MonkeyMote (iOS music remote control)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Melloware

Re: MonkeyMote (iOS music remote control)

Post by Melloware »

If you guys are still having trouble you could try our Monkeytunes app which uses the native iOS Apple Remote to communicate with MediaMonkey...

http://melloware.com/monkeytunes/

Check it out...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
jcee52

Post by jcee52 »

This may not be the correct forum but is there an app that will allow MediaMonkey to connect to Apple TV to enable playback through remote speakers/HiFi system etc?
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

jcee52 wrote:This may not be the correct forum but is there an app that will allow MediaMonkey to connect to Apple TV to enable playback through remote speakers/HiFi system etc?

I believe what you what is the "Remote Speakers" Plugin or a product like Airfoil.

https://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

Apple TV can receive DAAP stream and output it. So you could send the MediaMonkey playing sound from your PC to your TV.
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
Mirkodog

Re: Monkey Mote is awesome

Post by Mirkodog »

Indeed it is AWESOME!!!! I love using this APP!! It's the best thing since the fricken wheel.
I am curious however to know if the developer can chime in to explain how the streaming is handled.
I have my music server/listening room in separate room from main house I do not want to run wires. I was wondering if it would be possible in the future to stream directly to my iPod/iPad in original lossless format (96/24 or 192/24) and use the iPod as a direct digital transport to a receiver in another room of which the reciever will decode?
Which leads to my next question in asking how the signal is converted when listening to "lossless" flac files streamed to my monkeymote iphone app. Where is the signal down sampled? At the PC or on the phone app? Just curious. It seems that everything is stepped down to 44.1/16 no mater what rate the original flac/wave/MP3 file is in?

Thanks for making such an awesome app! Seriously the best I have on my iOS device.
mmote

Re: Monkey Mote is awesome

Post by mmote »

Mirkodog wrote:I am curious however to know if the developer can chime in to explain how the streaming is handled.
Music is downsampled to rates the devices can actually play, which happens on the PC for obvious reasons.

To avoid confusion for others reading this: The app currently does not support streaming from MediaMonkey.
rocks911_911

Remote control with iphone

Post by rocks911_911 »

I have MM 4.1.15.1830 (a lifetime gold member) installed on my Winows 10 PC and need to control it with my iPhone 5s. I am a Gold member and have used MediaMonkey a lot in the past but havent for some time now so I'm a little lost in how to best control it from my Patio. For whatever reason MonkeyMote isnt working for me.

My Windows 10 PC is a fair distance away from my patio where I listen, so is there a good iPhone app that will let me control MM?
rocks911_911

Re: Remote control with iphone

Post by rocks911_911 »

Well, duh. I forgot the MonkeyMote client on my PC

So its working now, except it only plays one song. I can navigate through my library on my iPhone and I can select artist/album/song but it only plays one song and stops. I cant find any configuartion adjustment on my iPhone or the PC so I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Running a wWindows 10 64 bit PC with an iPhone with the latest updates, latest MonkeyMote
mmote

Post by mmote »

Please go into the app settings and try changing the 'default track action' option.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply.
I changed the default track action in Monkeymote to play album and I enabled continuous play in Mediamonkey but it still only plays one song. It now plays it over and over and over, I guess because I have the continuous play enabled on Mediamonkey, but Monekeymote doesnt continue to play all the album.

With continuous play turned off on Mediamonkey the song I select with Monkeymote plays and then stops. With continuous play enabled on Mediamonkey the same song plays over and over. I havent found a way to get it to the next song even though I have Monkeymote set to play the whole album.

What do I need to do?
pedro67g

Iphone X and MonkeyMote

Post by pedro67g »

I've upgraded to the iPhone X and worked through any connection issues I had, but now the phone app does not see the library. No artists or albums or anything. I can pause, control volume, and advance the song to whatever is next on the playlist but everything in the playlist is blank. Is this an iPhone issue or a database issue? Thanks.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post