Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.9.3 2013-12-03

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rexrod

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.1 2011-11-27

Post by rexrod »

Aff wrote:
Aff wrote:
rexrod wrote:(...) sync back skip counts (...)
Thanks for your suggestion, I will implement this in the next version.
Done, last played date as well! 8)
Excellent! Can't wait to try it out.
MarkODD

Re: Sync back ratings & play counts (MSC) v1.2 2012-01-15

Post by MarkODD »

This is a great script Aff.

I just have a question regarding play counts. If I have already played a song a number of times in Mediamonkey, then I sync it onto my Android phone and play it on there, then when I sync back playcount doesn't increase. This seems to be because the playcount on the Android device started at 0 again and since the playcount is higher in mediamonkey nothing is synced back.

Is there any way of importing the existing playcount from Mediamonkey?
Aff

Post by Aff »

Thanks for your question.
There is no simple way to import the play count.

The play count of the last Auto-Sync is stored in a table of the MM database, so it would be possible to calculate the increase on the device and add it to the current number in MM. To prevent double counts when SyncBackRatings is run more than once after an Auto-Sync, the script would have to update the play count in the Auto-Sync table as well. This doesn't work with skip count though.

I'll have a deeper look at for a future version.
JDAustin

Post by JDAustin »

I'm having a bugger of a time with this. I have a Galaxy S2 with my music stored on a SD card and I've configured MM4 to use the d_USBMass1 driver for the card. I've checked the Songbird XML from PlayerPro and verified its there. The problem though is I still get the "No Synchronized devices" error no matter what I try.

Any suggestions?
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

You have a pretty good explanation here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p326949

But in any case, make sure that your device shows as a DEVICE, and not as a mass storage unit under the My PC node, because this does not work.

In my case (SE Xperia Arc) I first connect the device and then launch MediaMonkey. Otherwise MM does not see the device

best regards

dnl
elton.sucek

Post by elton.sucek »

I'm having a strange little problem, when I syncback some ratings it appears different in MM, for example, some songs I rate as 1 star in playerpro, appears as 1,5 star in MM, after syncback.

Could you help me?
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

this script is excellent! I was the person who asked for the PlayerPro dev to do the stats export so we could try and get this to work in MM, (I put the dev intouch with the devs of MM and i'd hoped for an integrated solution to come in MM4) I'm glad to see this has finally all come together with the use of this script :) :D

...does anyone know what PlayerPro counts as a skip? I've been testing today and i've skipped a few tracks part way through, however when I examine the xml i can't find any populated skip counts in the file... I'll try a re-sync when I get home and see what it does.

Maybe I should have started with less than 1000 tracks for testing :roll:

update: it seems player pro can only write one file per day. I created an export this morning and exported again later in the day but it's not updating the timestamp. If I delete the xml file from the phone, it recreates it and I can see the skip counts. This may be a bug, i'll look further into it and post on the support site.
Last edited by zombiefly on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
wtanksleyjr

Post by wtanksleyjr »

I'm reading through the code -- beautiful. I'm going to modify my script to uninstall itself as cleanly. Actually, I'd like to extend this for a different purpose... To perform the first half of a sync, including silently deleting files from the media device if and only if they're present in mediamonkey, their tags are the same on both mediamonkey and on the device, and they are no longer present in the playlists that generate the sync.

I'm just so sick of being asked EVERY TIME whether I want to delete a huge list of files -- and I can't skip the dialog, because MediaMonkey might want to delete an MP3 I downloaded from somewhere else.

May I copy your code and/or ideas? Would you like to provide a license with that sort of thing in mind -- maybe the GPL or one of the Creative Commons licenses?

-Wm
Aff

Post by Aff »

elton.sucek wrote:I'm having a strange little problem, when I syncback some ratings it appears different in MM, for example, some songs I rate as 1 star in playerpro, appears as 1,5 star in MM, after syncback.
PlayerPro interprets the star values not exactly the same as MM, see e.g.http://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/viewtop ... 281&p=3317 and http://www.aplayerpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=866.
Possibly I'll add an option to correct this in a next version.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

This script is just what all Android users are looking although it should be included within MM4 by default. Why are Apple devices always supported and Android ignored?

The only problem I have is that the script updates Last Played Date correctly but it never increments the skip counter. All of the songs it finds are reported with 0 plays.

I think this issue was raised before in this thread but I don't think there was an answer.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Maybe it's the same as:
zombiefly wrote:update: it seems player pro can only write one file per day. I created an export this morning and exported again later in the day but it's not updating the timestamp. If I delete the xml file from the phone, it recreates it and I can see the skip counts. This may be a bug, i'll look further into it and post on the support site.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

^^ i think that is the issue, i've now got it working well. Try clearing all the xml files from the playerpro export folder on the android sd card then do another export.
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Aff

Post by Aff »

wtanksleyjr wrote:I'm reading through the code -- beautiful. I'm going to modify my script to uninstall itself as cleanly. Actually, I'd like to extend this for a different purpose... To perform the first half of a sync, including silently deleting files from the media device if and only if they're present in mediamonkey, their tags are the same on both mediamonkey and on the device, and they are no longer present in the playlists that generate the sync.

I'm just so sick of being asked EVERY TIME whether I want to delete a huge list of files -- and I can't skip the dialog, because MediaMonkey might want to delete an MP3 I downloaded from somewhere else.

May I copy your code and/or ideas? Would you like to provide a license with that sort of thing in mind -- maybe the GPL or one of the Creative Commons licenses?

-Wm
Folders can be defined in MM that will be excluded from deletion, so you could download MP3s to a such a separate folder. But I guess you know this and need a more powerful solution. :)

Thanks for asking that kindly about the copyright.
You can use the code under the GPLv3 license (not incorporated yet) and please
  • make a clear reference to this thread and authorship
  • use the most recent source if possible
  • inform me (PM) if there are any bugs in my code or if you have made any improvements to it.
wtanksleyjr

Post by wtanksleyjr »

Thank you for the generous license terms. And, of course, for the use of your script, which is a generous contribution even if you hadn't licensed it :-).

Yes, I do use the "don't delete" folders, but unfortunately they're the opposite of what I need. I don't want MediaMonkey to EVER delete or offer to delete anything MediaMonkey didn't upload to the device; I don't want to have to babysit it and spank its hand when it tries to reach into a folder newly created by an app I'm trying out because it sees a sparkly new toy in there it wants to delete. On the other hand, I do want MM to clean up after itself; I don't have any way to correctly clean up mp3s that are simply not present on its sync list anymore.

Actually... It suddenly occurred to me that I DO have a way. I could put a DELETE trigger on the synced tracks list, so when MM removes something from being currently synced I could somehow tag it; then I can manually delete it later. That's annoying, but WAY less dangerous (or complex) than anything I'd thought of in the past.

Hmm. This may be worth an experiment.

-Wm
abatistas1709

Post by abatistas1709 »

Aff, congratulations on the great script you developed. I noticed that when the last played date gets updated, it's in GMT timezone. I've done a little modification to it in order to use the local timezone. I can send you if you like.
I hope you can solve the problem of updating playcounts for tracks that have been played on MM.
Thanks.