threehills wrote:I'm also getting the sync back error mentioned previously "you have no syncronized devices".
The problem was that WMDM instead of USBMass was used. SyncBackRatings only supports USB Mass Storage Devices, not Windows Media Device Manager (see the OP please).
The reason is that the Android implementation of WMDM/MTP doesn't support ratings (see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=12433
). Otherwise MM would be able to read and sync back ratings by itself.
And here comes a short description on how to set up a mobile phone or any device as MSC:
1. Mount your device in USB mode
2. In MM you will see it as a drive letter
3. Maybe there are 2 or 3 drive letters, so check which is the one with the music on your device
3. Go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices and check whether the device has been detected by MediaMonkey's WMDM plugin. Uncheck that device.
4. Select the 'Generic Portable/Audio Device' plug-in and press 'Configure'
5. On the 'Device Configuration' tab, enter the Drive Letter and a Drive Label (e.g. "SPH-D710"). (Find the USB Device ID if you are sure). Press 'OK'. Once this is done, when the device is plugged in in the future, it will be recognized by the Generic Portable/Audio Device plugin instead of the WMDM plugin.
6. Configure the device (storage locations, conversions etc.)
If you have several MSC devices you can simply create a copy of Plugins\d_USBMass1.dll for every device.
You may read some more in the help:http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/frame/index.html?mtpdevices.htm