Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [OUTDATED]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

molnium

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by molnium » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 pm

aha, now this makes sense, i think....
As a user with limited rights, i think one cannot write into c:/program files/...
I thought the log file would be created in %temp%? it seemed to me like this before, and most other scripts do this, too. But yes, this is why it doesnt show the error when running as Administrator: the log file gets written ok. :)

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 pm

I see, you created the log file as Admin and are trying to delete it as Guest.

Log in as admin. Delete (or rename) the log file, then go back to Guest. Run Lyricator twice. You should no longer have an error on the second run.

Edit: I will fix this in the next release. "temp.html" has to stay in the Lyricator folder, but, I can move the log file to %Temp%.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

Firetribe

Post by Firetribe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

I'm sorry that I haven't shown up here the last days, but I wasn't at home... :P

Quite interesting, molnium has the same problem like I do. The text for the first checked song is written in all mp3s. I'm using a German Windows 7, so that's another point for your localization-theory...;)

//The newest version fixed the problem for me...for now, to be more exact. Until now the older versions sometimes had worked, sometimes they hadn't...I'll keep informing you. I can make new logs if needed...
Unter der Maske eines Clowns siehst du die Spuren seiner Tränen...

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Lyricator 1.0.5 Build 13
- Move Lyricator.log to Windows Temp folder
- Add double check on track index. Abort save if mismatch
- Remove track index from preview display
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm

@G-DIABLO, firetribe, molnium
Please test the new release.
It will probably not remove the symptom but it may prevent the incorrect saving of duplicate lyrics.

At this point everything looks fine until the Save button is clicked, i.e. from reports the preview lyrics are correct.
If the new test worked you should see "Save Aborted" messages in the log.

molnium

Post by molnium » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm

hello,

for me it seems to work now very well:
i selected 3 tracks, and the lyrics displayed in the preview window where all written to the corresponding files.
However, as guest user i still get the error message: permission denied, lyricator.vbs, line 445, column 9 .
After this only aborting the script can be done. You can easily test this in making adding just another user account an giving adding it exclusively to the group "guests".
Very excited, nice improvements! Many thanks for the hard work!!

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 pm

molnium wrote:However, as guest user i still get the error message: permission denied, lyricator.vbs, line 445, column 9 .
Bah. Now you are getting the error on the "temp.html" file. Will try to move that to temp folder as well, but, that is trickier.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Lyricator 1.0.6 Build 14
- Move "temp.html" to %Temp%\Lyricator.htm

Firetribe

Post by Firetribe » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:07 am

Thanks Owyn...tested this newest release, got the same error again. Sent you a mail with log...I tried just three tracks and it inserted lyrics only in the first track. Seems to work so far :D
Another problem occured since the last two versions, I can't access the script via Right-Click. It's in the list, and it starts, but it only shows me the list of songs without starting to search. Via Dropdown of the original Scripts-Menu everything works fine.

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:04 am

Firetribe wrote:Thanks Owyn...tested this newest release, got the same error again. Sent you a mail with log...I tried just three tracks and it inserted lyrics only in the first track. Seems to work so far :D
Got the log. Saw the "Save Aborted" errors in the log. :D
Still trying to find the cause of the error, but, this at least prevents the duplicates from getting written to the database.

Did:
- All the tracks get updated properly on re-running the script?
- Does the same error show up for another collection of tracks in the same MM session?
Another problem occured since the last two versions, I can't access the script via Right-Click. It's in the list, and it starts, but it only shows me the list of songs without starting to search. Via Dropdown of the original Scripts-Menu everything works fine.
Do you exit and restart MM after installing the updated script?
I have seen occasional spinning at startup but the script eventually runs. However, clicking Close and re-running the script has also worked so far.
I have been testing exclusively via Right Click. :-?

Firetribe

Post by Firetribe » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Okay, sent you another log after re-running the script three times. Quite interesting, I think, now it updates one song per run, if I run it three times the first three songs will be updated correctly, and all others remain without lyrics. Same pattern with other songs in the same session. It's strange...^^
Maybe I will install Windows again during the next month, we'll see if then the error still occurs. A friend of mine had no problem with it on Vista. And I will check at my brother's PC, running with Windows 7 Ultimate, if there is the same problem. I hope I can report tomorrow...

Owyn

Post by Owyn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:24 am

Thanks, got the log. It is weird. Back to looking at code that I thought was working. :x

Brisk

Post by Brisk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Can someone please upload this on to another website, Mediafire is blocked in China. Thanks :wink:

yudicuba

Post by yudicuba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 am

hi,
here is a link from france
http://dl.free.fr/u18Ituobi
enjoy

davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:08 am

(From locked thread)
@Owyn - thanks, I'm glad you like it. If you search this thread for "activex" then there's quite a lot of advice, but I think the main thing to try is...
1) Run regedit.exe
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
3) Modify key 1201 = 0
This sets your "My Computer" zone setting (which is not displayed in the Internet Options) to Enabled.
Owyn wrote:Got the mail. Thanks for the logs.

The ActiveX message is a Windows security alert. I had the same problem with Monkey Rok.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ex#p246820

The only thing I added to Trix's instructions was to exit & restart MM after applying the regedit fix.
Um ... this is a concern. Editing the Registry to overcome an IE security setting could expose your computer to compromise by malware. Before effecting this change, read the Microsoft Support article about these settings....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569

There's an IE setting in Advanced settings, "Allow Active Content to run in files on My Computer," that seems to have no effect, if Lyricator could get a pass by running under that zone/setting, that would be safer than tweaking around a security setting for any ActiveX control that tries to run in Zone0.

Now, anyone can pooh-pooh my concern, that's fine, it's your computer. But I'll live with the popup message and have a more secure system, thank you very much. ;)
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.