Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You are getting that error message because you have two album titles. This is part of the problem I was mentioning with unstable album artist and titles added to this version, as requested in your email. I will have a rethink, and hopefully release a new version promptly! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I was inspired! I think the bug is fixed and also the album artist and title should now be very stable. New version is 3.4:

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Still got errors with ape and flac and some mp3's. But different ones. "File not found" and "unknown command". I'll send you a mail soon.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks to psyxonova, the file matching bug has now been fixed and should work with any extension. New version is 3.5:

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Great, i'll check it out!
(Sorry for not mailing you any cue sheets that couse error.)

Thanks
/Bex
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Thanks Trix :D
BTW, the more i use your script the more i like it.
Keep up the god job
Bex

Post by Bex »

Works so much better now!! Thanks a lot trixmoto!

Since i'm a little bit worried about enable the "Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" i've set it to prompt. But then I need to enable it everytime (Duh!). Is there a way to mark this script as safe? (I've looked around but i dont find where todo that.)

I also painfully discovered that a lot of my cue sheets contains an invalid file name which cause the error "File not found in cue sheet". I would be very glad if that check was disabled, which I think is safe since the file name is really only used when you burn a CD.

Thanks again!

/Bex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script would need to be digitally signed by some authority I think, I don't think I can do that myself.

Well psyxonova used a .hta file (on a different script) as this has full access so maybe I can look at doing this instead.

Is the filename incorrect because you've used the auto-organise to move files? Maybe instead of refusing the file it should prompt you to correct the filename or ignore the problem? It couldn't be ignored completely because you can have multiple FILE commands of which only one is correct. The best solution really would be for you to correct your CUE sheets to use relative paths so that moving them doesn't cause a problem. Although I understand this might be a lot of work for you if you have several.
Bex

Post by Bex »

The .hta method sounds like a great idea!

I think the filename could be ignored completely. Because if you have a cue sheet with several file names within then it's only created to burn a CD. And if a cue sheet contains many file names there is still only one music file that would trigger the script to read the cue sheet. If any of the other files are played a corresponding cue sheet wouldnt be found due to the name of the cue sheet only can correspond to one music file.

Or am I missing something here?

/Bex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes you are missing the fact that you only want to read the tracks from the matching file, so you need to find the FILE command which matches the filename so you can load the tracks within it.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Well, such cue sheet would only be created to burn cd's with. What i trying to say is that if you have such a cue sheet you will never want your script to read it. You will only use it to burn a CD. And the name of such cue sheet would hardly have the same name as one of its files it contain so your script wouldnt find it anyway.

If a music file has a corresponding cue sheet, with the same name, I garantee that the cue sheet only contain one file and that is the music file with the same name. It just doesnt make sence otherwise.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well for now all your have to do is comment out these two lines:

Code: Select all

Case "FILE"
            Select Case mode
              Case 0
'                If filematches(mp3f,line) Then
                  mode = 1
'                End If
I will investigate creating an .hta but it would not be a simple thing to do. It will mean rewriting the script quite drastically. I will also decide how to handle the matching of filenames.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Triximoto!

You are my script hero!

Many thanks!

/Bex
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

:cry:
i thought i was your script hero.....
:cry:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

all Scripters Are my hero's 8) :P :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.