Multi-Previewer - PlugIn

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Andreas Weichert

Multi-Previewer - PlugIn

Post by Andreas Weichert »

Hi folks !
Here my first script: The Multi-Previewer My Scripts
The idea and code based on one of the great scripts from trixmoto the “Previewer”. Thank you for the base script– I have learned much of it.

With the Multi-Previewer you can take songs from your mediathek, quick listen to them iterative and pick songs you like to fill the now-playing-list with it.

It works as follows:
1. Select one or more songs from you mediathek
2. Start the “Multi-Previewer” (Menu/Player, Context-menu or hotkey)
3. The player start with the first selected song. The playing can be started at the beginning or from a relative position (Checkbox “Begin at position”)
4. You can seek in the song absolute (to 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%) or relative (5 sec, 30 sec) with the hotkeys.
The hotkeys are organized as a block on a German keyboard like gamer use the keyboard. If you want other hotkeys or translate the button text you can easy manipulate the script. Take a look on the variables at the first lines of the script.
5. If the song end is reached the player jumps to the next song automatically unless you have enable “Stop track at end”.
6. Before then song finishes you must decide what to do with the current song. “Next” will skip the song and plays the next and it will been removed from the now-playing-list.
7. Append: Append song as last to the end of the now playing list
8. Insert: Insert it directly after the song, which was played before you started the Multi-Previewer
9. Insert 2: Appends it after your last inserted song – if you have no inserted one before it’s the same as “Insert”
10. If you press “Close” or last selected song was played, the player starts again with the song played before (at the position before) or plays the first new song of the now-playing-list
11. You can seek in the song by clicking with the mouse in the area under the red bar.
Before you can do this you must calibrate the mouse. Click on the help button “?”. (The Messagebox disappears sometimes in the background. Bring it to top with the windows taskbar entry.)
Hold down the Shift & Strg & Alt Key and click with the mouse in the panel at the most right possible position in the panel. Begin at right edge outside the panel and move the mouse pixel by pixel to left and click permanently until you get a message. Maybe you must do again it if you change the skin.
12. Move mouse over the controls and wait to get a hint on its function.
13. The multimedia key “Stop” seeks to the next track. (side-effect) The Pause/Play button works but will not be update the state of the Pause/Play button -> next version. The "Next Track" button works normal,
Last edited by Andreas Weichert on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
snox

Re: New Script: Multi-Previewer

Post by snox »

Looks interesting, thanks! I will give it a try.
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Cool stuff! Looks fantastic, I'm excited to try it out -- thanks!
Davo

Post by Davo »

Many thanks for this very handy script. Would it be possible to program this so i could hear the first "x" seconds of a track?
David

Davo wrote:Many thanks for this very handy script. Would it be possible to program this so i could hear the first "x" seconds of a track?
Do you want that the song starts and after x seconds of playing it jumps to the next song automatically - like a click on the next button ? (similar to the song-previwer-plugin)
This should be easy to integrate it as an additional funktion.
My Scripts
Take a look on my Android app Time Sheriff – the extensive all-in-one timer/reminder.
Davo

Post by Davo »

Andreas - Yes thats exactly what i'd like. Thankyou for considering this option.
Regards
David

Davo wrote:Andreas - Yes thats exactly what i'd like. Thankyou for considering this option.
Regards
Ok, I will do this when I have finished my new "SpeakSongTitle" plugin whis weekend. Maybe I have time left for the enhancement this weekend.
My Scripts
Andreas Weichert

Update: Multi-Previewer

The new version is finished:

VERSION 1.1.0
New: Base Help file in HTML instead of the MessageBox which did not work sometimes.
New: Play time restriction function
Bug: Mouse-calibration was not saved (I thought I did it in the last version.)
Change: Click on red "seekbar" possible (not only on the panel). Seekpanel is smaller now
Change: Dialog height a bit smaller
Change: Song number more precise in right/top corner
Change: A lot of internal changes - a clearer and more object orientated design for later enhancements.

I uploaded it 1 week ago and waited for approving. But nothing happens. Since one week it is removed from the official plug-in page.
Therefore you must load it from my web-page.
My Scripts
Davo

Post by Davo »

Andreas - Thanks for the update
couple of things -
1. It is ignoring the play time restriction eg I set it for 30 sec but it plays thru to the end of the track
2. The mmip extension shows as Version 1 not 1.1 (the dialogue shows the correct version)
David

Post by Davo »

Andreas - After testing this a bit more i see that the play time restriction works ok as long as you select a % skip from begin. So at the moment you can't start from the beginning of the track with a time restriction. I guess if i could select % skip = 0 that might work, but your % selections start at 10%
David

Hi David !
Thank you for testing. (Indeed in many software projects seem to be especialy the developer a bad tester :roll: )
This was a little bug with a big effect: <= replaced by < in a condition.
It works now als wanted. Version is corrected now to 1.2.0, too.
You can download it from my page - and maybe later from the MM-page.
Bye
Andreas
My Scripts
Davo

Post by Davo »

Andreas - Thanks, Everything seems ok now. I like the fact that you can alter the playtime restriction while the track is playing.
I have a couple of queries/requests -
1. When i select "Play" after "Pause" i get this error message - Error executing script event - object required 'Deb' It doesn't seem to affect the operation in any way.

2. I'd like to be able to open the Previewer dialogue without the track playing so i can change the time parameters then select Play to start the preview.

3. I'd prefer that "Pause" didn't reset the playtime restriction to full track length. Sometimes i want to pause the preview then resume with the existing time restriction. eg If i'm in the middle of a preview & someone interrupts me.

4. While the Previewer is running i don't appear to have access to any MM functions. eg Volume control, Now Playing.

Regards
David

Davo wrote:Andreas - Thanks, Everything seems ok now. I like the fact that you can alter the playtime restriction while the track is playing.
I have a couple of queries/requests -

1. When i select "Play" after "Pause" i get this error message - Error executing script event - object required 'Deb' It doesn't seem to affect the operation in any way.
I made Debugpanel for me to show some values/event during the developping. You have this not installed this plugin and I forgot to disable debugging.
You can can change the constant "Debugging" in the MultiPreviewer.vbs to false

You find the file in you user data path and can edit it with an ASCII editor. Restart MM afte changing.
Davo wrote: 2. I'd like to be able to open the Previewer dialogue without the track playing so i can change the time parameters then select Play to start the preview.
Ok, the Window has two function in it. Controlling and configuration. The clear way would be a MM confuguration page and a the separate controlling window. But this is very circuitous. Two steps: configure in a other dialog and then start the previerer is a long way.
The idea was to start the previewer - you are sitting a computer - then you can configure what you want. This new setting would be applied for the next song.
Nevertheless if you change the playing duration value and disable and enable it again (checkbox) the new duration would be applied from the current song position. The start position for the first song you can set with the seekbar.

Or you can open the previewer (song starts), configure it, close it and start it again.
Davo wrote: 3. I'd prefer that "Pause" didn't reset the playtime restriction to full track length. Sometimes i want to pause the preview then resume with the existing time restriction. eg If i'm in the middle of a preview & someone interrupts me.
I have changed it today.
Davo wrote: 4. While the Previewer is running i don't appear to have access to any MM functions. eg Volume control, Now Playing.
This lag I see, too. I made some experimences today.
The only solution seem to be a NOT modal dialog. (It must be a dialog and not a panel because only a dialog can have a focus so that the hotkeys work.)
This dialog should be alway on top but not modal so that you can access MM behind it.
This seem to work in principle. I have only the problem that the close button and the automatic close at last song does not work because MM-scripting-interface does not seem to have a function to close a form !??? I asked this question in the developper forum but got no answer.

You can test the new behaviour it in your current version. Look in the MultiPrevierer.vbs for the constant "Modal" and change it to false.
Please try it and say how good it works for you.

I will make a new version the next days.
My Scripts
Davo

Post by Davo »

I made the changes to the .vbs as you suggested. The debug error msg doesn't appear now.
Setting Constant modal to false does allow you access to MM controls but as you say the close button and the automatic close at last song does not work. Also it seems the restrict time function does not work nor the red bar progress indicator & red seconds countdown indicator.

It's not the end of the world if i can't access the MM controls, I can always adjust the volume externally.

Regards
David

Multi-Previewer: New Version 1.3.0

It's not the end of the world, but very usefull: Give rating and move the song to a playlist a.s.o.

Today I had a lot success. The none modal dialog works very good and I close the dialog with the sendkey function with Alt-F4.
Esc - key works now too.
That the first song must not start automatically I have integrated, too.
The version 1.3 seem to work very stable and you can load it from my page.
What you must not do in the not modal mode:
1. Open the previewer twice
2. Remove the last song of the playlist
3. A seeking with MM stops not the play-time restriction and will produce a next song action if you seek to much forward

Regards
My Scripts