How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rovingcowboy wrote:silent files are only a few seconds long and can be put in the playlist to fill up the time to make it an even limit. but only if you are going to make a list with just that many songs in it.
But why? It makes no sense to me to listen to silent files. :-?
unless you sit there and change playlists by your self you can't stop the songs from being cut off.
But it works with the scrobblerDJ script so I assume it should be possible with a script like this as well.
but you can use auto playlists. make them play so many minutes of songs and make them pick from the main genere you want for that time frame.
its only possible on the gold version of monkey to set the time limits on autoplaylists.
But the autoplaylists don't guarantee to be filled with the exact same amount of time that you have limited it to.

So it's either a cutoff or an undefined period of silence.

Post by Guest »

Cowboy has told you what to do, with this script as it is. If you want it re-scripted ask peke he did the script, but he is also a developer of mediamonkey so he might not have the time. I suggest instead of silent files, using short daily diddy's like real radio stations do. They Hire us to make short filler songs they can play to fill short time spans some are half a minute some are longer, But you could even play jingles, or one line jokes that take less then 30 seconds to play.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Anonymous wrote:Cowboy has told you what to do, with this script as it is. If you want it re-scripted ask peke he did the script, but he is also a developer of mediamonkey so he might not have the time. I suggest instead of silent files, using short daily diddy's like real radio stations do. They Hire us to make short filler songs they can play to fill short time spans some are half a minute some are longer, But you could even play jingles, or one line jokes that take less then 30 seconds to play.
But I don't want to play silent files or jingles... I don't even understand why you or Rovingcowboy suggest this as I don't see what it has to do with my question? :cry:

And yeah, the reason why I posted my question here is in hopes of Peke or someone else noticing it of course.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i do know what you want to do. i tried the same thing when i started my jukebox. you want solid songs with out cutting them off for the time your playing the music. in translation you are trying to make the time constraints for songs fit with in the hour marks. the only way to do that is fill in the space with short songs. or short jokes or jingles, to make the amount of time equal one square hour and not cut off the songs.

and at the same time you want the script to auto populate a new blank playlist when it changes genere's.

the autoplaylists can do the auto populating of the songs.

but there is no way i know of to make a fuzzy logic script to figure how much time it has to adjust, for each time it is told to change genere's. which is why i said to put in blank filler spaces. but those songs and jokes and jingles are a good idea too.

don't just sit here and wait for them to reply. i know him and others have see your posts here but use the " PM " button on one of pekes messages and ask him in the pm.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rovingcowboy wrote:i do know what you want to do. i tried the same thing when i started my jukebox. you want solid songs with out cutting them off for the time your playing the music. in translation you are trying to make the time constraints for songs fit with in the hour marks. the only way to do that is fill in the space with short songs. or short jokes or jingles, to make the amount of time equal one square hour and not cut off the songs.
No, that's not what I want. I'm not interested in playlists that are limited to an exact amount of time.
and at the same time you want the script to auto populate a new blank playlist when it changes genere's.
Nope, I just want the script to add the songs from the target playlist to the songs that are already in the now playing list. Preferably after the currently playing song (if any.) The only thing the script does that I do not like is the fact that it empties the now playing list when it's activated, which effectivily cuts off a song that was playing.
the autoplaylists can do the auto populating of the songs.
Sure, but it doesn't really matter if i use autoplaylists or normal playlists.
but there is no way i know of to make a fuzzy logic script to figure how much time it has to adjust, for each time it is told to change genere's. which is why i said to put in blank filler spaces. but those songs and jokes and jingles are a good idea too.
Yep, but again, that's not at all what i'm looking for.

don't just sit here and wait for them to reply. i know him and others have see your posts here but use the " PM " button on one of pekes messages and ask him in the pm.
Well I figure if Peke or anyone else who has an idea about this sees this they will just respond. I don't like badgering people through pm's all that much. I'll just be patient and if nothing comes from this I'll contact Peke later.
Peke

Post by Peke »

As an author of original Script here is some little change ;) For 2 and a half oldie :)

I'm not gonna tell you what it will do exactly but it will give you some automatization without cutting the playing Track. I hope you like it.

Save code below as "Play Playlists Next.vbs" and use it in same manner as other two scripts.

Code: Select all

'==========================================================================
'
' NAME: Mediamonkey Add Scheduled Playlist Next v1.0
'
' AUTHOR: Peke
' DATE  : 12.04.2008
'
' INSTALL: 1. Read info above line with 'Playlist ='
'          2. Just start Script in Scheduled time and MediaMonkey Will play
'             desired playlist.
'
' COMMENT: This is third party Windows Host Script that takes advantage of
'          MediaMonkey to play desired Playlist at desired time.
'
' NOTE: Mediamonkey needs to be started before script executes
'
'==========================================================================

If WSH.Arguments.Count > 0 Then
  Dim SDB, WSHShell, MMpath, Command, Result, Songs, i
  Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
  Result = WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey")
  If Not(Result) Then
    MMpath = WSHShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaMonkey_is1\InstallLocation")
    If MMpath <> "" Then
      Command = Chr(34)&MMpath&"mediamonkey.exe"&Chr(34)
      Result = WSHShell.Run(Command,1,0)
      While WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey") = False 
      Wend
    End If 
  End If
  WSHShell = Null
  Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
  SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect = False
  If (SDB.player.currentSongIndex + 1) < SDB.Player.CurrentPlaylist.Count Then
    Dim Del
    Del = SDB.Player.CurrentPlaylist.Count - 1
    For i = (SDB.player.currentSongIndex + 1) To del
      SDB.ProcessMessages
      SDB.Player.CurrentPlaylist.Delete(i)
    Next
  end If
  If SDB.player.currentSongIndex > 0 Then
    For i = 0 to SDB.player.currentSongIndex
      SDB.ProcessMessages
      SDB.Player.CurrentPlaylist.Delete(0)
    Next
  End If
  For i = 0 To (WSH.Arguments.Count-1)
    SDB.ProcessMessages
    sdb.player.playlistaddtracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle(WSH.Arguments.Item(i)).tracks)
  Next
  If not(SDB.Player.isPlaying) or SDB.Player.isPaused Then
    If not(SDB.Player.isPlaying) then
      Sdb.player.currentSongIndex = 0
    End If
    SDB.player.Play
  End If
End If
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

UOPS!! I forgot to say samething.

SOMEONE RANG FOR ME?!?!?!?!?!?

Enjoy!
Best regards,
Peke
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

TOTALLY AWESOME!

Thanx very much!

I have a few questions left though:

1) While this script is definitely useful for me, it adds the songs at the end of the now playing list. I was wondering if it's also possible to add them after the currently playing track but before the rest of the playlist.

2) I've noticed that all 3 scripts don't finish when MM is minimized unless you manually maximize MM. Anything that can be done about this?

3) Is it possible to reference playlists that are nested in deeper levels in MM's tree structure than just in "playlists"? If so how do I do this?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh wow now i got to change all 450 playlist scripts? lots of work ahead for me :D should be fun though.

hey peke it does not say playlist = in the code?
:-?

wow has it really been 2 and a half years? my my how time flys when you listen to music all day long?
8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Onweerwolf wrote:TOTALLY AWESOME!

Thanx very much!

I have a few questions left though:

1) While this script is definitely useful for me, it adds the songs at the end of the now playing list. I was wondering if it's also possible to add them after the currently playing track but before the rest of the playlist.

2) I've noticed that all 3 scripts don't finish when MM is minimized unless you manually maximize MM. Anything that can be done about this?

3) Is it possible to reference playlists that are nested in deeper levels in MM's tree structure than just in "playlists"? If so how do I do this?
2) is just set the timer that starts media monkey first, in the task to end task at a certian time.
then it stops media monkey or should. you might need to find that script someplace on the forum i believe? that will end all current running fuctions of media monkey, and set that up to run at the time you want to end the playing of music, such as end of day sign off.

3) is yes i got playlists in my set up that go up to 5 deep and it has no trouble finding them.

8)
Peke

Post by Peke »

@rovingcowboy
Sorry, I forgot to delete old Description :oops:

@Onweerwolf
1. It should be possible but it requests lots of resources I'll see to add it in our To-Do for future versions of MediaMonkey.

2 and 3 were explained by rovingcowboy
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Onweerwolf
I have added Inserting Tracks in middle of Playlist To our To-Do, but I need a favor from you and rovingcowboy. In case I forgot to update this scripts (it would take me few minutes) to give me a note that this feature is now available and that I can update them now?
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Peke wrote:@Onweerwolf
I have added Inserting Tracks in middle of Playlist To our To-Do, but I need a favor from you and rovingcowboy. In case I forgot to update this scripts (it would take me few minutes) to give me a note that this feature is now available and that I can update them now?
not sure what favor you want? i am still using the old version 1 i did not feel like redoing all 450 of the scripts i have now.

what kind of note? you mean a write up again. onweerwolf is using this version so he can add in what it does better then i can. cause i don't have it working. just got it in the scripts folder for future use. 8)
Peke

Post by Peke »

@rovingcowboy
OK :) I hope Onweerwolf will watch this topic and give me reminder after feature gets available. BTW Eventually I make you to change all 450 Playlists if i continue to update scripts ;)
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Peke wrote:@rovingcowboy
OK :) I hope Onweerwolf will watch this topic and give me reminder after feature gets available. BTW Eventually I make you to change all 450 Playlists if i continue to update scripts ;)
oh now the coin's been tossed. uh? :lol: well we'll have to dig deep in the ground on this tugawar rope. i am not going to give up nope i won't do it. nope no how no way un ah.. :x :roll:

not yet anyway? :lol: :lol: :wink: