[OUTDATED] Music Remote Control - Android

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

geckosolutions

[OUTDATED] Music Remote Control - Android

Post by geckosolutions »

Hi guys,

i just wanna introduce you in our remote control app from any android device.
The app is available in the Google Play Store(https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ontrol.com) and the corresponding plugin for MediaMonkey can be found within the addon remote access section or just directly on our website http://geckosolutions.de/index.php?id=4.

Find more information at http://www.geckosolutions.de/index.php?id=5

Features:

* play/pause
* previous/next Song ( swipe left/right)
* change volume/mute
* shuttle
* shuffle, repeat
* rate Song( Database/Library as well as ID3Tag)
* watch Playlist and select another song
* synchronous control( PC, mobile phone)
* unlimited clients(mobile phones, tablets)
* complete Playlist Control + Saving
* complete Library Control
* support for portrait and landscape mode
* desktop widget
* library sync

Have fun.

PS: Any comments are highly appreciated
Last edited by geckosolutions on Fri May 31, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flabba

Re: Music Remote Control - Android

Post by Flabba »

Hi,

I wanted to try your remote control app, but my MM installation does not find your plugin.
I first tried with MM 4.0.5 and Plugin 0.4, as that did not work, I updated to 4.0.6 and Plugin 0.5 today.

After running the Plugin Setup, gen_server.dll is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins\, just as expected, but it does not show up in the general plugins section in MediaMonkey's Preferences.

Running MM as Administrator did not work too.

Do you have any Idea?
Maybe some sort of rights-problem?

I run Windows 7 64Bit.

Lars
geckosolutions

Post by geckosolutions »

Hi Flabba,

we just installed MM 4.0.6.1501 on a windows 7, 64bit system. After installing the plugin, we find "Music Remote Control" (gen_server.dll) plugin located at the general plugins.
Do you have more than one installation of MM installed, so that's maybe the wrong directory?
Did you installed the plugin while MM has been open?

If the plugin is successfully recognized by MM(at startup time), it will be visibile within the general plugins window.

If you can't find a solution you may send us some more information with the help of the dependency walker, a small tool where you can get some information if there is a library, used by gen_server.dll, is missing. We can also try the use of everest, a tool which specifies all the details of your pc, to find out if there is something special(which actually shouldn't be the case...)

GeckoSolutions
Flabba

Post by Flabba »

Hi,

No, I installed the plugin while MM was not running.

When I open gen_server.dll in dependency walker, I see, that the three files MSVCP100.DLL, MSVCR100.DLL and IESHIMS.DLL are missing.

Then I removed the MS Visual C++ Redistributables, and installed them again using the Plugin's Setup.
That did not help, but I don't know if these are related to the problem described above.

Do you need more Details?

Thank you,
Lars
Gecko-Solutions

Post by Gecko-Solutions »

Hi,

it's very important that MSVCP100.DLL, MSVCR100.DLL are available!
So normally these files should be automatically installed in the directory
C:\Windows\system32\

If they can't be found then something is wrong during installation( admin rights?).

If you don't get it, just download these files from our server and put them either there or just within the plugin directory.

http://www.geckosolutions.de/fileadmin/ ... vcp100.dll
http://www.geckosolutions.de/fileadmin/ ... vcr100.dll

Let's see how that works.

GeckoSolutions
Flabba

Post by Flabba »

Hi,

I just checked it, and MSVCP100.DLL, MSVCR100.DLL are available in system32 directory.
So I copied them both to MM's Plugin directory, and dependency walker does not show errors about them any more. No Idea why they could not be found in system32...

But MM still does not find the plugin, even if run with Admin rights.

Besides that, dependency walker still reports IESHIMS.DLL as missing, but I believe he wants to use this dll himself...

Thank you,
Lars

Post by Guest »

IESHIMS.DLL is not nescessary, so we don't care about that.

Well that's still strange. Can you make an installation of MM and the plugin in parallel, to a folder somewhere else?

We actually checked the plugin from a quite a lot of version from 3.x till the current 4.x version, so there shouldn't be such open issue...

GeckoSolutions

PS: You might try the plugin with a winamp version too, so we could clearify if the special issue is because of your system or because of MM
Flabba

Post by Flabba »

Hi,

I did a Portable Installation of MM to a different location, installed the plugin there, and run MM.
The Plugin still does not find the DLLs, so I copied them to the directory as before.

Now if I run MM (even as Admin) the plugin does not show up in the Settings.

It seems that there is something wrong with my System...

Lars
geckosolutions

Post by geckosolutions »

Hi lars,

did you try using winamp with the plugin?
We need to find out if the problem is your mm version or your system.

GeckoSolutions
dalarath

Post by dalarath »

Hi, I've installed the plugin (v 0.5) and MM says server is working fine (Server: Running). Next, I went to google play and installed music remote control 1.6 (last version) in my Galaxy SII. I opened the app and introduced de server IP provided by the plugin in MM (the server IP by default in the app is: 127.0.0.1). No connection message and the server IP is restored to default.

On Gecko's site i've seen that the version of music remote control (MRC) that corresponds to v0.5 of the plugin is 1.4...Maybe the las version (1.6) is a little buggy on SG SII and the problem could be solved by installing MRC 1.4. If is possible, could anyone give me a link with MRC 1.4, please????? I can't find it anywhere on google.

If any of you find another solution to my problem please share it with me.

Thanks.
geckosolutions

Post by geckosolutions »

There is a new plugin version available, which should resolve the most common problems.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... e-control/ resp. http://www.geckosolutions.de/index.php?id=4.

The plugin has a more usable interface, as well as the port can be editable.
It also figures out the WLAN IP for you, which has to be set up within the android app.

We also do have a new forum do anwser any issues directly there:

http://forum.geckosolutions.de/
freekax

Post by freekax »

Hi,

new plugin is working for me :D.
geckosolutions

Post by geckosolutions »

new plugin 0.6.0.5 available:

* added prev/next track buttons
* added equalizer functionality
- change settings, on/off
- PRO load/save settings
* fixed some bugs
* new menu design(actionbar
* rating of songs will be shown in all lists
* fixed bug collecting covers
* fixed editing ip, port problem
* added much more feedback to the user
* improved performance for library lists
* added default album for mediamonkey which contains all songs(*ALL_SONGS*)
* added possibility to use volume buttons from android device
* modified menu -> use menu button to have access to settings and connection
* fixed some state bugs while pausing app
* added context menu for songs from artist
* added reset library sync button
* saving new playlist does update playlist library(3-4seconds delay)
* dialog for existing playlist with same name
* added some more feedback while modifying the playlist
* current song will be displayed in all menus + play/pause
* cover catching for playlist can be disabled
* "Play Now" functionality = clear playlist and refill with choosen songs
* playlist items can be multiple selected and deleted from active playlist
* library items can be multiple selected, so inserting, adding and play now multiple songs at once
* songs from library can be multiple selected and be added, inserted and support for play now functionality
* modified text layout of titles of songs
* fixed bug while adding whole albums, genres and so on ->has been wrong order (MediaMonkey)
* add/insert all songs from all albums from artist -> add/insert all songs from an artist
* insert next albums, genres, playlists, artists
* Port can be edited
* added Widget for home screens(Android >= 4.1)
* saving playlists
* solved high CPU Problem
* PRO FEATURES
- Playlist Save Dialog
- Sync Library
- Select Menu Items(insert, play now) all over
- widget update

HAVE FUN.
capo

Post by capo »

I have just installed both android application and Music Remote Control plugin. It works fine, excepts on thing, which is unfortunetaly the most important for me.

I would like to set the rating for the files I am playing on my computer. But when I touch the stars in app, yellow bordered square appears with sign "Set Rating" but nothing else can be done or touched. It simply doesn't react on anything. Only when I change orientation from landscape or restart the app, this border dissapears and then I can control player.

I suppose this behaviour is not correct?

Thats how it looks like on the phone (Nexus 5 with 4.4.2) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Gho8 ... sp=sharing
capo

Post by capo »

As I have just checked, it works fine on my tablet with 4.3.1 android. I am not sure if this is problem of resolution or the Android version.....
My tablet has 1280x800 and Nexus 5 has FullHD...