Add to Library on Play 1.0 (2010-10-20) [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Add to Library on Play 1.0 (2010-10-20) [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Description:
This add-on is for use with MediaMonkey v2.x or v3.x, made after request here. It automatically adds tracks to the Library on their playback (if they are not already there) to give MM the same behavior as it is in WMP.

Download:
http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/AddToLibraryOnPlay.htm

What is new:
v1.0 - 2010-10-20
* First public version.

Installation:
  • For MediaMonkey 3.x - just double-click on the AddToLibraryOnPlay-xx.mmip file; if you are on Vista or Win7 make sure you have MM3 set to "Run as Administrator"; if you downloaded the installation package with IE7 and it changed its extension to a .zip, you should first change it back to a .mmip.
  • For MediaMonkey 2.x - rename a .mmip extension to a .zip, extract the AddToLibraryOnPlay.vbs file to the MediaMonkey's "Scripts\Auto" folder and restart MM program.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gggirlgeek

Re: Add to Library on Play 1.0 (2010-10-20) [MM2+3]

Post by gggirlgeek »

Hi! It's your favorite pest. :evil:

The link to this addon is broken on your Webpage. Hope you haven't killed it because I can't find another solution to add this feature to MM.

Thanks!
My current favorite software: MediaMonkey Gold!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gggirlgeek wrote:The link to this addon is broken on your Webpage.
Sorry and thanks for the report. The download page is now updated.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

Hello! It's been a long time.

Do you know how to stop MM (v4.19) from adding played tracks to the Library? I don't have this extension installed anymore.

I have started using MM as a video player on my networked computers. I delete the files once they're watched so I don't want them in my library.

Any advice?

Update: I tried simply enabling Scan Continuously for the network location but most of my videos have sample files to go with them so MM adds those files too. Way too messy and over-complicated. It also takes up a lot of cpu and network resources.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gggirlgeek wrote:Do you know how to stop MM (v4.19) from adding played tracks to the Library? I don't have this extension installed anymore.
If you have uninstalled this add-on regularly using the Extensions dialog box, it would not stay in the MM folders and cannot cause adding tracks to the Library. It seems that your video files are added to the Library not on play, but when you copy files to the folder that is automatically scanned, so you should disable Folder Monitoring.
gggirlgeek

Post by gggirlgeek »

No I'm saying the files are being added to my library without folder monitoring and without the extension. All I do is play the video, then I look in my Video node and they are there. They are also searchable in the Entire Library node. After a while I get a bunch of dead links to videos I've deleted. I've tested it with mp3's and the same happens.

About folder monitoring. I simply turned it on AFTER I posted this question to try this method of deleting the videos from the library automatically once I've deleted them outside MM. Like I said it's messy and complicated and resource heavy so I don't want to use it. But it is working. :-/
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gggirlgeek wrote:No I'm saying the files are being added to my library without folder monitoring and without the extension.
You could check if the script file remained somehow in the MM folders and to remove it manually. If you had the regularly installed add-on, its AddToLibraryOnPlay.vbs script file could be in two locations, depending of your choice during installation:
- c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ - for all users
- c:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ - for the current user only

If you have a portable installation, the script file could be in:
- your_MediaMonkey_portable_folder\Scripts\Auto\

If you don't have the mentioned file anywhere, then you should post the report in the Help or Bug forum because it is the program itself causing that "problem" (I quoted it since some users don't see that as a problem).