Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [OUTDATED]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Lyricator - Batch Lyrics Updater v1.00 [MM3]

Post by Lowlander »

Rednroll wrote:Ok....I did a little reading. There is a way to do it legally.
Exactly, your licensing the lyrics which will cost you.
sirandar

Post by sirandar »

Music companies are as usual horridly behind the curve when it comes to lyrics just like they were way behind the times in selling and distributing music 5 years ago.

For most artists that care about their craft, when I buy a CD, the lyrics printed on the insert. There is absolutely no reason every single legal MP3 released shouldn't include lyrics.

I just bought a physical CD, Norah Jones, The Fall. Probably one of the last I will ever buy. Looked on her website for lyrics and was bombarded will a whole bunch of visuals, audio and other well done but useless info BUT no lyrics. Sad .......... I already have the lyrics with the CD, does EMI expect me to spend an hour typing out lyrics that they already have and so do I? Does EMI expect me to put this CD in a special place in my house so I can find it again amongst the many other I have and then squint so I can actually read them?

I will pay for good music, but I will never ever pay for music and then pay again for lyrics. Music artists are using audio to relay a concept, idea, or emotion. Charging extra for a text copy is as greedy as government agencies charging "conviennce" fees for on-line transactions, when those transactions are far cheaper than any other mode of payment.

Buying music used to be fun, but all this crap has take a lot of the pleasure out of it.

Unfortunately, the music industry is way too disorganized to ever have a universal lyrics database. That amount of sharing is way beyond their capabilities.

Until every MP3 comes with built in lyrics, we will all have to suffer the incredible waste of time of typing out lyrics or searching through all the shady sites to find lyrics.

The large music producers probably want to find some way to rake in income from lyrics. They will probably fail and even lose more respect from people who actually buy music.

I have been waiting for a long time for Amazon.com to start selling MP3s in Canada. No luck yet.

I remember the BAD old days when the record companies ruled. The only way to hear new music was to listen on the radio and they decided what was on the radio. If it wasn't on the radio then you had to take someones word for it that the CD, tape or record was well done. I bought many new CDs just because I liked the look and feel of the cover art. That was the best info that was available for non mainstream artists, the "look of the cover" After buying ...... sorry no returns if it was not to your liking.

Amazon.com was a revolutionary music distributer. What a concept, I could listen before buying without someone deciding what I could listen to or not. That little fact changed the music industry almost overnight and made them accountable for the product they produced. Then came MP3s and you know the rest.
Peace through music
sirandar

Post by sirandar »

It is nice to eat my words, if only in a very limited sense.

The producer Quinlan Road is at least 5 years ahead of the curve and offered me a near perfect music buying expereince.

I was buying Loreena McKennitts new CD "The Wind in the Barley".

1) I could buy the music files almost directly from her website and pay with Paypal.

2) The music was available in MP3 and FLAC format with properly embedded album art.

3) A PDF of the CD booklet was downloadable

4) The lyrics for all the tracks were all available on her site in a copy/paste friendly format

5) The price was fair

All and all a perfect greed free experience.

Total Time to add Norah Jones "The Fall" to my collection.

a) 20min to go and buy it
b) 5 min to rip it
c) 3 minutes to find album art
d) 20 minutes to find, download and tag lyrics, verify they are correct and remove the sneaky adds they sneak in.

That is a hour just to add that CD to my collection, most of which is hands on time where I can't do anything else.

Total Time to add Loreena McKennitts "The Wind in the Barley" to my collection.

a) 20 sec to find her site
b) 6 minutes to buy and download ( 2 minutes hands on time)
c) 20 sec to add to collection
d) 4 minutes to tag lyrics from her site.
Peace through music
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

Amazon has started offering booklets in PDF for certain titles. I suspect this is not so much a slowness problem with Amazon but with publishers, if my experiences in eBooks (years before the Kindle) is any indication.

Hopefully lyrics will be next. I think I downloaded an Isley Brothers album from Amazon that was pre-populated with Composer tags, which helps Lyricator immensely.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
Peke

Post by Peke »

As MM4 Alpha is out and based on brief look of http://www.lyricsfly.com/api/ and http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... Downloader it should be possible to work out much easier.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rvan

Post by Rvan »

Are there any news?
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

I think it's safe to say, "very, very soon." Standby for more information.
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Please see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=54280

For the current version.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.