MonkeyMote (iOS music remote control)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mmote

MonkeyMote (iOS music remote control)

Post by mmote »

Hi,

I'd like to let you all know that I just finished adding support for MediaMonkey to my native iOS remote control app.
It requires a device running iOS 4.0 and MediaMonkey 4.0 or later.
An iPad-interface is planned to be added as time permits. Any feedback and feature suggestions are always welcome, either in this thread or via email.

More information and the required plug-in are available at www.monkeymote.com

-Martin
mmote

Re: MonkeyMote (iOS music remote control)

Post by mmote »

A dedicated iPad version is now available on the app store.

ImBunky

Post by ImBunky »

Can not get this to connect.

IPOD Touch iOS 4.33
MediaMonkey 4.0.6.1501
Windows 7

Disabled firewall completely to test, entered IP, still won't connect. What else to try?
mmote

Post by mmote »

Please make sure the IP and port are correct and the server is running ("Server enabled" must be checked in the configuration dialog).
Also, some routers have a built-in firewall that requires you to explicitly open the port in there as well.
ImBunky

Post by ImBunky »

The server is running.

There are two ports, one for MediaMonkey and one for the MonkeyMote add on. I set the port on the IPOD to match that of the MonkeyMote add on (93 something).

I will check the router tonight.
ImBunky

Post by ImBunky »

This thing just won't connect. I have no problems with MediaMonkey Remote on my android tablet.
mmote

Post by mmote »

Well, a network issue was most likely. Connection may also fail if your wifi connection is really bad.
What error message are you getting? Are you using any other apps to connect from your iPod to your PC or vice versa?
madisonV

Post by madisonV »

Just got the iPad version and I love it!!! Hope you guys can make more additions like this to media monkey!
windcrest77

Monkey Mote is awesome

Post by windcrest77 »

This is not a complaint or help question. But rather a compliment to the folks who developed Monkey Mote. I've dedicated a used iPad just to this app and mounted it on my living room wall in a picture frame. I can now control MM as though it were an "appliance", when I walk in the house, I can touch a playlist and have my music at hand easily. Also, and I dont know how this is possible, but it actually loads a displays the songs of a playlist faster than using MM itself on my desktop! Especially if the playlist has over 4000 songs in it, maybe the MM grid is just slow or my desktop is clunky. But Media Mote has added a dimension to my main stereo system at home that is very cool. I can maintain my library in my office and then use my music collection in a very ergonomic way in the living room in day to day living, without having to use the MM windows interface in the living room to enjoy music through my main stereo and DAC. I do hope the Monkey Mote project is not abandoned and that the developers will make sure it continues to live on when they get tired of maintaining it! Its the perfect solution for me since the DLNA client on my main receiver wont play files sampled over 600kbps and my whole music collection is "lossless" so its basically "useless" in a DLNA environment. Media mote allows me to forego DLNA, dedicate a machine to running MM with the output going to my high-end DAC to the receiver, then control playback with Monkey Mote which basically is a remote control for MM running on the windows machine. So I get the best of all worlds, full, safe read-only control (so the family does not accidentally delete my music) and full fidelity streaming of 5000kbps sampled LP's for example into my DAC. Thank god for Monkey Mote, for me, its a much better solution than DLNA because of the bit rate (and file format) limitations of most all DLNA clients. For example many of my files are encoded as APE lossless, a format popular in Russia and Europe but few DLNA clients or stereo receivers can decode it. Great sound and great control, and its cool to have it hanging on the wall since I play music so often. Kudos, this is my dream system.
mmote

Re: Monkey Mote is awesome

Post by mmote »

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, it is much appreciated :)
I'm actually working on a new app update right now, it'll still going to take one or two weeks until it will be available, though.

Re: Monkey Mote is awesome

Post by Guest »

mmote wrote:Thank you very much for the positive feedback, it is much appreciated :)
I'm actually working on a new app update right now, it'll still going to take one or two weeks until it will be available, though.
Thanks, this app is so good more mm users need to find out about it. I hung this on the wall, ran the ipad charger through a hole in the wall into the laundry room behind the living room. It's really become a no hassle way for me to utilize my music every day, a great addition to ones stereo receiver. Well worth re purposing a used I pad I bought as a wall appliance/kiosk.
jbird

MediaMonkey from ipad with MonkeyMote

Post by jbird »

I am trying to use the MonkeyMote plugin to run MM (running on my pc) from my ipad.

When I open MonkeyMote on Ipad, it does see my pc in auto discovery but spins trying to connect and doesn't load library. Message eventually displays: "Server did not respond, please review your networking settings."
There is absolutely NO documentation on the monkeymote site.

Can someone tell me what nettings setting need to be? (I'm not a network know all....just a regular home user...)

Itunes IS installed and it does see my library using Remote app (but of course has redefined my info adding genres I don't have).
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
jbird

Re: MediaMonkey from ipad with MonkeyMote

Post by jbird »

correction, I did find this http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2235 on the monkeymote site but I just install itunes/bonjour yesterday so uninstalling is not likely the solution.
I do see in my firewall that mediamonkey and itunes are in the Excepted list. so they should be 'open' or whatever the technical word is.
Trancer1970

Post by Trancer1970 »

Just got the. We ipad app and still I have endless problems getting it connected and keeping it connected, I've done the port thing, but I can't find it in my list of exceptions on the firewall ... Driving me mad
Francois

Post by Francois »

Hi, despite my best efforts I am unable to connect to Foobar2000 using MonkeyMote on iPhone 4. I can, however, connect to Winamp (on the same Windows machine) using MonkeyMote and the MonkeyMote Winamp plugin. So that means there cannot be anything wrong with my wifi/network settings. Also, I get a different error message on MonkeyMote if I disable the MonkeyMote server in Foobar2000. When the server is enabled and I try to connect I get a message (after about 5 seconds): "Server did not respond, please review your networking settings". If however, I disable the MonkeyMote server and then try to connect, I immediate get the message: "Connection rejected by server. Please make sure your audio player is running and another remote isn't already connected." So this tells me that there is indeed communication between the MonkeyMote app on my iPhone and the MonkeyMote plug-in on Foobar but for some reason the server is not playing along....?

I have tried the above config on another PC and network and get exactly the same results.

Hardware & software:

iPhone 4
Running IOS 7.1.2
with MonkeyMote Lite (latest - not sure what the version is)
Windows 7 64
Running Foobar2000 1.3.4
with MonkeyMote Component installer 2.6.5

I'd love to buy this app, but obviously I first need to get it working...

Thanks.