Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I've managed to find your bug, although not entirely. I have stripped code from CueReader2 until the bug went away and after much testing, the line which is causing the problem is

Code: Select all

Do while SDB.Player.isPlaying
It appears that querying whether the player is playing seems to cause MM to start playing in this situation. This is a bug with the MM side of scripting, not mine, so unfortunately I cannot fix this for you.

ADDITION: I have now reported this problem here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7464
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Trixmoto, what i meant with the stay on top thing was that if I changed program the cue reader window appeared on top of that program. But guess what. A simple reboot cured that problem and it's working as it should. :oops:

As for the "real" bug. Psyxonova seems to have found a workaround! :D

Thanks
/Martin
Last edited by Bex on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, here is the new version (3.7) with this bug fixed (thanks to psyxonova).

:o NEW VERSION BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Sat May 13, 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, yes ,yes! This is it! :D

Now everything works as a charm and I'm so happy!

Many thanks
/Bex
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'm very glad. Let me know if you can think of any more enhancements! :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Actually, I have a hard one! (I think?)
Make it possible to edit all text fields (eg. Artist and Title) directly in the cue reader window So it's saved in the cue file.

But is that possible?

/Bex
statik

Post by statik »

Though... it would be nice if it could be docked with MM instead of freefloating around. Is that possible?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Editing the fields would mean a LOT of extra work and I don't think it would be very stable. I'll have a think about it and let you know.

Docking is currently not possible as there simply aren't the commands for it. Such functionality has been requested - not sure whether the MM team ever said they'd do it or not.

As always, thanks for the feedback! :)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

LOL....
It seems like Bex is always hungry for new functionality...

Anyway, my opinion is that implementing editing in the Cue Reader form will only create problems. Perhaps a better sollution would be if an extra form (with standard text fields and not explorer objects) could be created just for editing. It would still be easier than editing the cue file and would create little effort compared with the job that has be done to make the current form editable.

As for docking, i have too tried to implement it and there is no easy way, just (not very stable) workarounds. I hope in the future we will be able to see that. Perhaps what MM needs is a sidebar with customizable content (and accesible for scripting). I am pretty sure that this will boost MM's funtionality as well as unleash the imagination of scripters...
Bex

Post by Bex »

trixmoto wrote:Editing the fields would mean a LOT of extra work and I don't think it would be very stable. I'll have a think about it and let you know.
Well, if it's hard to implement dont do it. I'm very satisfied as it is now!

psyxonova wrote:LOL....
It seems like Bex is always hungry for new functionality...
Haha, but who isn't?

Thanks again to all!
/Bex
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Would it be possible to specify the window size dynamically, based on the length of the title and the number of indexes?

For instance, make the script window smaller if it loads for a piece containing 3 indexes and longer for a piece containing 20 indexes?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well there's no way to do it accurately because you can't equate a string with it's physical length (ie: "iiiii" is shorter than "wwww"). But I am rewriting this script as a dockable panel, so then you wouldn't want it to be different sizes anyway, as it would be static.
MCSmarties

Post by MCSmarties »

Cool, that sounds great!

Is ther a way to get the plugin window to display some ID3 frames from the tag of the corresponding file?
Such as composer, year, comments?
Just asking...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is of course possible. But why would you want to? MM displays all of this information. The plugin is designed to display the information which MM will not (the CUE information).
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

I just found that Script. It's a really GREAT one. It leaves nothing to be desired. I love it!

There's only one thing:

After using that script I get a "COM Server Warning" when closing MM:

"There are still active COM objects in this application. One or more clients may have references to these objects, so manually closing this application may cause those client application(s) to fail.

Are you sure you want to close this application?

|Yes|------|No|
"

Any idea about it? Didn't find a comment on that yet.

2.5.2 Beta 1
Win XP SP2

Keep up that good scripting!

Greetz
pietzke