AMGexpanded v2.2

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

booblers

Re: AMGexpanded v2.1

Post by booblers » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 am

deleting my posts since forum moderators see fit to delete honest posts. just helping to make their job easier. nothing to see here.
Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

booblers

Post by booblers » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:47 am

deleting my posts since forum moderators see fit to delete honest posts. just helping to make their job easier. nothing to see here.
Last edited by booblers on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poison Joe2

Post by Poison Joe2 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:38 am

Hi booblers,

your improvements are very welcomed. Cause of the very low feedback to this script in the last year, I've done only minor changes to this public version. The motivation is now a little higher :P .

Any comment or code which will make this script better is an inspiration for me. I know there are many scripters out there, and each scripter has some nice ideas. Therefore I grabbed some code here and there, as mentioned. The limiting factor is only the time I have.

Perhaps the next version is satisfying some more people, would be nice.

Greetings,
:evil: :evil: :evil: Poison Joe :evil: :evil: :evil:

dmc89

Post by dmc89 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 pm

OP, your script is awesome. A suggestion: in AMG options, the 'Track Title' in Tags Review is always grayed out and it's permanently checked. I don't want AMG to change the title tags but I can't deselect it.

Poison Joe

Re: AMGexpanded v2.2

Post by Poison Joe » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:24 am

Hi Monkeys,

version 2.2 released.

I have had a little bit of time to fix some elements (see first post for changes). At this point a big, big thanks to BOOBLERS!!! The much more better album matching is based on his improvements.

Have fun,

P.S.:
I'm looking for a way to integrate some more wishes of you, but due to the limitations of the web search interface or my incompetence, i'm stumbling about some problems.
For example, I found no way to tag the moods or rating of AMG. I've asked this in the developer forum some months ago, but got no answer. Therefor I repeat my question here.

The following is working fine

Code: Select all

For i = 0 To SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Count - 1
  SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Item(i).Custom1 = "nice tag"
Next
but,

Code: Select all

For i = 0 To SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Count - 1
  SDB.Tools.WebSearch.NewTracks.Item(i).Mood = "nice tag"
Next
doesn't

The same for ratings, occasion, tempo, quality etc. If anyone has an idea what's going wrong here, please tell me.

cmatte

Post by cmatte » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:35 am

Hi.
I like this script's idea and I've just tried to install it on the latest (rc3) mm4.
I get some errors:
on first work:
Error executing script event,
property or method not supported by the object: 'getAttribute'.
This doesn't happen if the track is already well-tagged.
Will report soon if I find other issues tagging thing around :wink:

Oh, one question, this is NOT intended to do something like a mass-tagging? Only from a single album at a time, right?

Poison Joe

Post by Poison Joe » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi cmatte,

I also use this version with the latest MM version. You are right, this script is not for mass tagging (whereas I tag masses of songs with this script!).
It's intended to be used with single albums, some tags should be already entered, album title and interpret as minimum.

Hope it wil work for you further on.

Greetings,

cmatte

Post by cmatte » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks! It's simply working very good, tagged many albums!! Very nice work mate :wink:

christhebeerguy

Post by christhebeerguy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks so much. This does crash sometimes, but man This is a real time saver and just awesome! I've been manually copying and pasting into an excel template that combines all the categories with a ;/ This is defintely a time saver. I think I have decided to learn to script this year and you are my inspiration. Thanks Again!!!

dmc89

Post by dmc89 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Anyone else having the script not work for them anymore?

I click auto-tag on an already well-labelled album with correct album name and artist name, however, I get stuck with "searching..."

It feels like AMG found out about this script and made some changes so it wouldn't work.

I'm upgrading to MM4 so maybe this problem only exists in MM3.

dmc89

Post by dmc89 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:45 pm

dmc89 wrote:Anyone else having the script not work for them anymore?

I click auto-tag on an already well-labelled album with correct album name and artist name, however, I get stuck with "searching..."

It feels like AMG found out about this script and made some changes so it wouldn't work.

I'm upgrading to MM4 so maybe this problem only exists in MM3.
Never mind. Upgrading to MM4 fixed the problem.

H3llGhost

Post by H3llGhost » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:37 am

Nice work, but it doesn't work correctly with multiple disc albums.
It only uses the track number and so get all tracks from CD2 labelled with the tags from CD 1.
All tracks has the correct disc number stored.

theta_wave

Post by theta_wave » Wed May 02, 2012 9:44 pm

It seems that allmusic.com rolled out some changes to their pages. I get a adobe flash error popup. Weird..
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin

Alterx

Post by Alterx » Mon May 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi.

I have to report some problems.

When i try to use the script everything is ok only if the first page retrieved is the page of the album i'm looking for. If i change the page 'cause the first one doesn't match my needs, when i try to rescan the new page moods and themes were not downloaded.

I also try to use the script to get the original year of the tracks but i see no change after the script is loaded and only the Year has been retrieved.

Then a suggestion: 'cause i'm using the Artist Album field with surname, name order, i see the script changes this value with name,surname even if i disabled the option to retrieve the Artist name. Pls let the user decide if he wants to have Artist Album with the same value of Artist.

I hope my english was good enough to let me explain the problems.

Thx for the script anyway.

Bye
Andrea

nduke

Post by nduke » Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 am

theta_wave wrote:It seems that allmusic.com rolled out some changes to their pages. I get a adobe flash error popup. Weird..
They've been threatening to go to their new look for over a year now and looks like they finally did. When they were beta testing the new site they did not have all the mood and occasion info which was a shame. It looks like they decided to add that back in when they went live.

They do have a new api that would probably make it even easier but Rovi has been pretty aggressive about people trying to actually use all their wonderful data.

That being said, it looks like scraping the data might even be a bit easier now with or without actually using the api. Any chance of AMGexpanded getting updated? It's one of my favorite scripts!