How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Onweerwolf

Re:

Post by Onweerwolf »

Peke wrote:@Onweerwolf
I have added Inserting Tracks in middle of Playlist To our To-Do, but I need a favor from you and rovingcowboy. In case I forgot to update this scripts (it would take me few minutes) to give me a note that this feature is now available and that I can update them now?
Hi! So I haven't checked this topic for a while but I'm still interested. However I have no idea if inserting tracks in the middle of the playlist is already possible but I figured I'd give this a bump to find out. :wink:
Peke

Re: How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Post by Peke »

@Onweerwolf
As promised, Insert tracks is implemented in MM 4.0 see http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4578
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Peke wrote:@Onweerwolf
As promised, Insert tracks is implemented in MM 4.0 see http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4578
Thanks! I am only just now getting familiar with the way of the Mantis, so I didn't know.
Chips

Post by Chips »

It is not working in win7
Can you tell me how to make it work,

tnx
Chips

Post by Chips »

Chips wrote:It is not working in win7
Can you tell me how to make it work,

tnx
sorry for being a nooby
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Chips

Post by Chips »

Got it
Didn't exe as admin

it works

tnx
Chips

Post by Chips »

got error running script
row 32
char 3
no updates done

please help
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i've gotten errors also but not using the same script you do i am not sure what line you are at.

i've got his version 1 script.

but when i get the errors like this. it mainly is the fact i put a blank space after i typed the name of the playlist. in the script. or i did not in the script but i did when i named the playlist in monkey's tree. so check the spelling of the names
and make sure you got the right way of typing them in the list. 8)

if that is not the item that is on that line you posted sorry, :( you will need to ask peke for more help then. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Chips

Post by Chips »

hmm, not the same prob, but
it started when i installed batch art finder (BAF)
it gave errors too
i updated MM and now all is working fine, except BAF
that is until now
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

possible some thing messed up in the scripts ini file when you installed the baf script.

check that file and see if the code is added in it properly for all the scripts. i did at one time have a scripts ini file error.
and they will mess with the scripts when you use them.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
silverace99

Post by silverace99 »

Hi, I just ran across this thread, hopefully it still lives...

I have been trying to run this script on windows 7. It executes and turns on MM, but does not actually start playing the playlist.

Also, I can execute the script in dos prompt but it doesn't do anything when I try to run it in task scheduler.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

some posts back in this thread i think or in another completely different thread i said what to do for running the script.

but in short again so you can find it eaiser the following is what i found out about your issue.

now on winxp pro it will also refuse to play the playlist
this is because the script to start monkey and the playlist need to be done at different times.

when you start the playlist with the script in task scheduler you must already have mediamonkey started
because of the time it takes to start monkey if the time to play the list is the same you have the script set
to start at, monkey can't see the timer to start the playing list. so he sits there.

its like when you wake up you can't hardly see the light switch. monkey can't see the command to play.

so start mediamonkey.exe by a task job in windows scheduler at about 5 minutes before you want the playlist to start.
then you start the script of pekes to start the playlist after monkey has been woke up and is sitting there.

now if that will work on win7 i don't know but it should as it makes logical sense.
so that should fix your monkey starting but not playing issue.
also you should stop medimonkey with the task scheduler if possible after you change to a playlist of blank songs, which are just silent files recorded with about 10 seconds of time so that monkey unloads the songs and keeps them in the hd. while he plays the silent files you can close him with that end monkey script posted in this thread. that way only the silent song files are taking a chance of being messed up.

8)
Peke

Post by Peke »

It works on Win 7 x64 here Try Exe versions just in case.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Chips

"Play playlist from start" script not working

Post by Chips »

MM 4.06
Windows 7 64x
script is not working anymore.
has till yesterday, no new progs installed, just windows updates