Previewer 2.9 - Updated 26/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

bidderb0y

Re: Previewer 2.7 [MM2+3]

Post by bidderb0y »

First off let me say what a great job your doing with the scripts, i really love the Previewer but i have noticed a small problem i had. If your Now Playing list is set to remember few previously played tracks than the play list contains, when you stop previewing and flip back to what you were listening to only the last x number of songs show. For example i was listening to the start of a play list containing 25 songs with my MediaMonkey set to remember 5 previously played songs. When i went to preview a song and came back to my play list only the last 5 tracks of my play list were in the now playing list. Whilst this isn't really a big issue as i have just increased the memory of my now playing list, i thought i would bring it to your attention.

thanks again for some brilliant scripts!

:)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

bidderb0y wrote:For example i was listening to the start of a play list containing 25 songs with my MediaMonkey set to remember 5 previously played songs. When i went to preview a song and came back to my play list only the last 5 tracks of my play list were in the now playing list.
This is not normal behaviour unless you use Auto-DJ. By default MM keeps all played tracks in NowPlaying list.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that because the whole point of the script is that it doesn't affect the Now Playing list.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Dibbz

Post by Dibbz »

Dont know if this has already been suggested bcz i didnt have time to read through the post but is there an option to add the track your previewing to the now playing list and continue playing the track?

Also i think this is a great script, i mean all of trixmotos scripts are really nice arent they :wink:

PS: I also think he is the best script writer out there :D just saying....
Dibbz
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you very much for your kind words. I've added your suggestion to my list for the next version. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Dibbz

Post by Dibbz »

thanks much :)
Dibbz
eye2i2hear

Post by eye2i2hear »

Awesome script! (It works nice for substituting for commercials in streaming broadcasts/urls)!

I wanted to ask if after the previewed track ended, should the original playing track in the playlist play if that is a stream/url (like it does with mp3s)? In other words, when I'm listening to a podcast/stream and I click a library track to preview, once that track finishes, the interrupted podcast in the playlist reappears in the player but it doesn't restart/play. At least it doesn't for me presently and it sure would be nice if it did. :wink:

Thanks------- :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've never tested with a stream, but I'll try to get these behaving as expected in the next version.
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I have several songs in my now playing list. I find a song in my library, double click on it, and all it does is add the song to the end of my now playing list. What is supposed to happen?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script is triggered from "Tools > Scripts > Previewer", or possibly from a button on the toolbar if I remember correctly, it doesn't change the double-click behaviour.
Granpoh

Post by Granpoh »

Originally, I had gone to'Tools > Scripts > Previewer' and nothing at all happened. However, when I did it again a couple of hours later, a box popped up, and it was then pretty easy to figure out. But before the box popped up, it made no sense to me what was supposed to be happening. Maybe it just needed to be restarted again or something. Anyway, it seems like a nice little script, but unless there's some kind of button for easy access, it's too tedious getting to it to make it worthwhile in my opinion.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you open "Scripts\Auto\Previewer-Auto.vbs" in a text editor you'll find a couple of lines at the top...

Code: Select all

Dim ShowToolbar : ShowToolbar = False
Dim ShowContext : ShowContext = False
Setting one or both of these to "True" will add a toolbar button and a context menu.
trixmoto

Re: Previewer 2.8 - Updated 03/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.8.) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added buttons to "play now" and "play next"
- Fixed trying to restore stream position - not possible

Unfortunately it does not seem to be possible to restore the position of streams if it has been interrupted for a preview, so now I don't attempt to so the seek bar is at least accurate.
pyt99

use previewer without gui

Post by pyt99 »

Hi,
i want use previewer without the gui and lunch it using a shortcut. I know i can assign a shortcut to previewer from mediamonkey options.
trixmoto

Re: Previewer 2.8 - Updated 03/05/2010

Post by trixmoto »

If there was no GUI, how would you control it, a different shortcut for each action?