Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [OUTDATED]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

G-DIABLO

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by G-DIABLO »

hello.

i didn't visit here for long time.
great to see you continue this great job i started!

is there a stable good version now?
working with hebrew songs?

i downloaded this version:
Thanks for the hint Canoa!
Lyricator 1.1.0.023 (unofficial)
Download: http://www.squirrelscript.net/dl/click.php?id=5
but it doesn't work for me..
which version are now working the best?

thx!
Firetribe

Post by Firetribe »

this verson should work...at least, it works for me...
Unter der Maske eines Clowns siehst du die Spuren seiner Tränen...
G-DIABLO

Post by G-DIABLO »

it just open new window for a second and close it, without finding nothing.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Firetribe said
this verson should work...at least, it works for me...
Believe me... it doesn't work for everybody. Times like these I wish I had another computer so I could try to see if the issue was other scripts or maybe a video card or other programs. Recently my Avast mail scannner stopped Outlook from retrieving mail from Yahoo and Gmail, never did it before and nothing changed as far as I know... s... happens sometimes. :-?
Barkoz
Skyler

Post by Skyler »

Hey,
sorry but the "new" lyricator doesn't work correctly anymore...
I was testing different songs, for example "Blink182- All the small things"
Lyrics by the "new" lyricator:
"Jackal, aches for pain beyond me
Bestiality beckons - The anger set free
....."
Correct lyrics..
"All the / small things
true care / truth brings
..."
Are there any solutions for this problem?
Thanks
Skyler
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Skyler wrote:Hey,
sorry but the "new" lyricator doesn't work correctly anymore...
I was testing different songs, for example "Blink182- All the small things"
Lyrics by the "new" lyricator:
"Jackal, aches for pain beyond me
Bestiality beckons - The anger set free
....."
Correct lyrics..
"All the / small things
true care / truth brings
..."
Are there any solutions for this problem?
Thanks
Skyler
If somebody uploads the wrong lyrics well that's what you get, which is why lyricator allows you to check and edit if necessary before saving

Barkoz

Post by Guest »

...but no hits out of 10 really popular songs!?!
a few days ago there where really no problems finding the correct lyrics.
that's the point I don't understand.
skyler

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem. The lyricator window quickly opens and closes without tagging anything. Some other times it does not find any matches for even really popular songs (e.g. Wake Up / Arcade Fire). Sometimes it does. Dont know whats wrong.
SquirrelScript

Post by SquirrelScript »

Well...
Its not working for me anymore! :( I don't get a result for anything.(Everything else is normal though)
Either the admin has changed the code once again or they have block my hosting.

Edit:
Just tired hosting it locally, works fine. They have block my hosting from accessing the site....

Hmmm...

The options I see:
  • * Everyone hosts it locally --- Everyone setups up & runs a web server...."fun" :wink:
    * Find a fix that which doesn't need the php code --- e.g. Just like before, just using java script
    * Find a better/different lyric site.
If I can find some time, Ill look into updating the java script so it doesn't need the php part
~Got Code?~

Code: Select all

http://www.SquirrelScript.net
jeneral

Post by jeneral »

It was working yesterday afternoon (I used it for 2 albums). In the evening I went to use it and some foreign words started appearing. I went to redo the same 2 albums and all the results were random. Hopefully the script can be fixed again.

Post by Guest »

Just open a window showing that is "searching" but not results at all :( :( :(
vlatro

Post by vlatro »

Here's the rundown on what's happening:
The original script worked great.
The source site reformatted, requiring a browser to request the lyrics instead of a 3rd party plugin.
A workaround using a php redirect was implemented. You can host your own site with the php, or use a public one.
The public ones may not be as stable, because it relies on both the main site and the redirect site to be up, below a max request setting (if one exists on the redirect), and requires that no more changes are made to the primary source site.
It would appear, more changes have been made to the source site (That's out of our control). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
The script could likely be reworked to get better results from the source, but given the recurring issues with the source site, it may be only a temporary fix.
The best option is a complete re-write based on a more stable lyrics source (which sucks, it may take some time).

Now the script is still working for me, but sadly, the site being scraped seems to have reorganized it's language settings. Now 2/3 of my songs return in spanish, which is completely useless. I'm going to fire up wireshark and back-trace the mini-lyrics program to see if I can adapt this script to their source and get time-synced lyrics instead of static text, both embedded and in lrc. The trouble is, the site being scraped now is undergoing some changes, it's gotten buggy (returning incorrect results even in their official plugin) and I've found the database to be fairly limited in the number of artists. They're fine for most mainstream music, but when you start looking for more obscure artists and old b-sides, it doesn't live up to the competition, even when it is working. The script is great, but the source site is a fucking tragedy.

I'm fairly new with scripting for mm, but proficient in several other languages, so I should be able to work up something. If I get something functional that doesn't require any "creative" work-arounds, I'll post what I come up with. No promises, as it's my first attempt, but if and when I get it, I'll open an new thread.
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

i also get different results. sometimes the results are in different languages (i.e.: spanish, some asian language).
when using lyricator for a whole album it also messes up the order of the lyrics for each song. for example i now have the lyrics of "wasted years" for "the lonliness of the long distance runner" it was just a script problem of monkyrok
djkor

Post by djkor »

hosting SquirrelScript's php script locally is not working for me, it just shows incorrect or non-english lyrics for everything. any ideas what should be fixed to make it return right lyrics?
~ megalord twat ~
ytsejam

Post by ytsejam »

The workaround is not working for me anymore. It worked when I installed about 2 weeks ago, but now is showing wrong lyrics or lyrics in other language.

I'm using Evil Lyrics for now. Hope this one gets fixed though. It was one of the best MM addons.