Artist Top Tracks 1.5 - Updated 18/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bdbrown5

Re: Artist Top Tracks 1.3 - Updated 06/12/2010

Post by bdbrown5 »

This does not work in 4.0. Or these instruction are not complete. The app looks like it is working on the status bar but no values are returned to Custom 1 field. And yes I pasted the string exactly into the script.ini file and saved it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Last.Fm is currently down, whilst the artist.getInfo webservice was working last night then artist.getTopTracks webservice was not. I haven't checked yet this morning, but it was giving 500 Internal Server Errors last night.

EDIT: I've just checked and it's working now. Try again, and if you're still not getting any results then try the debug mode to see what's going on.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's only working intermittently, so I wouldn't bother testing again just yet... http://status.last.fm/
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: Artist Top Tracks 1.4 - Updated 14/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to change the limit (default 50)
- Added mode to calculate rating based on rank
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I just discovered this script and I really like it! Thank you very much for developing it. I am going to give it a lot of use.
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

kazadharri wrote:OK. So I'm running this script. But I am now wondering if it can do what I would like to do with the results? Which is create a playlist of the top 15- 20 ranked songs by each artist which would then act as an input the to Radio DJ script I use. So would I need to create a Magic Node somehow? If so, anyone have any ideas on how the sql would go? I am not a SQL programmer at all.

Thanks,
Jeff
I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like you could accomplish this with an auto-playlist.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. I don't use a Radio DJ script, but I really like you idea. So here is how I set it up for my library. I set the Artist Top Tracks script to write to the Custom 3 field, which I labeled as "LastFM Rank." Then I told it to make an AutoPlaylist out of the artists top 3 ranked tracks. Here are my settings for the AutoPlaylist that I created.

Thanks for the idea, and I hope that helps you set it up.
-
--
The gpzbc
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

I have been playing with this script and have one small request. Any chance of getting a shortcut button for the toolbar?
--
The gpzbc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you. I've added it to my list.
trixmoto

Re: Artist Top Tracks 1.5 - Updated 18/08/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.5) is now available to download from my website. I have added an option to show a toolbar button to trigger the script.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Thanks! :D
--
The gpzbc
bmd85

Post by bmd85 »

I keep getting the message "Invalid field name was specified" when I use Custom 1?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You have to use field names as they are specified on the wiki. Try Custom1 without the space.
fabrice1973

Post by fabrice1973 »

Hi,

Amazing script. Thanks for this

Some results are quite different than on LastFM website though.
Is it using a different databse than the one on site?

I had to use the BPM field for the results as the Custom1 or others couldn't be sorted by numerical order.

Ratings - when used, it seems to only work with the rating field.
And provides 5 stars to all songs - That can't be right as it's not amazing songs I've used to test the ratings.
Couldn't find on LastFM site the ratings anywhere.

Last but not least, would it be possible to have a similar script based on UMDMusic database or other if better to get peak positions of singles in UK or US charts?

Thanks in advance
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks!

1) Yes, it uses the Audioscrobbler webservices, which are published by the Last.Fm website.

2) I can't remember off the top of my head how the ratings works, but I think it does an equation based on the popularity score, so maybe the webservice is returning a different scale now, that might explain it. I'd have to take a deeper look.

3) The UMDMusic site does not have an API, as far as I can see, which would make creating a script incredibly difficult.
seansage

Post by seansage »

i am confused with the use of this script. I am new to media monkey and scripts, and have been looking for something like this to auto rate my library for quite some time.

The tool asks for a Field to use and a String Prefix. What needs to go here?

What I attempted was simply highlighting a set of songs by one artist, clicking the script, I entered Custom1 as stated in another reply, then execute.

The progress bar appeared to be working, but nothing came up, no new list of songs. No new playlist was created either.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks