Clear Now Playing 3.1 - Updated 09/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No critisism taken. Thanks! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

Hi, its a nice sript so I wanted to try it, but that's my problem:

I installed the script, and tried to run it with an extra long playlist at default settings. But then, MM hang on startup with full CPU usage. So I killed the process and uninstalled the script with 'System Control' -> 'Software'. I wanted to restart MM, but it was gone! Well, reinstalled MM (latest Gold vesion) (and damn, vergot to save the .ini file). Set all settig new, went fine.

After installing the script again, it was the same thing. So I had another look at System Control' -> 'Software', but there were only the scripts, and not MM itselve. When clicking on remove script... Iwas asked if I was shure to remove MM and all of its components, didn't recognize that before. The other scripts behave normally. Any idea how that could happen?

Anyway, thanx for that great scripting work.

Greetz
pietzke
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm on my way out the door so can't comment on the crashing itself. This script is rather a blast-from-the-past, one of my first. Unfortunately the installer has not been corrected an it attaches itself to the MM installation, so when you uninstall it, it uninstalls MM. To uninstall the script you only need to delete "Scripts\Auto\ClearNowPlaying.vbs" and that's it. Hopefully we can sort out the crashing soon.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have now fixed all of the installers on my website (took over 2 hours to go through all my old scripts!) so if you download the new version now, the installer will work correctly.

I'm a little concerned about the 100% CPU as this script is supposed to prevent that! How large is your Now Playing list? I've tried this script with 6000+ tracks and it's worked fine for me.
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

Installation works properly seperated from MM main application now, but script doesn't work for me yet. even tried to manually put the .vbs file into the Auto folder. MM hangs up with 100 % CPU at the startup picture with more than 1000 files. Without the script MM can start with all my 15.000 files very quickly (although it takes a very long time to read the now playing then). Well, manually cleaning works for me too.

good night
pietzke
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure why this is. If you are willing I will create a debug version for you to run which will hopefully allow me to find the problem. PM/email me if you are interested.
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

Well, no need for me anymore, as I just realized, that TweakMonkey can do it aswell. Thanx anyway.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I have ClearNowPlaying 2.0 setup as below

limit = 100
clearall = 1
clearplayed = 0
clearextra = 0

However I am still getting 100 songs loaded on startup in the now playing node.

I would like to start up with now playing cleared.

Any suggestions? Should the "limit =" be edited also?

Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The "limit" is the number that are allowed to remain. If you wish to clear the entire list, set the limit to 0.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

An MM3 installation package is now available from my website for this script.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Hey the search function works..!!

I wanted to clear the Now Playing. Did a search and here I am.
Thanks for the script. Image
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Trixmoto:

Due to this bug I've had to implement using the Clear Now Playing script. However, it is very annoying to have to figure out what tracks were in the NP list when I closed MM. Would it be possible or easy to add a feature to this script that would put all the tracks back into the NP list after MM starts? Or maybe have it create a Now Playing playlist which I could use to reopen myself? Does it already store the tracks in a list somewhere??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script clears the tracks as it's starting up, so is completely the reverse of what you are after.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

trixmoto wrote:This script clears the tracks as it's starting up, so is completely the reverse of what you are after.
If that is the case, it is clearing it before MM has the option to change the track id to -1. I've tested it and I have not run into the problem with CNP active, but it happens again when my now playing list has a track highlighted when MM completes it opening sequences.

But either way, I have a "workaround", I am just sending all my tracks in the NP list to a static playlist before I close MM. This doesn't help me when MM crashes but I can just manually take the tracks from the Mediamonkey.m3u and reimport them into MM if I want to still listen to random tracks.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

I use XP pro and I have setup MM3 and .DB on an ext hard drive. The setup works well :)
However, I cannot get this Clear Now Playing 2.0 script to work.
It does reduce the NP list (from 100+) to the default 100.
However, I cannot get it to retain just 10 tracks, or even fully clear the NP list.