MM Refuses to remove dead links

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

barkoz

MM Refuses to remove dead links

Post by barkoz »

For some reason MM now refuses to remove any dead links from the database leaving me with multiple entries for some albums. I partially organise albums on a separate drive before moving them where they will live and then usually just use TaggingInconsistencies.3.9.4 to find dead links and remove them. Noe I'm getting the popup.. Remove from library/Computer etc but when I say yes MM just sits there and does nothing. Any ideas? I can just clear the library and re-scan but with nearly 145,000 track this takes hours and I would prefer not to.

Barkoz
MusicBringer

Re: MM Refuses to remove dead links

Post by MusicBringer »

barkoz, sorry I don't know the answer to your problem but have to say WOW your 145k beats my 87k tracks.

btw, have you tried running/opening MM as Administrator - it might help 8)

[late edit] "MM just sits there and does nothing"
Just a thought - how long does it just sit there.
If find that MM hangs a lot these days [not responding].
And with a largish library it might just take a bit longer.
Just a thought. :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Peke

Post by Peke »

Do few thousands at time to make things faster, if your files exist in right place I wonder why they are even shown in dead links.

I have 120k tracks and have no problems deleting dead links.

Note: Scripts are slower than native functions due the more SQL queries and needs more time to prepare list.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

I get the dead links because I partially edit albums on a different drive to where my music is kept then move them to where they will live, for some reason MM recognizes that some files have been moved and changes the filepath accordingly (I use MM tree to drag and drop files (folders) to where they are going) however every now and then it still thinks that the files are still on the other drive and keeps them in the database (giving me two entries). Initially I did this to avoid fragmenting lots of files after moving them to my music drive, I mean if they are already tagged the way I like them and then I move them I thought this would avoid that. It's probably not really necessary, diskeeper does a pretty good job of keeping things in order but deleting the dead links has never been a problem, usually it is pretty well instantaneous, just not today. I always run as administrator, however you made a good point about time, maybe I could have given it a bit longer... my gut feeling though was nothing was going to happen, I did wait several minutes and it was only a few hundred tracks, this would normally take about 2 seconds. I might just try moving the files before I edit in future to avoid the dead links.
Thanks for the reply guys
Barkoz :D
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Do you have the backup script installed? The last version of it didn't allow you to delete tracks for some reason, it's fixed in the latest update.
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

I'm using Backup 5.6, I think that is the latest but will check anyway and maybe try uninstalling it then deleting the dead links. I have had a few problems lately after installing a few scripts/updates to scripts so I might try uninstalling all of them and installing one by one.
Thanks
Barkoz
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

barkoz wrote:I'm using Backup 5.6, I think that is the latest but will check anyway and maybe try uninstalling it then deleting the dead links. I have had a few problems lately after installing a few scripts/updates to scripts so I might try uninstalling all of them and installing one by one.
Thanks
Barkoz
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10#p267324
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
barkoz

Post by barkoz »

Hmmm, thanks, I just installed 5.7 and will turn off delete confirmations if I still have problems. I will know tomorrow, too late to play more tonight. I need to sleep.

Barkoz :D :D :D
abboDave

Post by abboDave »

File>>> Clear database...

Type capital YES

Rescan library (By pressing Insert, or INS)

100GB mp3's took <3 mins to rescan - and no greyed duplicates...