Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: Update Location of Files in Database 1.3 (2012-06-12) [M

Postby wallymountz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:53 am

Hello ZvezdanD:

Okay, you are correct that I misunderstood you.

I took a screen shot as you requested, but I don't see any way to attach a file. I tried to paste it into this text box, but it will not allow me to do that.

Back to your suggestion for the Old Path. The Old Path only has a drop down box from an arrow and none of those choices matches what you are telling to put there. It is not possible to paste a new path there either, so I don't know what to do.

Here is one full path from the library that will not play: C:\Users\Wally\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey\Owner\Music\Playlists\F04\10cc.m4a

I tried to follow this path in Explorer but the path stops here: C:\Users\Wally\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey

This is where the database is stored. I see now that the DB has increased in size from about 9.1 mb to 12.7 mb.

I then did a search of My PC from Explorer for one word from a song title in my library: rubber. The search says nothing is found. Shouldn't that be contained in the database?
wallymountz

Postby ZvezdanD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:54 am

wallymountz wrote:I took a screen shot as you requested, but I don't see any way to attach a file.

You could use some Web site for sharing image files like Flickr. Just remember to use the original size of the image without any size reduction when taking its link.

wallymountz wrote:The Old Path only has a drop down box from an arrow and none of those choices matches what you are telling to put there.

The Old path combo box shows all folders from the library that contain references to media files in them or in some of their sub-folders. I told you that you should have specified "C:\Users\Wally\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Users\Wally\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Wally\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Users\Wally\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\" in it, but that should have been done before you updated your library. I really don't know what you did with it in the meantime.

wallymountz wrote:I then did a search of My PC from Explorer for one word from a song title in my library: rubber. The search says nothing is found.

Do you have media files on your drive at all? Where do you have the "10cc.m4a" file stored?

By the way, the media files are not physically contained in the database/library. The database/library contains only references to the media files and those references could mismatch the actual media files if you moved them outside of the program or if you upgrade you drive or change its serial number.

Also, you should not search your PC for words from a Title, but from Filename.
Magic Nodes 4.3.2/5.1 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.8/5.1  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1/5.3.6  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.7/4.0  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.3/2.2.2  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.2  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.1.2
ZvezdanD

Postby wallymountz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:12 pm

I have created a Dropbox with all the information you asked for. I just need your email address to share this with you.

Thank you.

Wally
wallymountz

Previous

Return to Need Help with Addons?