add into the installer a way to select the folder for 64bit users? Just an idea to make it more noob friendly...
2. 64bit Users still have to change the path in the script to "c:\program files (x86)\..." why not make a seperate installer with the correct path in the script? You know something like mm2vlc32... and mm2vlc64? Just a suggestion ;)

Thanks for a GREAT plugin for mediamonkey :)