[Request] Sync Playlist files to FTP

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pndragon

[Request] Sync Playlist files to FTP

Post by pndragon »

Hi,

I'm wondering if its possible to create an addon that looks for an auto-playlist (or a normal playlist) and uploads those song files to an FTP server based on certain criteria that a user defines (rating, date added, artist, genre, release date, etc.).

Let me paint you my real life scenario. I currently send myself songs back and forth between my work and home computer all the time. My home computer is setup to be an FTP server. Ideally, it would be great if I could just setup my work computer to be an FTP server as well and tell both computers to sync songs that meet certain criteria to each other, allowing basic commands like overriding existing files.

Please let me know if a) this is possible, and or b) if there is already an existing method to achieve this automated process. FYI, I have already done a quick search and the only thing close was a request from 2007 which never got anywhere. Also, I should mention that currently, I am kinda already doing this via SyncBack SE and telling it to sync files in my music directories with new modification dates. This method is very limiting in that syncback can't read ID3Tags and use that as a means to dictate that sync decisions; so the scope is very wide and too large for my purposes.

Thank you all.
skafan00

Re: [Request] Sync Playlist files to FTP

Post by skafan00 »

I am also looking for this functionality. i want to put my playlists on a personal website to share my music with a few friends.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes this should be possible to do, I have added the idea to my list so I'll take a look at it when I have some time.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script is now available here... http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=55397
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.