[OUTDATED] Music Remote Control - Android

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

IanG

Re: Music Remote Control - Android

Post by IanG »

Hi All,
I have set up the remote control and it works very well apart from when I try to update the ratings.
When I set a new rating on my phone using the remote control app this does not update the file on my computer.
Any advice or suggestions about how to make this work would be much appreciated.

Best,
Ian
capo

Post by capo »

There is the other bug that I have discovered. Using my tablet with 4.3.1 android version, I have problem with actual data in remote control. Once the song ends and change to the other, I can see this by change of song time. But its name, interpret name and rating remains the same (remains from the previous song). Once I change the orientation from of tablet from landscape to portrait , Remote Control show the actual song name, but still show the rating from previous song. Once I change the orientation back to landscape, it will show even the actual rating ..... Isn't this weird?

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to use the android remote for pausing and playing videos?
Gordy

Music Remote Control...... broke my Media Monkey

Post by Gordy »

Hi guys. Absolutely distraught about this........ My monkey is broken!

Apologies first if any protocol is also broken by me posting this one.

Have had MM on my PC for years and have been using MM Remote with no noticecable issues. Until..... loaded Music Remote Control Plug-in v 0.6.0.5.

Since installing this, havent been able to use Media Monkey, in that, the remote opens over Media Monkey screen, then follows "media monkey experienced problems and will now close"........... then desktop appears.

I have tried a System Restore. - No restore Points

All I really want help with is,....... How do I ....remove Music Remote Control from my Media Monkey.

Please understand I am not PC Savvy, but can`t understand what happened with this Plug-in.

Hope the above makes sense,
Thankyou

Gordy.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Pass_thru

Re: Music Remote Control...... broke my Media Monkey

Post by Pass_thru »

The main thread for this is here:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=67799

The only link that works is to the 'Play' store - so not much help available from the people that put this together. Not good - amateur.

Is there an uninstall option for this within MediaMonkey? It will be in Tools > Extensions if there is.
Pass_thru

Post by Pass_thru »

Whoops - just realised you can't get into it.

Bottom line is - you need to break the server connection and uninstall this on both devices.
offpistesau

Post by offpistesau »

Dear Forum
i ve installed the Music Remote Control 0.6.0.5 plugin using the installation routine. The MM 4.1.5 Standard cannot find the Plugin. At application launch nothing happens. The window with general plugins is empty.
The dll and the VC++ redist. are in place.

Itried the Depencey Walker with ge_server.dll. It reports IESHIM.DLL and WER.dll to be missing. In Stackoverflow.com i found a thread with the hint that these files are not present at XP SP3 running IE8. IE7 seemed to have these files on board, but IE8 not. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2465 ... ll-missing
Does your plugin-in need these files?
How could I get it running till Saturday (i' running a presentation)?
kopo

Post by kopo »

Have you tried MMRemote? I haven't used it for a while, but I previously used that on an XP laptop with no problems at all.
offpistesau

Post by offpistesau »

thanks a lot kopo. was it an xp sp3 with ie8 on it?
offpistesau

Post by offpistesau »

MMRemote requires .NET 4.5 which is not compatible w. XP.
(this framework requires 850MB hd space! note sure this the right direction for sw development ...)
kopo

Post by kopo »

MMRemote requires .NET 4.5
Blimey, it didn't used to. Like I said, it's been a while. Sorry about that.
offpistesau

Post by offpistesau »

found out with erlend that the new MMRemote is based on .NET 4.0. So it will run on XP machines :-)
offpistesau

Post by offpistesau »

another quastion: is it possible to run MMremote and connect to MM Server w/o W-LAN infrastructure, for example in a public hall? I thought using my Android phone as an access point but this seems not to work...
kalowski

Post by kalowski »

Gordy wrote:Hi guys. Absolutely distraught about this........ My monkey is broken!

Apologies first if any protocol is also broken by me posting this one.

Have had MM on my PC for years and have been using MM Remote with no noticecable issues. Until..... loaded Music Remote Control Plug-in v 0.6.0.5.

Since installing this, havent been able to use Media Monkey, in that, the remote opens over Media Monkey screen, then follows "media monkey experienced problems and will now close"........... then desktop appears.

I have tried a System Restore. - No restore Points

All I really want help with is,....... How do I ....remove Music Remote Control from my Media Monkey.

Please understand I am not PC Savvy, but can`t understand what happened with this Plug-in.

Hope the above makes sense,
Thankyou

Gordy.
Something similar here. I tried to uninstall it but kept getting that bloody pop up dialogue when I started MM. Today I ticked the box which said "do no show this at start up". Now, when I start MM nothing happens. How do I remove this stupid add on form my machine?
blawdawg

Post by blawdawg »

kalowski wrote:
Something similar here. I tried to uninstall it but kept getting that bloody pop up dialogue when I started MM. Today I ticked the box which said "do no show this at start up". Now, when I start MM nothing happens. How do I remove this stupid add on form my machine?
I'm having the same problem. How do I get MediaMonkey to launch again and then safely uninstall Music Remote Control?