Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Haha, well you guys split the first place (along with all other script heroes).
I wish that I someday could learn this VBScript thing. I think I'm going to let my work send me to a course. I just need some good arguments. I dont think MM will do. :wink:
Until then i'll stick with access and SQL.

/Martin
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

SQL is very useful, I wish I knew more! :)

Thanks for the votes of confidence though!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've played around with using a .hta file but it causes more problems than it solves. Because the table could be any size, you need to create a new .hta file each time, which internet explorer prompts you before it will run, so you aren't solving anything by doing this.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

For me it's ok how it works now!

But out of curiousity. How does the Case Checker script display its window?

/Bex
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

The case checker displays it windows by empeding an exporer window inside an MM form. It basically works the same way that Trixmoto's Cuereader script works. Currently this is the only way to deliver well formated forms inside MM using scripting
Bex

Post by Bex »

So why does trixi's script need to have the security settings altered while risser's doesnt?
Is it because of the monitoring script?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

No....
In the case of the Case checker script, we have a "read only" explorer window (that shows the results of capitalization) and two classic MM buttons (Ok and cancel). In other words, the explorer object contains only simple html code and no reference to other objects (like MM or wscript.shell)

On the other hand, trix window contains reference to the SongsDb.aplication and WScript.Shell objects. Thats why you can click on a song number and the player can jump to the proper position, IOW it contains also script code besides HTML. Its those objects that cause explorer to ask you if you allow them to run...

Hope it makes sense...
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yupp, got it!

Thanks
/Bex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.6) has the filematching switched off (although you can switch a variable back to True) so uses the first (or only) file command in the cue sheet. Also there is a bug fixed with the monitor script (it wasn't closing if you closed the form manually).

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

This is perfect!

Thanks
/Bex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad you like! :)
statik

Post by statik »

Awesome stuff trixmoto! Forgot to check back for updates; been using 1.3; but this kicks-ass! (Apart from the unsafe ActiveX-thingie)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Triximoto, I just discovered whit the 3.6 version that the window always stays on top. Thats rather annoying. Can you please look into his?

Thanks
/Bex
Bex

Post by Bex »

I found yet another bug.
1) Play a file that has a cue sheet so the cue reader comes up.
2) Click on some node/playlist so another track appears in the library window
3) Close the cue reader and the song that is first in the library window starts playing?!
4) However, if you have the currently playing file in library window the song just keep playing if you close the cue reader.

/Bex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Since version 1.2 the form should have stayed on top. If you search in the script for

Code: Select all

Form.StayOnTop = True
you can change it to

Form.StayOnTop = False
I cannot replicate the bug you mention. There is no code in my script which runs on exit. CueReader has already finished and closed by the time the first track is highlighted. If you close the form using the cross, then CueReader2 does nothing but release memory, as you can see by this code after the loop

Set doc = Nothing
Set WB = Nothing
Set data = Nothing
Set Form = Nothing
Set SDB = Nothing