Genre script change "Genre 1" to "Genre 2"

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tHe-BiNk

Genre script change "Genre 1" to "Genre 2"

Post by tHe-BiNk » Thu May 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I have been using "Personal Tag Enchancer" for a couple of year now, to clean up my database. Which works perfect, as it can contain all my personal preferences. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=105

Now I am looking for a script that can change my genres. For example if the genre is equal (not contain) to "House" it should replace this tag with "House - Club, Dance." Or if the genre tag is equal to "Vocal Jazz" is should replace the tag with "Jazz, Vocal." Thus only an exact match initiates the change of the genre tag.

Now I have to manually replace "Techno" with "House - Techno," "Punk" with "Rock, Punk" etc. and this is very annoying. Is there a script that does this, or something similar? To which I can add my 200 or so personal genre changes? That I can use apply at the press of a button, just like "Personal Tag Enchancer"?

Thanks in advance!

tHe-BiNk

Re: Genre script change "Genre 1" to "Genre 2"

Post by tHe-BiNk » Sat May 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Sun May 20, 2012 7:17 am

I'm sure there must be a way ... maybe with this script?

RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

If not, the only way I can think is still a little cumbersome but better than having to do each one manually. Create an auto playlist with the criteria of the genre you want to change, go to the playlist and select all songs, then edit properties and change the genre to what you want it to be.
Stop Button Freak

tHe-BiNk

Post by tHe-BiNk » Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 pm

So far as I know you cannot run all the "rules" in RegExp at one go. You will have to run them 1 at a time, which is a pain in the butt.

But the playlist idea, is a very good idea. Thanks! Not perfect but definitively one step closer to a perfect solution.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Tue May 22, 2012 8:17 am

You're welcome. :)
Stop Button Freak

nudrat

Post by nudrat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:54 pm

I'm currently experiencing a problem: All song and album information is gathered correctly, except the album art image. All I see is a red X.
Maybe Napster changed their file structure?

I found out that this only happens with the big images. From some older albums Napster only has a small album art which are still available (but useless because they're even smaller than Amazon's).