Previewer 2.9 - Updated 26/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Restoring the time doesn't seem to be working in MM3 which I fixed by adding a timer, but you might need to extend this timer. There's a post about this a bit further up this thread.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

It is the same error Nynaevelan was getting. If it occurs again I will try the fix you posted to him/her.
Her :P

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.5) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed disturbed song not always resuming from previous position
- Fixed "division by zero" error
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

I've innstalled this script, but can't get it working.
I can't see any buttons or anything. Should I?
In MM3's ini file, I can't find anything about Previewer.
Maybe I've missed something here??? :o
Regards
SpritHansi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

A "Previewer" option should appear in the "Tools > Scripts" menu. If the ini file has not been updated then it's probably your computer's permission that blocked it, especially if you're using Vista. You can add these manually if you like, they are in the comment at the top of the script file.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Opps :oops:
Found it.
And of course, it works perfectly :)
Regards
SpritHansi
peter_h

Post by peter_h »

Is there any way of putting a "Preview" option on the context (right-click) menu of a track, instead of having to select the track and then click Tools>Scripts>Previewer? (2 clicks instead of 4!)

(Thanks for the script tricks, trix)
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running MM4 4.1.31.1919, on Win7 SP1, 16Gig memory, on Lenovo W530 (Intel i7) laptop
**If you're wondering why I'm still on MM4: It still has more useful-to-me plugins; and I prefer the GUI's responsiveness, panes spreadable over multi-monitors flexibility, and predictability (all coz it's more Windows-native). I also hate "flat design" for its visual inefficiency. For me, MM4's benefits are still > MM5, and MM5's downsides < MM4.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've added it to my to do list! :)
chaussettdeguerr

Post by chaussettdeguerr »

wonderful work from trixmoto.
i downloaded from your website the script 2.5 for mm3, added the lines for displaying a preview button, and moved the script to the auto folder.
It work fine.

Otherwise, i don't understand why the developpers didn't include that function in the program.

I remember musicmatch jukebox v7, there was a small button in front of each track in the library window and we could play instantly a song by clicking on it, and immediately another, without poping up a window. That window is disturbing, preventing us to acces the mm main window unless we close it. And if we close it, the preview ends.

I really think mm could be the best music library and player in the world.

Could you add such a trick in a script, or is it impossible?

Thank you for your great job Trixmoto.

Sorry for my poor english.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it's not possible to add an icon next to each track via scripting. You can play a track instantly by double clicking on it - I'm not sure what you want the script to do exactly.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.6) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to show toolbar button
- Added option to show context menus

These options can be found at the top of the "Scripts\Auto\Previewer-Auto.vbs" file.
Skywave

Close at end

Post by Skywave »

Hi (again) trix

I have a request...

Is it possible to close the Mini Player and resume the previously playing song once the preview song has reached it's end? I had a quick look at the code, but I can't find a place to do something like that.

Also, are you planning on allowing multiple tracks in future releases?

And for those of you who are still wondering why this script is useful, here is why I want it:
MM downloads a few PodCast subscriptions for me, but I don't listen to them everyday. I do however use my Now Playing as part of my sorting procedure, so I don't paricularly want to clear it, or save it as a playlist to listen to the podcasts. So I 'preview' the podcasts, and once I'm done, I can continue listening my songs :)

Thanx
Skywave
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The trouble with automatically resuming is you don't know whether to remove the previewed track from the now playing list or not. There aren't currently any plans to enhance this script, how would multiple tracks work exactly?
Skywave

Post by Skywave »

Hey trix

1. The user is 'previewing' a song. If he/she listens to the end, the preview ends. So remove it... Unless they click on Add to Now Playing

2. The multiple tracks was probably a silly idea, now that I think of it... :oops:

Skywave
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll look at doing (1) for the next version. :)