Downloading and embedding lyrics automatically

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

teejay

Downloading and embedding lyrics automatically

Post by teejay »

Hello folks,

I am using free version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1511. I would like to download and embed the lyrics into the tags automatically for offline view.

I searched through the forum and found Evil Lyrics or Lyricator can do this job. I downloaded both of these and tried to play around with it but so far I have been unsuccessful. I can get a lyrics in Evil Lyrics when I am playing tracks in Winamp but did not succeed in MM. In Winamp too, it makes a text file in its program directory and does not embed in the tag. (Evil Lyrics forum has not been useful so far.)
With lyricator, for some reason, it does not work at all. It asks me to download a Lyrics plugin V0.4, which looks shady to me. This plug-in is meant for Windows Media Player, WinAmp and iTunes. I am using none of it so is it really needed to work with MM?

Any pointers in this regard are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
nohitter151

Re: Downloading and embedding lyrics automatically

Post by nohitter151 »

I despise Evil Lyrics, I think Minilyrics is a much superior plugin.
See http://crintsoft.com

Lyricator also works pretty good as well, but it's old so it can be a little difficult to install properly. This is the most up to date version I believe:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =lyricator
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is also Lyrics Fetcher which does its job on play of file: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... cs+fetcher
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Lyrics fetcher works pretty well, but as lowlander says, it only download the lyrics on play.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The latest beta (1635) of MediaMonkey 4.1 can do this automatically for you (no addons).

You'll need to enable the option under Tools > Options > Library and set Art & Details to show Lyrics (right click on it and select Choose Fields). If Art & Details is set to Now Playing it will automatically lookup lyrics for the playing song. Set it to Selected and it will do it for the selected song.
teejay

Post by teejay »

Lowlander wrote:The latest beta (1635) of MediaMonkey 4.1 can do this automatically for you (no addons).

You'll need to enable the option under Tools > Options > Library and set Art & Details to show Lyrics (right click on it and select Choose Fields). If Art & Details is set to Now Playing it will automatically lookup lyrics for the playing song. Set it to Selected and it will do it for the selected song.
Does it also embed the lyric in the metadata? so that it can be viewed offline.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes (there is an option for that).
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Just replaced my mediamonkey with beta (1635) of MediaMonkey 4.1. Absolutely love the new version!! The lyrics lookup works great!
Thanks guys!
gatttter

Post by gatttter »

This doesn't work in free version.

As for plug ins, don't seem to work too.

I finally managed to install minilyrics. The result - nothing. Once it showed an artist name in huge letters on my screen, outside of program.

How to make it work? After a few more restarts it started working, but it doesn't work with mediamonkey. It's a separate program and I changed to sve lyrics to tags but they still don't show up in mediamonkey.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gatttter wrote:This doesn't work in free version.

As for plug ins, don't seem to work too.

I finally managed to install minilyrics. The result - nothing. Once it showed an artist name in huge letters on my screen, outside of program.

How to make it work? After a few more restarts it started working, but it doesn't work with mediamonkey. It's a separate program and I changed to sve lyrics to tags but they still don't show up in mediamonkey.
When an outside program updates tags of some file you need to rescan it in MediaMonkey to import the new tags. You can do it by turning on the continuous scan or rescanning at File > Add/rescan

zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Hi, just spotted this awesome new feature, trying with new Modest Mouse album, it's embedding the string "Visit http://www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics."

Is this because the lyrics aren't listed? Is there any config options for adding other lyric sources/sites?

THANKS!!
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Using minilyics getting better results... problem is FLAC content isn't supported, so I'm using MM native lookup lyrics.

This is not library content, so is there any way of saving lyric metadata (songs played from my computer node).

If library (FLAC) content is played, is the only way of saving the lyrics by enabling find & save all missing?

excuse my ignorance :)

thanks again
Grateful noob
zephyr

Saving lyrics

Post by zephyr »

hi, sorry for asking same q twice but, re non-library content, are there no save metadata options? (just checking)
q2, re saving metadata (library content, eg flac lyrics via mm), is there a way of calling the save/embed metadata function, as oppose to enabling the ALWAYS save option?

I'd like to use minilyrics, and use MM's when FLAC is being played, and call the 'save lyrics' function on-demand, if poss...

thanks!
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Grateful noob
Lowlander

Re: Saving lyrics

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags saves tags for the selected files.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Minilyrics works with FLAC. It doesn't save to tag, but you can save as a text or lrc file.