Playlist Panel 3.1 (2010-09-19)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Playlist Panel 3.0 (2010-03-28)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Yes, I tried editing the script somehow to read the genres instead of playlists, but it didt work. :/
I know next to nothing when it comes to scripting..
dang.. i meant the other way around.. corrected (sorry just woke up..)
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You do not need to edit the script you need to create the panel from the Option Sheet in Tools - Options - Library - Custom Properties Panel.

You would then need to create the panel with the information you would like displayed.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Couldn't you tweak the Song Information Panel script to only show "genre"?
http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41882
--
The gpzbc
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

@queazouatl:
Hm, not sure I understand the request...

As far as I can tell, every title can have only one genre, so the genre field can be easily displayed and edited in the track browser. If you want the track browser to show only songs of a certain genre, you can configure the main tree to show the genre node.

Or did I completely misunderstand you?

@nynaevelan:
If you have any suggestions for new features, I'd be happy to take them into consideration. Can't promise anything, though, since I only do this in my spare time to kill the boredom.
MediaMonkey 3.2.x on Win 7 Home Premium (HTC Desire / Creative ZEN 16GB)
Check out my Playlist Panel script.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

CeeDub wrote:@queazouatl:
Hm, not sure I understand the request...

As far as I can tell, every title can have only one genre, so the genre field can be easily displayed and edited in the track browser. If you want the track browser to show only songs of a certain genre, you can configure the main tree to show the genre node.
Actually you can have more than one genre.
CeeDub wrote: @nynaevelan:
If you have any suggestions for new features, I'd be happy to take them into consideration. Can't promise anything, though, since I only do this in my spare time to kill the boredom.
Actually I think I am pretty content, the only thing I can think of is if there was a way for you to not have to click the panel twice in order to get it into focus to make changes. And it seems when restarting MM I always have to readjust the panel to get the OK button to display again. Other than that it has the ability to have all the fields that I would wish.

On a side note I forget why I stopped using the Song Information Panel but I think it had something to do with the ability to edit the tracks, which is a feature that this one offers for single and multiple tracks, as well as on the selected or now playing track. It's too bad MoDementia stopped scripting because he has some powerful scripts that I still love using.

CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

nynaevelan wrote:Actually you can have more than one genre.
You are right, of course. The genre field in the songs table is a simple, non-relational text field, probably a legacy of an older version.

Absolutely doable, but that would be a completely different panel. I pretty much ignore the genre altogether, since apparently no two people can agree on the definition of any genre anyway. But maybe I'll get around to scripting a new panel for that some day.
nynaevelan wrote:Actually I think I am pretty content, the only thing I can think of is if there was a way for you to not have to click the panel twice in order to get it into focus to make changes. And it seems when restarting MM I always have to readjust the panel to get the OK button to display again. Other than that it has the ability to have all the fields that I would wish.
Could you describe those issues in a little more detail? If those are bugs, I'd love to try and fix them, but I could not reproduce the behavior you mentioned; I don't have to click the panel twice and I'm not even aware of any OK buttons on that panel...
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It is the Static Playlist panel which I am referring to. If I want to adjust the playlists of a song I have to first click inside the panel, then click the playlists that I want to remove. I cannot just go straight to checking the boxes for the playlists because it never takes the first click.

Here is what the panel looks like when MM closes:

Here is what the panel looks like when MM re-opens:

See how the panel is now condensed to hide the ok button, this happens everytime I re-open MM?

CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Oh, I see. Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding, I thought you were referring to my Playlist panel. I should go to bed, I seem to be exceptionally obtuse today.
queazouatl

Post by queazouatl »

True.. true.. modementia had some really nice ones in the forums.. Was wondering what happened after I saw every link to the scripts were gone. :/ Hmm.. wonder if he still browses around..

@CeeDub
Yes, multiple genres can be used. I used to have just one genre per song too before but that was before I started using trixmoto's genre finder. I have it return around 5 genres (or subgenres via lastfm). I like it cause I "discover" more rarely heard tunes in my collection.

However, there are cases where the genre is tagged wrong and its in the middle of the field (i.e. Hip Hop; Rap; R&B; Soul). If I want to take out rap for example, its a lot handy to use your script (if it can be modified somehow)

@gpzbc
I didnt know you could edit tagging info using Song Information Panel. Ive used it before but it didnt have that functionality. I'll give that a look.

(still hoping for a way to toggle genre tags like in this script though, its a very user friendly system)
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Oh. I didn't realize we were talking about editing the genre tag. I thought we were just viewing. Sorry.
--
The gpzbc
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

CeeDub wrote:Oh, I see. Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding, I thought you were referring to my Playlist panel. I should go to bed, I seem to be exceptionally obtuse today.
:oops: :oops: I think I am the one being obtuse today, for some reason I thought this was the topic for MoDementia's Custom Properties Panel. Sorry all. I don't think I ever tried this one, now I will try it in order not to be a complete idiot...

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

If you are taking requests on ways to improve the script then it would be nice if it.....

1. refreshed the playlists from within MM rather than using a restart.
2. If the track doesn't belong to any playlists, then list all the others according to the view mode selected.
3. A scrollbar if there are more playlists than what can be seen on the panel.

CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Thanks for your suggestions.
nynaevelan wrote:1. refreshed the playlists from within MM rather than using a restart.
I never mentioned it, but if you open the options panel for Playlist Panel and click OK, the script will refesh the playlists, even if you didn't change anything in the options panel. Does that help, or too inconvenient?
nynaevelan wrote:2. If the track doesn't belong to any playlists, then list all the others according to the view mode selected.
You probably usually use the "checked only" mode, correct? The others should always display all available playlists. If not, let me know, then something'd be very wrong. Otherwise, this should be easy. Still, busy week, don't know when I'll find the time. Might be a few days.
nynaevelan wrote:3. A scrollbar if there are more playlists than what can be seen on the panel.
Um... you mean, there isn't one? Mine has a scrollbar. :oops:

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

CeeDub wrote:Thanks for your suggestions.
nynaevelan wrote:1. refreshed the playlists from within MM rather than using a restart.
I never mentioned it, but if you open the options panel for Playlist Panel and click OK, the script will refesh the playlists, even if you didn't change anything in the options panel. Does that help, or too inconvenient?
Not too convenient but it is more doable then rebooting if a fix is somewhere in the near future.
CeeDub wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:2. If the track doesn't belong to any playlists, then list all the others according to the view mode selected.
You probably usually use the "checked only" mode, correct? The others should always display all available playlists. If not, let me know, then something'd be very wrong. Otherwise, this should be easy. Still, busy week, don't know when I'll find the time. Might be a few days.
I had the checked mode first then the others but once I restarted after changing it was working with the changed mode.
CeeDub wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:3. A scrollbar if there are more playlists than what can be seen on the panel.
Um... you mean, there isn't one? Mine has a scrollbar. :oops:

I am not getting this could it be my location, mine is at the bottom next to the now playing panel?

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I tried several different skins and blue glass and glided are the only ones that I get a scrollbar on, and on them it is very skinny and has a light color.