How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no i have not posted here in a long time.

just how did you know i would read this thread? 8)

oh goody goody goody i like surprise's some times that is.

there are times when some people tap me on the back and i did
not expect them to do that. then they get a surprise as in almost a right or left hand cross to the jawbone.

i don't jump or run or get scared my first instinct is to punch.

most that know me know that, its those that don't whom learn the fast way of ducking in just one easy lesson. :D :P

but i'm ready for your surprise what is it will this work in mm 3 did you make a new script what is going on i still have hundreds of your version one script and the win98 is still going good.

there's something to say for not having it online but used as a closed system instead. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Just wanted to say that as you are most devoted user of that script you can check if it works in MM3 by yourself. Download it and see ;)

BTW Lucky guess :)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Only real problem (and it's not exactly a problem per-say) with the script is the fact that it runs MediaMonkey by proxy basically, thus you can't set the option in the Scheduler to have it kill the process if it runs for X Minutes/Hours. Bad in a time where you forget to disable the scheduled event while your away for a week or something, and return to some songs with a couple thousand spike in plays, Lol.

Anyone got an idea on a way around this?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i have set the task scheduler to kill the program when it runs for so many minutes that is how i close out the monkey before i restart.

there must be something wrong as in a missing file or out dated file for your task scheduler.?

i found it best though to have it switch to a playlist that is not playing any songs just a couple of blank files.
for killing the player these total about 3 minutes but one minute after the blank file playlist starts i have it set to kill media monkey. what you do is start media monkey.
with a timer.
then you start a playlist with peke's script.
then after you set that last blank file playlist to run with another script,
you then have the task schedule that was used to start monkey close monkey at that one minute after the blank list starts.
i'll show you in steps.
  • 1. timer starts media monkey exe.
    2. one minute or so later timer starts playlist by way of pekes script.
    3. you start as many different playlists you want all day or for as long as you want say until 5 pm.
    4. the last playlist is started and it is the blank files list.
    5. the first timer is set to kill media monkey at 5:01 pm

it should close monkey no trouble at all. if it does still have
    trouble then get the script below and and change the above #5 to run that kill script,. and set the first timer to never close.

then media monkey will be closed. by the last run kill script.
there is also a script some place i got that kills monkey i think it was by peke or diddeleedoo. it was made to do nothing but kill monkey when the script was run. its on the other computer now in the other room and i shut that jukebox off for some rest and restore work.
but that script is in the forum some place.

look in the thread for all scripts, and look at the link for the automatic weekly top playlist i posted in the all scripts thread some were in my thread i think i posted that kill script.?

if i did not then the author posted it some place? 8)
but you just run that script by task scheduler and it will kill the monkey for you.

also remember to set the retry times to something like 2 minutes because if you turn the retry times settings off. the next time you boot you will end up with a 50 to 70 times of song playlists starting, because they were ones that missed their start time and were not told to stop trying to start.

well i got that many you might not.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Nevermind me, I see now you run two tasks, one to start MM and a second to run the script. I only had the script task set up. :P
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Mizery_Made wrote:Nevermind me, I see now you run two tasks, one to start MM and a second to run the script. I only had the script task set up. :P
well really i run over 400 tasks that little win98 gets a workout from me :wink:
proweb

Post by proweb »

How do you get the program to shut down. I can get it to run just fine but with windows task schedular it won't shut the program down after 8 hours. Any help?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

there is another script i mentioned peke did it too i think?
it is a simple little script that ends all instance's of monkey.
you just run a task to run that script at the time you run the one to close monkey.

8)
  • okay i've been looking in the forum for the script to stop monkey's events. but i can't find it. whom was the author peke or diddeleedoo? which one of you posted that script or gave me that script.?

it is needed to stop monkey as the task scheduler is failing to do so now. (must have been some update from microsoft? but it wont' stop media monkey from running with out that script)
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

This script is definitely awesome. :D

Having said that, there would be one thing that makes it even more awesome: is it possible to modify this script so that when a playlists starts it does not clear the now playing, but instead adds the songs from the scheduled playlist to the now playing area as if you manually clicked on 'play next'?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Onweerwolf wrote:This script is definitely awesome. :D

Having said that, there would be one thing that makes it even more awesome: is it possible to modify this script so that when a playlists starts it does not clear the now playing, but instead adds the songs from the scheduled playlist to the now playing area as if you manually clicked on 'play next'?
no i don't think this is able to be modified like that? but there is a old script for nonstop music in the all scripts post, it just keeps adding songs to the playlist when all the songs in the playlist have been played so you never run out of music.

this one starts the playlists of your choice and changes them at the spe..fied time, you could use that non stop script and start monkey with this one, just make it start a playlist with 3 songs on, everytime monkey starts, and run that othe script to keep adding songs. 8)

OR better yet just use this to start monkey and the short playlist then use the auto Dj feature to keep adding songs to the list, no need for that old script since mm 3 has auto dj.

8)
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

rovingcowboy wrote:
Onweerwolf wrote:This script is definitely awesome. :D

no i don't think this is able to be modified like that? but there is a old script for nonstop music in the all scripts post, it just keeps adding songs to the playlist when all the songs in the playlist have been played so you never run out of music.

this one starts the playlists of your choice and changes them at the spe..fied time, you could use that non stop script and start monkey with this one, just make it start a playlist with 3 songs on, everytime monkey starts, and run that othe script to keep adding songs. 8)

OR better yet just use this to start monkey and the short playlist then use the auto Dj feature to keep adding songs to the list, no need for that old script since mm 3 has auto dj.

8)
Well, the thing is I want to simulate a radiostation which plays different formats throughout the day.

So it starts with 2 hours of playlist 1, then 1 hour of playlist 2, then 3 hours of playlist 3, etc.

This can be done with this script but if the last song of playlist 1 is playing at the moment when playlist 2 is scheduled to start it will cut off that currently playing song and start with the first song from playlist 2 (at least that's what I assume) and i want things to run smoothly from one playlist to another with songs being fully played.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

same thing i am doing. personel radio station.
only there is no way to keep the song from being cut off unless you make the playlist so long and thats it just enough songs to fill the time and make a few blank ones of different lenghts to fill in any extra seconds.
you know start recording a file with the wav studio recorder stop it after about 3 to 30 seconds, save it as a wav with muted sound, and the use those for making the 59:36 long song list fill up to 60,minutes. you wont need to stop the one just start list 2 monkey will switch all by himself. :)

i just don't worry about the song being cut off. i make blank fillers and put them in playlists and have them play between song playlists.

i just learned to ignore the song cutting off, it just happens when you load the playlist with 125 hours of country and make it timed for 3 hours of playing then switch to a big band playlist.

8)
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

I don't really understand why you have the silent files playing? What is the difference between listening to a silent recording or listening to nothing when playlist 1 has ended and playlist 2 has not started yet?
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Also, I'd think scipting this so songs won't be cut off shouldn't be that hard. After all there are other scripts that add a song to the now playing instead of clearing it and start playing immediately. Like the scrobblerDJ script for instance.

But I may be wrong about that.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

silent files are only a few seconds long and can be put in the playlist to fill up the time to make it an even limit. but only if you are going to make a list with just that many songs in it.

if you are going to make a list with more songs in then you want to play the list, then you will get the songs cut off no matter what. i use another program that is for a fake deejay.
so i use the silent ones for changing and letting it talk over the silent ones.

unless you sit there and change playlists by your self you can't stop the songs from being cut off. but you can use auto playlists. make them play so many minutes of songs and make them pick from the main genere you want for that time frame.
its only possible on the gold version of monkey to set the time limits on autoplaylists.

8)