MM G15 plugin v1.4 for Logitech G15, G13, G510, G19 etc.

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Re: MM G15 plugin v1.4 for Logitech G15, G13, G510, G19 etc.

Post by Onweerwolf »

Onweerwolf wrote:Well, Windows says everything is installed, so I don't know how to install the above thing manually.
Well apparently windows lied to me. I usually have updating turned off because it is annoying, but I turned it on to download any updates to see if it would fix my problem. I downloaded everything and let it install, windows restarted and said all was done and no new updates were cued. Yet when I turned on my computer this morning it started installing more updates. I don't understand why that happened today instead of Saturday.

Anyway, this apparently included the needed update for the VC++ update because it now installed and the update to your plugin now also works.

Microsoft... :roll:

But I'm very happy with the new features, thank you so much.

Code: Select all

LINE_1 = %TITLE%
LINE_2 = %ARTIST% | %CUSTOM1%
LINE_3 = %YEAR% | %LASTPLAYED% | %PLAYCOUNT%
:D
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Btw, I noticed that a song that hasn't been played yet will have it's Last Played date set at 30-12-1899 0:00:00.

It's not really a problem or anything but it looks weird.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I noticed some strange behavior.

This plugin seems top be dependent on a regular MM install. It does not work with a portable install.

I have both a portable install and a regular install but only use the portable one. The reason for this is described here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p338962

I've noticed the following behavior:

If the plugin is active and I launch my portable MM version it will instead launch the regular install. When I shut down the regular install and relaunch the portable install it will launch the portable install correctly and the plugin does work correctly.

If I remove the .exe file from the regular install folder the plugin will not work.
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

I'll try to fix the last played this weekend.

The portable thing is happening because this uses the mediamonkey API through COM since it's not run in MM itself. The COM location is stored somewhere, probably the registry, and it's going to point to the installed version. It's somewhat independent from mediamonkey (ran into bugs because of that before), so the portable can pick it up after. You can try making it access the portable instead, but I don't know where it's stored. I don't think it will work in a machine that doesn't have MM installed since it won't know where to look, so I'll look into if there's a way to tell it where it's stored.

It should work anywhere you put it, although if you've run it before the logitech software might be trying to access the old location. I've had that happen before when checking different builds where it will just stay at the MM_G15 screen.

edit:
Found some places where some locations are stored. There's hundreds of them though since each class has it's own identifier+keys for location, version, etc. Most of them look like this, although I found a few others as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{1036EE86-E7FA-4188-8A8C-C8538DFEE8B8}
edit 2:
I made it say 'Never' instead of displaying the date MM gives if a song has never been played before for Last Played. Just redownload it and run the new exe. It's the only change so I didn't change the version number or download link.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hmmmm. let me see if I can find all of them for you, think we published them some time ago.

Please send me PM if I do not reply in few days.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

meowmix4jo wrote: The portable thing is happening because this uses the mediamonkey API through COM since it's not run in MM itself. The COM location is stored somewhere, probably the registry, and it's going to point to the installed version. It's somewhat independent from mediamonkey (ran into bugs because of that before), so the portable can pick it up after. You can try making it access the portable instead, but I don't know where it's stored. I don't think it will work in a machine that doesn't have MM installed since it won't know where to look, so I'll look into if there's a way to tell it where it's stored.

It should work anywhere you put it, although if you've run it before the logitech software might be trying to access the old location. I've had that happen before when checking different builds where it will just stay at the MM_G15 screen.

edit:
Found some places where some locations are stored. There's hundreds of them though since each class has it's own identifier+keys for location, version, etc. Most of them look like this, although I found a few others as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{1036EE86-E7FA-4188-8A8C-C8538DFEE8B8}
Well, at this point I made a simple workaround as a fix by writing a little script to launch MM. The script first kills the plugin's process, then launches MM Portable and then relaunches the plugin. Which is working well enough for me. :)
edit 2:
I made it say 'Never' instead of displaying the date MM gives if a song has never been played before for Last Played. Just redownload it and run the new exe. It's the only change so I didn't change the version number or download link.
I tried this but it doesn't seem to work for me. It still gives me 30-12-1899 0:00:00 for unplayed tracks.
meowmix4jo

Post by meowmix4jo »

Onweerwolf wrote:
meowmix4jo wrote:
edit 2:
I tried this but it doesn't seem to work for me. It still gives me 30-12-1899 0:00:00 for unplayed tracks.
That's weird, thought I fixed it. Mine had a slightly different date though, thought it was a typo. I'll look into it maybe different versions report different dates.
Morgana__Lefay

Post by Morgana__Lefay »

Maybe it's already mentioned, but you have to install the 32bit version of V++. Doesn't matter if it's running on a 64bit Windows.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Morgana__Lefay wrote:Maybe it's already mentioned, but you have to install the 32bit version of V++. Doesn't matter if it's running on a 64bit Windows.
You have to do this because?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Because x86/32Bit apps can't load x64 Libraries and you must install x86 in order to get them working.

Distributing such libraries ialong with app usually increases app size considerably and can involve royalty fees that are not explainable if some app is free.

and x64 bit version of app is not distributed anymore in ZIP.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Peke wrote:Because x86/32Bit apps can't load x64 Libraries and you must install x86 in order to get them working.

Distributing such libraries ialong with app usually increases app size considerably and can involve royalty fees that are not explainable if some app is free.

and x64 bit version of app is not distributed anymore in ZIP.
I have no idea what this means. :lol:

I was just wondering if Morgana_Lefay is responding with a fix to the problem described above (the 1899 date for unplayed tracks) or if her comment was referring to something else.
eseketedigo

Looking fo mm_g15.exe addon

Post by eseketedigo »

Hi all,
I want to download mm_g15.exe addon but all links are down. Please share to me. Thanks