shuffle script needed.

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yes this script will do what you want as in shuffle the first song.

but only if you use the radomize part that peke made as the add in which is the first two line script in this post

you should how ever use the second script posted here as that is his windows scheduler script which is timed useing the task scheduler in the windows os. you need to have media monkey started first or it will toss an windows scripting could not start error.

but the second script posted in this thread has the randomize code in so you can just copy the script and paste it in your own note pad call it what ever you want and save it as an .vbs file. make as many copys as you need one for each playlist. then go in to them and change the playlist name to the one you want.

save and get out of it. then go make tasks to start all them at the time you want.

now if you look at the randomize code you will see the number 1 in that code it is to move the start song by how ever many numbers that is. 1 moves it to the second song in the list 2 should make it start with the 3rd song in the list and so on.

the last code in the thread above this will randomize the start song to any in the playlist.

but these codes only change the start song of the list.
to make it shuffle the whole list will need to have a new shuffle button code.

but i can see where you would get the idea of the shuffle in monkey not working. but in fact it does go through all the songs. you just have to play the playlist every day i run my computers using the third code above and the second code above with out the randomize in it as i have a few playlists with one sound effect song in the list, so no need to randomize one song?

but they run all day all week and i mean all day and all night i don't shut the computer down or stop monkey unless maintance is needed on the computer it runs 24/7 win98 is what i use.

the songs seem to play only the same ones but after a day or two you will start to hear other songs it seems that monkey trys to play well known songs but will also try to play all songs with out any play count in them.

monkey just takes his time in seeing the different songs.

but a script that will speed him up in that matter would be nice if you have a limited song library.
you could also get the script that you can change the playcount back to zero on for all the songs.

it is the one where you adjust them one number at a time. just go in to the script and change that number to a large number and keep running the script for the songs until you get them all back to zero.

that will reset the memory in monkeys database so all songs seem new.
that might get some different songs played earlier then you are getting them now.

if you got some songs or jingles you don't want the playcount to go up on then you need to find the jingle script that will make the count for that song keep going back to zero.
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Peke wrote:I'll do the cutting :)
as you see by my posts most of them are the same size as that little text i sent you.

so you could say that was a little text for a texan to write :lol: 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I manage to read your little posts ;) 8) :roll: :D
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kuby

Shuffle

Post by Kuby »

Rove - you go off in to many tangents for me to follow....

Peke - a few questions....
1. This .vbs script will be used once per MM playlist - once used to get MM to play it never gets used again untila MS task calls it. So it is like a one time command program. The point I'm trying to get at is - the .vbs is not used after "each" song in the playlist.

2. The shuffle part of your code. You then randomize the playlist one time and set the playlist play pointer to song one. providing that MM is not set to shuffle the playlist will play from song one and sequence throung a a one time shuffled playlist.

3. IF I wanted to re-shuffle the playlist I couldvia MS task re-call this cc.vbs and execute - it would do a one time shuffle of the playlist and stat playing at sone one and sequunece through the playlist.

4. IF MM playlist repeat is turned on it will repeat the SAME song sequence after the last song in that playlist has been played or until a new MS task/.vbs has been called and executed.

TNX
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well kuby? you must be in a different country? sorry.

1. the script only starts the playslits.

2. it never gets run again until it is called for again by the timer you set to call it.

3. you can make as many copys of this script as you want with different playlists being called, by different timers.
but each script only gets called once to start the playlist.

calling it more then once will keep restarting the playlist and give you the effect of randomizing the list, but theres the chance doing that will crash task scheduler.

4. thats right monkey will play the same playlist until you run task scheduler to start a new playlist script.
but monkey is what controls the randomizing of the songs. this script only randomizes the first song on start up.,

that is the same i said before? only i told you how to make the scripts and which scripts you should use for what?

I answered because i got here first :D but peke will tell you in a different style just to make sure you get it understood.
Peke

Post by Peke »

First of all regarding of age you both talk of same thing but in different LNG. I do not wanna be in a middle.

Koby,
1. Yes, as it regers on ly to one playlist to keep simplicity. It is easier to copy same file under different name than temper with lines in script itself.

2. Yes, as with script I still can't read or set Shuffle setting of MM Player. So from your point view you are right. Randomize Code was made so that Shuffle Set MM have starting ponit Randomized each time the script is started.

3. Yes, you call same script and start point and Randomize Seed will be changed. Easier way is that you extract Randomize part in separete script and call it Re-Shuffle "Now Playing.vbs".

4. No, as MM do not actes same as Winamp. Winamp remebers Randomize seed (Not 100% sure for repeat) so that you can use Previous all the way untill the begining of Shuffle.

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Rovingcowboy,
1. Yes, always with new starting point for each call of script.

2. Yes, "Now Playing" Is not changed as Scheduled script is finished and until new one is started with new or same playlist.

3. Yes, no matter of number of copies of script is started the important thing is what playlist is started and if you start each one again and again you only get different Shuffle starting point of that playlist.

4. No, as used in conjuction with Auto-DJ and playlist of one song You will get one song in playlist played every time and then Auto DJ will add other songs.

So I came to conclusion that both of you are tie in Yes and No answers

Rovingcowboy = 3xYes and 1xNo
Koby = 3xYes and 1xNo

I hope I cleared something, and no hard feelings I do not want offend neither of you two.
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no hard feelings with me peke i am just trying to get him / her
( i am not sure which as i never heard the name kuby before.?)

to understand in some way what it does no matter how i said it in either thread they posted about this script in they don't seem to understand.

they don't join in or say what country they are from if they did then maybe we could word it more towards their way of understanding.

even if in the usa there are different ways to say things in different states.
it is such a simple script i think they are making it harder to understand then it is. :o
8)

so 1 was wrong? thats about par for me. 3 right one wrong but atleast i try. :lol:
Peke

Post by Peke »

None taken Rovingcowboy,
If you are non-Native english like me sometimes it is hard to read long posts with lots of "strange" words, you can read it in different tone of voice and you can find it offending even like that someone smiles in your face.

This community has grown quite large. Few of us are long here so we may understand each other with less words, which someone new and non-native english speaker can make to understand differently or not at all.

Re name: For example PEKE in few countrys it is girls name and that is only Nickname here. In english can be read similar to PIKE.

Regarding this TOPIC I'm hoping that both of ours answers helped Koby in clearing some doubts and this is all that matters.
Best regards,
Peke
baker

Post by baker »

Koby, with the Gold version of MM autoplaylists will sort by more than one criteria. If you use the MM player, MM will remoember the # of times you play a song. Since autoplaylists will sort by '# Played', they can first be sorted by '# Played' and then randomized. So that all the songs that haven't been played get played randomly first and then the songs that have been played get played randomly and so on. This creates a perpetually fresh playlist which can then be called by Task mgr to play whenever you want.
baker

Post by baker »

insert 'once' twice.. :lol:
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

here's a little little post for ya peke?

Wow did you cut that down what i sent ya.

and added some stuff i did not know you could do 8) :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

:) Guilty, I have used your Text to make mine as as you know I'm not native english speaker your text helped a lot.
Best regards,
Peke