How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Post by Peke »

If you want to play any of your MM playlist in Scheduled time you need to do this:

1. Make sure that you have Windows Scripting Host 5.6+ installed (Available for both Win9x and WinXP/NT/2000)

2. Download and extract somewhere on your hard disk http://solair.eunet.rs/~zorical/win_sch ... cripts.zip (There is two versions of same script in archive, one normal that starts from first track and one that starts randomized)

3. Installed and started MediaMonkey

4. Some Playlists in MediaMonkey Playlist Tree node

If you have all of above you can continue with using/instalation steps.

Using/instalation steps:
1. Locate Playlist you wanna play in designated time and Copy its name to clipboard

2. Open Windows Scheduled Tasks

3. Start new Scheduled Task

4. Locate one script either Normal or randomized one as program that will be executed on designated time.

5. Add "CScript.exe" before script name separated with space from full script Filename*

6. Add Playlist name copied in step one at the end of line (note: Playlist name must be in Parenthals and separated with space from full script filename)*

7. Set other sheduled task values

8. Save Scheduled task

9. if you were done above steps right everything should work

10. repeat steps as many times as you want to set as many as you want Scheduled tasks

Note: Step 6 can be repeted if you want to play multiple playlists at once.

explanation:
--------------
* - As some novice users may do not understand what exactly needs to be done they better look at example below and try to repeat steps based on look of examples.

Examples (each line contains one example, assuming that archive is extracted in "c:\MMTasks").
------ Examples ------
cscript "c:\MMTasks\Play Playlists From Start.vbs" "Top 100"
cscript "c:\MMTasks\Play Playlists From Start.vbs" "Ballads" "Top Ballads"
cscript "c:\MMTasks\Play Playlists From Start.vbs" "Monitored" "Never Played" "Newly Added"
cscript "c:\MMTasks\Play Playlists Randomized.vbs" "Top 100"
cscript "c:\MMTasks\Play Playlists Randomized.vbs" "Ballads" "Top Ballads"
cscript "c:\MMTasks\Play Playlists Randomized.vbs" "Monitored" "Never Played" "Newly Added"
------ Examples ------

If you wanna check your syntax you can always use Windows RUN command and if script is executed than you can use it in Windows scheduler.

Programmers Note:
-----------------
Both of those scripts are scanned and do not contain any virus or any other malware or spyware or addware. Prior to releasing.

Legal issues:
-------------
Copyright (C) 2005 by Pavle Lacarac (Aka Peke)

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or
implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable
for any damages arising from the use of this software.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any
purpose if used along with MediaMonkey, and redistribute it freely,
according to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented,
you must not claim that you wrote the original software.
If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment
in the product documentation would be appreciated but is
not required.

Legal Info:
MediaMonkey(R) is registred name and trademark of Ventis Media Inc. (c) 2000-2005 All rights reserved.

(24.11.2008) EDITED: EXE Version Of Scripts can be found on This link I hope it would be make things little bit easier.
Last edited by Peke on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Excellent script.. thanks for making it :)

Question: it seems to hang if media monkey is already running.. is there anyway to prevent this other than closing media monkey before I go to bed?
Peke

Post by Peke »

You say that it locks MM in Case it is all ready running?
Elaborate a little?

Step By step.
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

So, I setup the script so it works fine. loads mm and starts the playlist like I want it to.

But, if I have media monkey running.. playing or not, does the same thing either way.. and I go to scheduled tasks and right click, run the wake up task , the cscript command line comes up, sits there a moment, mm temporarily becomes unresponsive, and then cscript closes, and mm returns to whatever it was doing.. but doesn't play the wake up playlist.

hope thats what you were looking for :)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Yap, thats it.
I'll see what is the problem.
Best regards,
Peke

Post by Guest »

as a follow up.. it works just fine when windows runs it on the timer.. it just doesn't work when I tell it to run for some reason..
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Why is this topic Sticky? Isn't this just another often-asked question?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think because Peke thought the information in the first post was important. I'll leave it to him if he thinks this should be un-stickied!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Steegy wrote:Why is this topic Sticky? Isn't this just another often-asked question?

i can answer this for you steegy. :wink:

simple, peke made version 1 of the script. because i was wanting to do this but did not know how. i started with his script then i posted a message on how i used it.

he did this new version of the script and wanted to post how to do it in his own message because the two scripts are different but do the same thing.
:)
and in order not to get confused with my message he made this one sticky.

my message is either stuck on page 50 by now

or has been moved to the archive area recycle bin, by now. :o
which is fine with me it was just how to use the version he no longer has.

weather or not this should remain a sticky thread does not bother me its kind of nice to see it here since his is the best script to do this. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Ok. Well, everything fine by me.
The only reason I asked this question is because there seem to be a lot of stickies in the front of this forum section.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest »

404 error...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep reading peke mose recent posts it seems his web site host is down so he's files are going to be needing some new host before they can be downloaded. email peke and see if he will send them to you. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Hrm so it's been working fine for ages... but suddenly today I've been getting

Code: Select all

ActiveX component can't create object: 'SongsDB.SDBApplication'
I'm lost....
Peke

Post by Peke »

Any new firewall AV software installed or updated (or TrueVector Virus, which I doubt you got) as they tend to block ActiveX calls by default unless you enable access application by application?
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

I updated Link. And few more...

@RovingCowboy
Have surprise for you.
Best regards,
Peke