Import M3U 3.8 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

wtmacs

Re: Import M3U 3.1 [MM2+3]

Post by wtmacs »

Hi Trixmoto,

after reinstalling my PC I am running into problems with the import M3U script. It had always worked before but now stops after a few imports with an error: Error #-2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBPlaylist Error executing SQL Statement "Commit": SQL logic error or missing database (1,1) File: C:.... ImportM3U.VBS", Line 121, Column: 10.

After ok. it shows this message: Error happened during script execution: Error executing SQL Statement "Commit": SQL logic error or missing database (1,1)

What's goingon? Is something wrong with my database? Everything else works just fine.

Thanks for help,

Wolfgang
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Nothing wrong with your database, just the script is confusing it's queries. This is because although I updated the script to work with SQLite in MM3, there are still some problems if it queries too fast, or something. Anyway, I stopped working on this script because it became redundant - try my "Recreate M3U" script if MM can't import it natively.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
thefaceman

Error with script

Post by thefaceman »

I am not sure if we should report bugs in this forum, or somewhere else.

I am attempting to import some older (probably MediaMonkey 2 m3u playlists, into MM3.
Error states
Error #-2147418113 - SongsDB.SDBPlaylist
Error executing SQL statement "Commit"; SQL logic error or missing database (1, 1)
File: <directory>\Scripts\ImportM3U.vbs", Line: 121, Column: 10

It does import some of the list but eventually has an error after about 10-20 songs.

How can I get this script to work?

-thanks
-thefaceman
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this is the correct place, but I'll like to refer you to my earlier post:
trixmoto wrote:...although I updated the script to work with SQLite in MM3, there are still some problems if it queries too fast, or something. Anyway, I stopped working on this script because it became redundant - try my "Recreate M3U" script if MM can't import it natively.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

Thanks
Tried that script. A few points

1. When I run the script it often finds several versions of the same listing. All of the selections are the same (not sure why)
So how can I get it to select the first option by default
2. If it cannot find the song in my file directory then can I still get it to restore the information?

-thanks
-thefaceman
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) This is a bug, it's on my list to resolve.

2) I'm not sure what you mean, restore what information to where?
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do appreciate your time (and skills)

1. Is there a time frame when you expect to have this issue fixed?
(I only ask because I have a mp3 project that I will put on hold based upon that time frame)
Plus I cannot get the ImportM3U script to run either so there is currently no script that will allow me to import my playlists.

2. My apologies on not being clear on the "where". I was trying to ensure that if the MP3 in my m3u is not found that the mp3 still gets listed in the restored playlist (obviously marked as greyed out since it did not find a matching mp3).
You see I am able to find these mp3s on a drive at some point in time and I want them to go from unfound to found when I rerun the rescan library feature

Again thanks for your skill (and time)

-thanks
-thefaceman
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) Sorry, I have no idea.

2) This feature was available in the "Import M3U" script so I will add it to the "Recreate M3U" script in the next version.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

OK, Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping that I could get an estimated time frame (like 1 week, 6 months, 1 year, etc)

I greatly appreciate your time and skill and will await the release.

-thanks
-thefaceman
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

Are they any other scripts that anyone can recommend to help me import or recreate my m3u lists? If I have to wait, I have to wait, but if there are other solutions, it would be appreciated.
I am suprised that I am the only person who is encountered a problem with both the Import and Recreate m3u scripts.
-thefaceman
thefaceman

Triximoto

Post by thefaceman »

Any update on a time frame as to when the Import or Recreate m3u bug will be fixed?
-thefaceman
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

I also get this error when I try to import a M3U-playlist.
I've run the M3U-file trough "Recreate M3U", but still the same.... :(

I wonder why MM don't have a build in option to import playlists :roll:
Regards
SpritHansi
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It does, M3U is one of the extensions you can include during the import, that's why I stopped developing this script.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

The Add/Locate M3U files does not work if the files do not exist. I need to be able to import my m3u playlists INCLUDING the files that cannot be found.
The Recreate and Import M3U scripts could do this (once modified) in the previous version, but now there does not seem to be able to work in the new version and Triximoto does not seem to have any incentive to maintain the Import M3U list.
So I guess I will have to re-ask my request of having someone help me figure out how I can import my m3u lists.
Anyone?
Thanks in advance for your help.
-thefaceman
trixmoto

Re: Import M3U 3.2 - Updated 04/02/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added unicode playlists (.m3u8)
- Added check to see if playlist already exists
- Added extra information to progress bar
- Added confirmation screen with options stored in ini file
- Added update server to installation package

I tidied up a number of other little things as well, hopefully this version will be more usable and more stable.