How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Post by Peke »

Yet, we shall see ;) People say that I'm successful digger 8) It would be for your own good ;) :roll:

BTW the To-Do ID# is [4578] so that you can track it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Re: How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oh i see so now you just changed the fact that we had to edit the script by opening the script.

to

now just adding the playlists names in to the path line for opening the script in the task scheduler's add a task panel.

but we need to do it proper to work okay that is really easy to under stand when you look at the examples.

nice update to the script. but i still ain't going to change from all 400 plus scripts i got now. I'm a hard sale so i am. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I also added EXE versions of scripts for easier add.
Best regards,
Peke
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oooohh one step towards the center line of the tug a war rope, i got to dig in harder. its starting to pull me. :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@rovingcowboy
You started it first with wanting that script ;) Do not blame me for your digging of war axe as i'll bring .EXE to the field ;) :P :lol: 8) :roll: :wink:

Does anyone have additional ideas?
Best regards,
Peke
mariuskl

Post by mariuskl »

Looks good man, if i have time i'll install it. I'll came back with a review.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Sure take your time. I'm not going anywhere.
Best regards,
Peke
Antono

Post by Antono »

An excellent script adding much needed functionality to MM, thank you so much!

My only comment is that I'd like it to be able to work even while MM is running. That way, we'd be able to use the sleep timer in combination with this script and have a true MM alarm clock.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Antono wrote:An excellent script adding much needed functionality to MM, thank you so much!

My only comment is that I'd like it to be able to work even while MM is running. That way, we'd be able to use the sleep timer in combination with this script and have a true MM alarm clock.
you don't need an alarm clock in media monkey when using this script shoot you don't need it in any program using the task scheduler is enough.

just start the monkey with a task scheduler job. then start any one of the playlists you want with your script that you also start with the task scheduler. just start them at the time you want to get up. i already do that but i run it all day like a radio station. changing playlists at different hours with different scripts. this script peke made is perfect for starting and running monkey but i have another script to run at the close time that makes sure monkey is closed. why ? cause i had trouble with task scheduler on win98 not closing monkey. so i start monkey with task job start playlists, then close monkey and end task for running monkey at the same time or a minute apart. but i think it works on xp with out needing the extra script.

i've been doing this for ? about 4 or 5 years now. that fm transmitter just keeps on going nothing going wrong with it so far.
8)
Antono

Post by Antono »

rovingcowboy wrote:
Antono wrote:An excellent script adding much needed functionality to MM, thank you so much!

you don't need an alarm clock in media monkey when using this script shoot you don't need it in any program using the task scheduler is enough.

just start the monkey with a task scheduler job. then start any one of the playlists you want with your script that you also start with the task scheduler. just start them at the time you want to get up. i already do that but i run it all day like a radio station. changing playlists at different hours with different scripts. this script peke made is perfect for starting and running monkey but i have another script to run at the close time that makes sure monkey is closed. why ? cause i had trouble with task scheduler on win98 not closing monkey. so i start monkey with task job start playlists, then close monkey and end task for running monkey at the same time or a minute apart. but i think it works on xp with out needing the extra script.

i've been doing this for ? about 4 or 5 years now. that fm transmitter just keeps on going nothing going wrong with it so far.
8)
I understand all that, that's how I'm using MediaMonkey as well.

My problem is that if use MediaMonkey's "sleep" function, then this script won't work and won't wake me up. As far as I can tell, MM needs to not be running for this script to start playback.
Antono

Post by Antono »

Ehm...

Now that I tested it again I find the script is able to start playback even while MM is running. All is good then!! :D

:oops: :oops:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay every one using this with mm3.2 it works but one thing i have been doing since i got it way back when.
still needs done.

1 start monkey first. then start the timer for the playlist script.
reason is because monkey stops when trying to switch playlists well does not stop. runs the same list over and over because monkey toss's an error in the scripts as it can't make the playist.

2 reason it toss's the error is because having the one list end on the same time the other one starts leaves a hole in the time which monkey closes and then starts the new list. but he can't do that fast enough so the error is tossed and the same list continues to play.

3 so in starting monkey first he then has a code that tells him to run from time a to time b. this makes the starting and stopping of the playlists not able to close monkey just the playlists.

its been that way from the start but i had hoped that mm3.2 would have allowed it to work with out the prestart of monkey.
but nope it does not.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay this will show you i'm not a scripter or programmer since this is a very simple script and i had no idea it was nothing in the way of new privite codes. which is why in the other thread i had been wondering why i was not to post it.?

but peke said its not anything new. so i could post it if i wanted too.

so here is the post for it. copy the script and follow instructions on how to save and use it.
this will save all you that get monkey being hung on exit a lot of trouble.

reason i put it here in this thread is because it is why i got this wrote for me to use with this script from peke.
it is so simple of a script that peke can't even remember if he wrote it or not, he being the programmer he is and has done many other things in the last 3 to 5 years.

okay the script code for Close Mediamonkey Processes by use of this script.

Code: Select all

Dim SDB 
Set SDB = CreateObject( "SongsDB.SDBApplication") 
SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect = True

' put the above code in a vbs file called ShutdownMM.vbs file
'set it to run at a certian time in the task scheduler.
'it will stop all media monkey fuctions at once when ran.  so give it a minute to finish mm fuctions.
'it can be run by a shortcut also.

8)
Peke

Post by Peke »

One small note regarding code:
WARNING!!! This Code Forces shutdown of MediaMonkey even there are background processes started and they will be terminated immediately apron execution of this script.
Best regards,
Peke