AMGexpanded v2.2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

yannl

Re: AMGexpanded v2.0

Post by yannl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:35 am

I have the same error. It works a few times then I get it and have to restart everything before it works again,
I would really love to find a way to use this script to tag an entire collection at once. I'd definitely pay for that

Goodog

Re: AMGexpanded v2.0

Post by Goodog » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:29 am

Hi PJ

Thanks again for a great script and fopr your hard work to keep it running. I do have one big problem with it though that I hope you can help me with. First of all, I'm running it in MM4 and that might be a bearing on all of this in the first place but anyway. When I select the AMG Options all I get is an almost blank panel and I have to 'paint' the options on to the panel by running the mouse over it. When I do that, the various options and check boxes appear and can be selected/deselected as required but there is no ok or cancel buttons, only the red 'X' button at the top right of the window as standard which will, of course, just cancel the panel.
Is this something that could be fixed easily?

Thanks again and best regards

Goodog

Poison Joe

Re: AMGexpanded v2.1

Post by Poison Joe » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 am

Hi MM's,

version 2.1 is out, it is is only a small bugfix. The custom tags are duplicated from song to song during scanning (thanks to Mike for reminding me).

Currently I don't use the MM4 version, so if something isn't working don't use it.

Some words to autotag samplers - most times you get a bunch of false results. This is a problem of AMG not from this script. I send the album title to AMG and if the album is not in the result list I can't do anything. Try it yourself.
But you can search manually in the main window until you have found the desired album and then press rescan. Most times I do it for every album I have, due to the mass of different releases for a single album, UK-Release, German release, 1 bonus track, 2 bonus tracks, remaster, reissue, etc. etc.

Greetings,
:evil: :evil: :evil: Poison Joe :evil: :evil: :evil:

Opawesome

Post by Opawesome » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Poison Joe !

First of all, thank you so much for your script. I have been looking for one like yours for months. It works very well and it surely took you a lot of work to achieve this result.

Now you see me coming... :roll: I have a request. Do you think it would be possible to have it working with classical music albums like this one http://www.allmusic.com/album/rubinstei ... -48-w85699 ?

I have actually no idea of the amount of time this would involve to adapt your script so please forgive me if my request is completely unreasonable. You can of course count on me if you need any help to do it ! :wink: (I used to customize some foobar scripts at a time)

In any case, I wish you all the best for the development of your script.

Best regards

Opawesome

Poison Joe

Post by Poison Joe » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:34 am

Hi Opawesome,

sorry for the late answer, currently I'm very busy.

Cause I'm not the real classic fan I never found this problem. Eastern I have a few days holiday. I will take a look what I can do then. To test it I need a classic album. Perhaps we can talk via EMail how to get one, which is listed on AMG :-)

Greetings,

nduke

Post by nduke » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 am

First of all, I'm a HUGE fan of this script and am VERY happy that it still works just fine with MM4. Finding this was perfect after years of my own hacks to do the same thing without endless cutting and pasting!

I just noticed that AllMusic is merging AllMusic and AllMovie into their allrovi.com site. It looks like it has potential and has all the data. The FAQ seems to imply that the old AllMusic site is official depreciated so I thought I'd mention the change in hopes that we don't lose this wonderful script if they eventually pull the plug on AllMusic or at least stop updating the data!

JoRJa

Post by JoRJa » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Hello Poison Joe

Thank you for this plugin! It's my first used plugin in MM and I'm very happy with it. If you have some time could you add one option - AMG Track Pick, i think it is very useful option, we can create libraries by rating. When I have some unknown album I don't know which track is the best, for example i have some unsorted tracks/albums, i want to categorize them, but i have not time to listen them all. For that i can create libraries by rating and then listen the best ones.

Thank you

Poison Joe2

Post by Poison Joe2 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:25 am

Hi JoRJa,

your idea is very interesting. How would like to implement this? Custom fields, rating or what?

Greetings,

P.S.:
Dear board admins, currently I can't login with my account, please have a look at this. I posted this in the "Bug Report"-Forum.

JoRJa

Post by JoRJa » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:10 am

Thank's for answer Poison Joe,

In AMG expanded options by adding AMG Pick check box or something else (this should be show as track rating in track infromation). If in album would be some Rating Info (In some albums on Allmusic missing information on the rating tab) and it is enabled in plugin options, script must add it to selected tracks. After tagging, we can choose best tracks from our (for example) 5 RnB albums and create new library, like "RnB Songs of 2011" based on Allmusic track pick.

Thank you.

Poison Joe2

Post by Poison Joe2 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 am

Again the question how to implement the AMG Track Pick.

We have to use a tag for this.

- rating would be bad, if you tag an album already rated, the ratings will be overwritten
- Custom fields are possible, but only usable with Magic Nodes to make playlist with AMG Track Pick

any other ideas?

Greetings,

JoRJa

Post by JoRJa » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 am

1. Yes, it can overwrite tracks which is already rated, but it can be useful when there is unknown album and we have not any information about this album. It can be enabled or disabled by user. unfortunately when exporting selected tracks into HTML report or other file extension there are not visible custom fields. When i share my library list to friends, exporting track list in HTML is best way I know.
2. If there is possible to add new field on Basic tab in track property window, like AMG Rating, or something else. User can rate track, but can not change AMG Rating.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 am

Look at PUID Generator by Trixmoto and see it's user selectable field, which would be best as user can select which field to use.

Look at Custom Report for more advanced exporting of track lists: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... tom+report
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

booblers

Post by booblers » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 am

deleting my posts since forum moderators see fit to delete honest posts. just helping to make their job easier. nothing to see here.
Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

booblers

Post by booblers » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 am

deleting my posts since forum moderators see fit to delete honest posts. just helping to make their job easier. nothing to see here.
Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poison Joe2

Post by Poison Joe2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:44 am

Many thanks for your advices and code snippets. I will try to implement booblers code and improve this script next free time I have. Also on the ToDo-List an installer for MM version 4, just changed to the 4er version of MM.

@booblers
I'm not sure what is the trouble with the leading 0's? The song number isn't set by this script.

Greetings,