Lyrics Fetcher

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Darryl_Gittins

Re: Lyrics Fetcher

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Nice script but it causes this error each time a new song plays:
error executing script event. object required:doc
I had to remove the script.
:cry:
Toyzrme

Post by Toyzrme »

ACDias wrote:About the line breaks issue. I think its because the LV renders the lyrics as an HTML and it does not replace the \r\n or \n to <br/> to show. I've changed the script to make it work but I'm not the author of the plugin so I can't fix it for you. If you want to try, open {MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\LyricsViewer.vbs in a text editor and search for LyrTxt=HtmlMarkup(Sng.Lyrics) and replace it for LyrTxt=Sng.Lyrics. Now search for Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>" and replace it for Doc.Add " <p><pre>" & LyrTxt & "</pre></p>". I'll talk to the author and see if he can update it...
Just installed LyricsFetcher & LV, and did your patch - works great! Thanks for the awesome plugin!

BUT: (prob a noobie understanding of how scripts work) I had to change an option in the LV settings to make it work. At first it didn't show any linebreaks (even after a restart of MM). I went into Tools>Options>LV, and checked all Field Options, and then it worked. Then I reset the Field Options back to what they were before (defaults), and it *still* works correctly. Not sure why....but thought this might help some others.

FYI this patch worked for me on MM 4.0.3 on both WinXP and Win7x64 (LF needs admin rights on Win7 - just added that in the properties for my MM shortcut so I never forget)

I then used SongPreviewer to do my whole library.
On Win7, this would eventually kill MM (1 hour?), even with a 15 second preview (3 second preview would die quickly, < 5 min). Turning off 'Show Balloons' delayed this a little, but it would still die. LyricsFetcher would still be running, so I think it's a MM issue, although I would have to kill LF before restarting MM, or LF would not work. On XP, it never failed, even after 8+ hours. Not a big deal, as it's easy to restart, but thought you might want to know.

Thanks again!
Toyzrme

Post by Toyzrme »

FYI, an option to remove bracketed text would be cool - I found that on a fair number of tracks, the MusicBrainz tag included things like (2007 remastered edition) or [xyz mix], and did not get a hit. But if I just removed the [...] / (...) / {}, I got much better results.

Or maybe it's a fallback method: if no exact match is found, then resort to the above.
doodad

Post by doodad »

ACDias wrote:About the line breaks issue. I think its because the LV renders the lyrics as an HTML and it does not replace the \r\n or \n to <br/> to show. I've changed the script to make it work but I'm not the author of the plugin so I can't fix it for you. If you want to try, open {MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\LyricsViewer.vbs in a text editor and search for LyrTxt=HtmlMarkup(Sng.Lyrics) and replace it for LyrTxt=Sng.Lyrics. Now search for Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>" and replace it for Doc.Add " <p><pre>" & LyrTxt & "</pre></p>". I'll talk to the author and see if he can update it...
Thanks for that.
I just wanna ask something...
I was trying to add a new site to the source list, but it always return me 404. I noticed though that when the song's title is only one word long, it will not immediately return 404, instead, it will say "Getting lyrics" and then "Lyrics not found". I think it's because I messed up the Xpath part, but that's not important, I'm still beginning to understand it... The thing is, when the song's title is more than one word long, it will immediately return me a 404 error, and I think it's because the tracks names in the URL have "_" instead of "%20"/Space/anythingofthesorts. Does Lyrics Fetcher replace underlines with spaces? If yes, then it does automatically? If no, then how? and if it does not replace, then I guess this is really the problem... Is there anything I can do to solve this?
kyinaire

Post by kyinaire »

naaaab wrote: Hi ACDias, I also have this problem of the line breaks issues.
I'm on MM 4 and I don't have any LyricsViewer.vbs in the Scripts\Auto directory... is it normal?
For MM 4, LyricsViewer.vbs should be in C:\Users\[username]\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts\Auto.
italianfoot

Post by italianfoot »

Can you add http://www.azlyrics.com please?
MrUpsideDown

Post by MrUpsideDown »

This is a great plug-in, but it seems that by default the only available source is Terra, which does not have lyrics for a lot of my songs.
If anybody has got this working with other search engines, can you please post the URL/XPath?

his would save time for everyone facing a similar problem.

Thanks!
01Bandit

Post by 01Bandit »

I've tried to install the script several times. Every time I open MM4 I get an ERROR and its say \s Lyrics Fetcher has stopped working. Here are the problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: lyricsfetcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4f0a50c3
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ee9af8e
Problem Signature 07: 3fda
Problem Signature 08: 13c
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Can anyone help in fixing this? Thanks
01Bandit

Post by 01Bandit »

After re-installing .net and lyrics fetcher one more time.... I attempted to run MM4 as Administrator and it worked...
royitoroy

Post by royitoroy »

When a song starts do play it check if there's an embed lyrics. If there's not, they fetch the lyrics and embed it. You can choose and save your preferred search engine in it. You just have to know a little bit of XPath 1.0. Currently it goes with the Brazilian search service called Terra Letras. Feel free to remove it if you don't like it and put you preferred one.
If you want I can put more search engines. Just give me the XPath and the URL. You have to put the URL of the search engine replacing in the artist and the song name by {artist} and {song} (in the URL like this: http://letras.terra.com.br/winamp.php?a ... sica={song}). It will use the ID3v2 tag to get the names.
The program runs in the notification bar of Windows. When you right click in it you can mark the song as instrumental (it will save the word "Instrumental" in the lyrics). You can choose if it will show balloons when the program is downloading a lyric.
i dont know nothing about Xpath 1.0. just have the url... http://www.musica.com http://www.azlyrics.com wish anybody could help me
jorgebuster

Post by jorgebuster »

The script works fine, however it asked to for admin privileges to work. Anyways it works fine but is there anyway that we can use more than one search engine only (kind of lyricator which uses like 4 at the same time)
I dont know much about programming but just a thought

Post by guest »

Is there a way to edit Lyrics Fetcher so that it'll work with MM3? I had rather bad experiences with MM4 and rolled it back, but of course I've now lost Lyric Fetcher functionality.

Post by Guest »

Hi

I really like this add-on it's so cool! :-)

I'm using Windows 7 with MM 4.0.6.1501 with LyricsFetcher 1.1.1

If I run MM in normal, non-administrator mode, there is a pop-up which says "Lyrics Fetcher has stopped working" and the "View Program details" button shows:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: lyricsfetcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4f0a50c3
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1da6f
Problem Signature 07: 105d
Problem Signature 08: 1c
Problem Signature 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e

The solution is to always right-click the "MediaMonkey" short-cut (in the start menu) and choose "Run as Administrator" ... then everything works perfectly.

I also would love a method to automatically add the lyrics to my 14,000 MP3 files because I only use MM for editing MP3 tags - I don't normally play my music with MM.

Thanks very much for writing this plug-in!!

Cheers, Phil
Meetloaf13

Post by Meetloaf13 »

+1 for the ability to search for lyrics for my entire library and write them to the tags.
MM4 GOLD user =]
thiagorobis

Post by thiagorobis »

Hello,
Estaba utilziando the plugin, but after a tmepo (about putting letters in 2500 songs, over a few days) it does not lower any letter.
Always say "not found". Did the Terra Server blocked my requests?
How can I do in that case?
grateful