Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Owyn

Re: Monkey Rok 5.0 - Updated 09/03/2010

Post by Owyn »

Oops. :oops:
Missed your previous reply Trix. Will hold off on more testing & posting till 5.1 available.

No big. Plain "Classic" is usable.

Edit:
Finally figured out that I had to remove all references to Basic & Animated in ...\Scripts\MonkeyRok\skins
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Enhancement Request.
Change Lyrics text panel to display Lyrics and Comments.

- I can then un-install Gege's script.
- Most podcast short show notes are stored in Comments by MM.
- I have at least one weekly Mixtape that I get that has the track list in Comments.

:)
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Enhancement Request:

Change the Lyrics panel to also be an external panel so that it can be active without having the Information panel active. :D
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
stan9980

Post by stan9980 »

Is anyone else having a problem with the statistics view?

The Now Playing and Selected views work as expected, but if I select Statistics I get an initial burst of CPU usage, but no stats appear. It worked in 4.1. Any ideas?

I'm using the classic skin, MM 3.2.0.1294, Windows 7 x64. MonkeyRok log is as follows...

Code: Select all

MonkeyRok 5.0 started...

Panel enabled...
  [OnPlayChange()]
  Showing statistics...
stan9980
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

stan9980 wrote:I if I select Statistics I get an initial burst of CPU usage, but no stats appear.
Problem confirmed.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Owyn - sorry, I forgot to make it clear (or even mention!) that 4.1 needed to be uninstalled first to remove all of the old files that are no longer needed. I have added your request to my list.

@nynaevelan - yes, I'll add this to my list too.

@stan9980 - this was working earlier on in this version but I didn't re-check by the time i got to the end - I'll have a look and see what I've broken.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Owyn wrote:Minor glitch with "classic _tabs" skin.
I have "Similar Artists","Biography","Favourite","Played" & "Albums By" tabs. Everything seems fine except that clicking on the "Biography" tab re-arranges the tabs in a funky way. No big.
I've noticed that this behavior is related to the width of your MonkeyRok window. The behavior goes away if you make MR wide enough for all the tabs to be on one line.

With that being said, I love the tabs!!! It was always awkward before to scroll down to see one of the panels. I hope all future skins will implement them.
--
The gpzbc
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Yep, and so do I, but there are bugs in 5.0s tab code. Not reliable to use until 5.1 comes out with the fixes.

For now, I am using Classic with mainly collapsed panels (title bars only). The most important information to me at the moment is Biography, Albums By and Albums Featured.

I am munching my way through the SXSW 2010 showcase artists and it is really useful to have a quick bio of the mainly unknown to me artists at the time their track is playing.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

A note to skinners: the slider and tabs controls are part of the jQuery UI package. To easily change the style of these for your skins you can start by rolling your own theme. There's also a gallery there of existing themes, which I downloaded 3 of to cover the included skins, all for version 1.7.2 (this will make sense when you do it yourself).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Laoma

Post by Laoma »

trixmoto,
thanks so much for your last version, much appreciated!

My observations so far :
1. Artists with apostrophes still cause problems - the panels "favorite tracks/most played tracks/albums featuring/albums with" don´t get refreshed (there´s only a bouncing bullet to see).
2. "Similar artists" not showing match as a percentage is still the case here - with one improvement to the old version: If the match is exactly 100%, it´s showing correctly; all other matches still look like "0.473589%".
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

@Laoma.
Are you sure you are using the new version? It should say MonkeyRok 5.0 at the head of the panel.
Did you exit & restart MM after install?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Option to include current album in Albums By appears to be broken.
Laoma

Post by Laoma »

@Owyn,
I´m definitely using version 5.0, I uninstalled the old version before installing the new one (and also restarted MM several times).

Maybe a problem with my OS (German Win XP)?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Yeah. Or it could be the Last.fm api interface from german system.

Trix??

Edit:
1)Similar Artist %s are definitely fixed on my system.
2)Yep. Something broken with single quote artists, e.g. Sinead O'Connor, etc. No SQL error but Favourite Tracks, Most Played Tracks & Albums By panels are not getting updated. In fact panel title stays on previous, non-quote, artist.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Thanks for this nice update, i like the new functions and sure the taps :D ,
and thanks for the help link for the new skin engine ,so we have some more to learn , i think there is lot of potential in it ,and I'm sure there comes some nice MR skins the next time. :wink: .
I take a look inside and make some fast modifications on an existent skin ,to look what can be done,
so far it looks like this:

just one problem I'm noticed ,i can't make the skin border less :-?