Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

paulmt

Re: Monkey Rok 5.0 - Updated 09/03/2010

Post by paulmt »

Installed first time and ran for me without any problems.
I was dubious about the big jump from 4.1 to 5.0 but you really have taken this forward a huge quantum leap.

Well done, :D I love the tabs and look forward to seeing this develop further in the future.
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Ah! I love the tabs! And I love the Playlists option.
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Ditto on the Playlist option.

Three questions;
1. What are the included skins other than classic and classic_tabs? I did a search and could not find.
2. My tabs are blank. Any thoughts?
3. Is it possible to show the Playlist option and Lyrics?

This is a great step forward for all monkeys. Thank you for your hard work.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Re-tested all panels using Classic skin. Looks good. In particular I had context menus at all appropriate points. Minor complaint, Escape does not cancel a menu. Needed to collapse item / panel to clear unused menus.

I have stopped using Classic_tabs. Too unreliable.

Will continue testing on other base skins.

Edit:
Did not check album art problems. Focused at this time on accuracy of artist/album/track/panel data.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

rrfpacker wrote:2. My tabs are blank. Any thoughts?
Not sure, but I think there might be a problem seeing tab data in Classic_Tabs if the panel is collapsed in Classic.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Basic skin is broken. Thought it might be leftover from 4.1. Uninstalled and re-installed MR 5.0. No change. Still broken.
jonp

Post by jonp »

Great update - thanks Trixmoto. Keep up the great work mate.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Owyn - I'll check out the tabs, my guess is they are hiding when empty but then failing to show again when they are populated. Also the right click menus, I think I know why that's not working, I will have broken it when I fixed the problem with track lists in other panels collapsing/expanding as well. I was going to add "esc" closes the menu but I forgot, thanks for reminding me.

@dypsis - all panels should remember their state, I'll investigate why the current album is not doing this. The artwork panel should always open with the image sized at 100% - maybe you are looking at a small image?

@Mizery_Made - this is by design, but I'll look at either changing the cursor or adding the popup to other images in the next version.

@paulmt - the reason for the change in major version was the fact that I was breaking all of the existing skins.

@gpzbc/jonp - thanks :)

I should have said uninstall 4.1 before installing 5.0 - the only skins that are 5.0 are "classic", "classic_wide", "classic_tabs", "brushed", "brushed_wide", "dark" and "dark_wide". Any others that you have listed you should delete as they are not 5.0 compatible (the "basic" ones have been renamed to "classic").

The tabs are not working because once they are removed instead of hidden, this means they fail to repopulate once they have been hidden. I'll need to change the order in which this is done in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

trixmoto wrote: @dypsis - all panels should remember their state, I'll investigate why the current album is not doing this. The artwork panel should always open with the image sized at 100% - maybe you are looking at a small image?
Thanks for your reply trixmoto.
My album art is all large.
I have been messing around with this on a couple of computers. I am sure there is a problem with the album art.
I am not sure if you saw this post. It has extra info about it.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I've added it to my list and will investigate shortly.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

For what it's worth, dypsis' findings present here as well, in regards to the Album Art opening small. It works fine on "First," but once set to "All" like mentioned, then it will open a small image. Similar in nature to how album art on a player that has an overly effect will open small whereas once without overly open fine. Don't know the inner workings of the script and how you're calling art and such, but perhaps it could be in relation to that bug?

As for the other thing, it's not that big of a deal. When the image opened fine from a click on the artwork presented by the currently playing track, so my next thought was "Hm, well here's another instance of the artwork, maybe dypsis is talking about this one" but found that while the cursor suggests it's clickable, it's not. Something minor to perhaps look into when other major issues have been taken care of. As stated, it's not that big of a deal.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Mizery_Made wrote:For what it's worth, dypsis' findings present here as well, in regards to the Album Art opening small. It works fine on "First," but once set to "All" like mentioned, then it will open a small image.
Thanks for confirming this.
For what it is worth, I don't post any issues until I have checked it out thoroughly on at least 2 computers.
Of course, I understand that still doesn't confirm that it is a programming problem. But it makes it more likely. :)
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Ran following tests.
- MR in Now Playing, Animated mode
- Disabled MR in View menu. Results as expected. MR gone from window.
- Changed Options skin to Basic. No visiible result. MR disabled.
- Enabled MR in View menu. MR back in window, but, none of the panels are populated. Just title bars for the panels. No CPU surge observed.
- Advanced to next track in MM. Saw CPU surge. Panels populated.

Conclusion.
1)Bug in Panel enabled processing. This is a change in behavior from 4.1.
2)Other problems with Basic skin. See log.

Test log follows:

Code: Select all

Panel enabled...
Panel disabled...

Panel enabled...
OnPlay event triggered...
  [OnPlayChange()]
  ArtistID=14388
  AlbumArtistID=30
  Skin before update...
  Update information...
  QueryArtistID=14388
  Update external...
@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getSimilar&artist=Fats+Waller+%26+His+Rhythm&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24
  Update external2...
  (Panel not available in this skin)
  Update external3...
  (Panel not available in this skin)
  Skin after update...
[450] Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'UpdateAlbum' (Microsoft VBScript runtime error)
  Update favourites...
  Update current album...
  (Using cached image)
  Update most played...
  Update albums by...
  Update featuring...
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Continued testing.
- MR mode Now Playing, Basic
- Watched other track advances. Errors in prior log persist.
- Changed Option skin to Classic. Looks fine. No errors in log.

Log follows.

Code: Select all

OnOptionsChange event triggered...

Start of debug...
  [OnPlayChange()]
  ArtistID=161
  AlbumArtistID=161
  Skin before update...
  Update information...
  (Using cached image)
  QueryArtistID=161
  Update external...
@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getSimilar&artist=John+Coltrane&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24
  Update external2...
@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getInfo&artist=John+Coltrane&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24
  Update external3...
@http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=track.getSimilar&artist=John+Coltrane&track=Naima&api_key=6cfe51c9bf7e77d6449e63ac0db2ac24
  Skin after update...
  Update favourites...
  Update most played...
  Update current album...
  (Using cached image)
  Update albums by...
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  Update featuring...
  (Using cached image)
  (Using cached image)
  Update volume...
  Update position...
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Hmmm. Checked 5.0 mmip. Basic & Animated are not included with package.

Tried:
- Un-install 5.0
- Exit MM
- Double-click 5.0 mmip.
- Check options after install complete. Basic & Animated still provided as skin options.