Earliest Release Date v4.5.1 (2018-08-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jestermgee

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.3.2 (2014-08-14)

Post by jestermgee »

Is this script still working?

I have just installed it and I see the panel but I have not been asked for the discogs auth code at all and in the ini file it is blank. I have tried to delete the settings from the ini, reinstall the script but it will not ask me to insert the auth string at all and I do not receive any results.

Any ideas? The one and only thing I have left to do in my collection is establish the original dates.

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.3.2 (2014-08-14)

Post by Guest »

Is Discogs selected in the Options? Have you tried it with MusicBrainz selected as the provider?
wxdude

Re: Earliest Release Date v4.4.0 (2016-02-19)

Post by wxdude »

New Version released. A restart of MM may be required if updating via Tools -- Extensions -- Find Updates

Highlights are as follows:

Add option to clear Discogs Keys on main UI
Add option to switch API service on Main Page
  • switching searches the other API on previously selected/playing song(s)
  • option is greyed out when both services have been used for search
Minor UI Changes - don't hide ui choices just disabled
Change rate limit for Discogs to 3/s, reality is Discogs searches usually take longer
Use only first artist if the artist field has multiple artists
Change Discogs API calls to HTTPS

As usual any comments, concerns, or suggestions are welcome.
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Thanks for the update, especially using the first artist if more than one artist. Much appreciated.
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

I've recently updated the script. Now instead of appearing on the right side of MediaMonkey above my album art the Earliest Date window is on the far left and is obscuring the bar below the menu bar. None of the buttons are visible. How do I fix this? I don't see anything in the script to adjust the position...

cryptus939

Post by cryptus939 »

I have a problem with songs with multiple artists. I only just updated to the newest version, and I've restarted MM since. When I click the button to find a date for a multiple artist song, it doesn't even bother searching, just comes up with the "No Search Results from MusicBrainz" immediately. Also, I can't get my Discogs login to be authorised. I log in to my Discogs account, authorise the extension, and then a new window flashes up and then closes instantly, and I am given a warning about the site I'm being redirected to having a dodgy security certificate. Any help would be greatly appreciated (esp. as the multiple artists feature is something I've been wanting for *ages*).
MPG

Post by MPG »

Every once in awhile the script would return an error when processing a date. I investigated and found that on occasion a date would have non numerical values. So I made a change to the processdate sub in the script. The script below now does the IsNumeric check and sets the value to 9999 if it isn't. Solved my problem!

Code: Select all

Sub ProcessDates(releaseYMD, i, AlbumName, atemp())
	Dim  test, lenYMD, YYYY, mm, dd

'	cannot use VBScript DATE type as 00 is a valid month/day in Discogs
'	this causes DATE functions in VBScript to fail, and we do not want to
'	replace with valid numbers as this could affect results 

lenYMD = Len(releaseYMD)
	If lenYMD >= 4 Then
		YYYY = Left(releaseYMD,4)
		If IsNumeric(YYYY) then
			If YYYY = "0000" Then
				YYYY= "9999"
			End If
		Else
			YYYY = "9999"
		End If

mm = "99"
		dd = "99"
		If lenYMD >= 7 Then
			mm = Mid(releaseYMD,6,2)
			If IsNumeric(mm) Then
				If mm = "00" Then					'fix discog results where day/month is allowed to be 00
					mm = "99"
				End If
			Else
				mm = "99"
			End If

dd = "99"
			If lenYMD > 8 Then
				dd = Right(releaseYMD,2)
				If IsNumeric(dd) Then
					If dd = "00" Then
						dd = "99"
					End If
				Else
					dd = "99"
				End If
			End If
		End If
	Else 
		YYYY = "9999"
		mm = "99"
		dd = "99"
	End If

test = CLng(YYYY & mm & dd)

If test <= atemp(i,7) Then						'compare release date to existing value
		atemp(i,7) = test							'if less replace existing value with earlier date
		atemp(i,2) = AlbumName
		atemp(i,4) = YYYY							'save earliest date found
		atemp(i,5) = mm
		atemp(i,6) = dd
	End If

End Sub
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

mhendu wrote:I've recently updated the script. Now instead of appearing on the right side of MediaMonkey above my album art the Earliest Date window is on the far left and is obscuring the bar below the menu bar. None of the buttons are visible. How do I fix this? I don't see anything in the script to adjust the position...

The position of the panel is not configurable by the script itself, other then the starting position when first installed. The only time I have seen this happen is if the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MediaMonkey\Interface\V4\Toolbars\EDPanel has been deleted.

Try the following:

1. Download and save the registry file http://earliestrelease.com/ERDVersions/EDfix.reg
2. Close MM
3. Install the registry key by double clicking the registry file downloaded in step 1. You will have to have admin privileges,
4. Restart MM

The key is based on my installation of the script so the position of the panel should be docked to the right. Hopefully that will fix it for you. If not try re-installing the script once again.

Sorry for the delay in responding have been on holidays for a few weeks....
mhendu

Post by mhendu »

Thanks, I deleted the /Interface key last night and that reset everything so it looks normal now.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

cryptus939 wrote:I have a problem with songs with multiple artists. I only just updated to the newest version, and I've restarted MM since. When I click the button to find a date for a multiple artist song, it doesn't even bother searching, just comes up with the "No Search Results from MusicBrainz" immediately. .
Could you provide example of a song with multiple artists, including the separator that you use. I'll try and figure that one out.
cryptus939 wrote:Also, I can't get my Discogs login to be authorised. I log in to my Discogs account, authorise the extension, and then a new window flashes up and then closes instantly, and I am given a warning about the site I'm being redirected to having a dodgy security certificate. Any help would be greatly appreciated (esp. as the multiple artists feature is something I've been wanting for *ages*).
There was an error on the server side script. Fixed today. Try it again and see if you can get Discogs searching authorized. When Discogs moved to HTTPS for API calls I got a little lazy and replaced all HTTP calls with HTTPS when I shouldn't have. :-? The dodgy certificate was due to the fact my website only has a self signed certificate.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

MPG wrote:Every once in awhile the script would return an error when processing a date. I investigated and found that on occasion a date would have non numerical values. So I made a change to the processdate sub in the script. The script below now does the IsNumeric check and sets the value to 9999 if it isn't. Solved my problem!
Thanks MPG. I'll incorporate that check into the next version.

I'm also looking into reverting back away from the oAuth solution for Discogs. Each user now has the ability to create their own token which removes the requirement for oAuth. If you or any others have any concerns about that please let me know.
cryptus939

Post by cryptus939 »

wxdude wrote:
cryptus939 wrote:I have a problem with songs with multiple artists. I only just updated to the newest version, and I've restarted MM since. When I click the button to find a date for a multiple artist song, it doesn't even bother searching, just comes up with the "No Search Results from MusicBrainz" immediately. .
Could you provide example of a song with multiple artists, including the separator that you use. I'll try and figure that one out.
An example would be Together In Electric Dreams, which in my library has the artist "Giorgio Moroder; Phil Oakey". Interestingly, I tried using Discogs (which I was able to login to now, so thank you for fixing that!), and it worked then, so it's possibly a problem with how MusicBrainz is processing the request.
cryptus939

Post by cryptus939 »

Bumping this, and also reporting a new problem; every time I try to use the script, it throws up an error: "Error- #-2147024891 - msxml3.dll. Access is denied. File "<filepath>", Line: 803, Column:4.", then comes up with a second dialogue that simply says "Error executing script event. Access is denied". This dialogue box then comes up every time I try using Earliest Date with MusicBrainz. Recently trying to search with MusicBrainz has been hit and miss anyway, around 70% of the time for the last week or two trying to search with MusicBrainz just immediately brings up the No Results Found message.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

Still working on an update when I have time. It might be a while though....

As for error -2147024891 from what I can find out, and your explanation confirms, is the user does not have sufficient rights. Have you tried running MM as administrator? Does the error still occur?
MPG

Post by MPG »

Wondering if anyone else is suddenly receiving a Security Warning when doing a search with MusicBrainz. Full message:
This page is accessing information that is not under its control This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue?

The message pops up for every song, so when your cycling through a couple of albums, it's rather annoying....to say the least.

TIA,
MPG
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.