MM_Codec_Pack will not install

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bigkid

MM_Codec_Pack will not install

Post by bigkid »

Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem installing the MM_Codec_Pack. I recently pgraded from MM 3.2.4.1304 to MM 4.0 and now 4.1. I had the MM AAC Plug-in 1.0.4 installed when I upgraded from MediaMonkey 3. I uninstalled the AAC plug-in prior to running the install of MM_Codec_Pack_2.0.0.14.exe, but from the Windows 7 Programs & Features window in Control Panel, not from MM Tools > Extensions.

When running the Codec Pack .mmip file I get an error: MM_Codec_Pack will not install. I contacted MM Support and got an email suggesting I uninstall the AAC codec from Tools > Extensions prior to installing the MediaMonkey Codec Pack. I have since done that.

However, on looking in Tools Extension, I saw that, contrary to the error report MM shows the codec as installed. However, it does not appear in the Installed Programs in Windows 7 and nor I do not have the option to encode AAC, M4V etc when I attempt to convert a file.

I uninstalled the codec from Tools > Extensions and attempted to reinstall. I get the same error, the codec shows up in Tools > Extensions but I still do not have the options to encode AAC or M4V.

For some reason, MM Support is also not responding to my emails. I got the initial response, reported that their suggestion didn't work but the only contact from MM since has been two emails indicating that the ticket will be closed. Not particulalry helpful.

Appreciate any help. It irritates my irrational sense of order that a piece of software I purchase will not install and operate to spec, when the early AAC codec worked fine.

Regards,

Allan
WASAPI ASIO KERNAL STREAMING BASIC TUTORIAL: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 82#p450582
nohitter151

Re: MM_Codec_Pack will not install

Post by nohitter151 »

Reply to them via the actual support site. For some reason when you send your reply via email, it often doesn't reach them.

When they don't get a reply after a certain number of days, the ticket closes automatically.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bigkid

Re: MM_Codec_Pack will not install

Post by bigkid »

Thanks nohitter151. I'll give that a try.

Regards,

Allan
WASAPI ASIO KERNAL STREAMING BASIC TUTORIAL: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 82#p450582