MonkeyMatch 0.5.56 - Find & Fix Similar Spelling (7/7/13)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

adamg

Re: MonkeyMatch 0.5.56 - Find & Fix Similar Spelling (7/7/13

Post by adamg »

sorry to be veering you off topic a little, but:
Two copies of MediaMonkey should be able to access the same database as long as only one of them is running at a time. I think.
The two DB's are on two different PC's. Are you talking about locating the DB file somewhere else and editing the .ini file in both locations so it points to a central location such as google drive or an external hard drive where the DB would be found?

after browsing a bit, i found this about sharing one database between multiple PC's:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=49
Mediamonkey Lifetime since 2012
My favorite scripts:
RegExp Find and Replace by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.htm
GenreFinder by Trixmoto http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... re-finder/
Earliest Release Date by wxdude http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=66766
MagicNodes by Zvezdan http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MagicNodes.htm
Tagging Inconsistencies by Bex http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... istencies/
Milagro

Post by Milagro »

Scottes wrote:
hintergrundrauschen wrote: I still get the "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException" when starting up the application.
Please give this version a try. It's a debug version that fixed prinzgilden's Out Of Range error. I just have not had time to remove the debug code and release it.
http://www.itsanadventure.com/MonkeyMat ... _0576b.zip
I had the same error on windows 7 64Bit MM 4.1.5.1719
But MonkeyMatch version 0576b solved it, many thanks
Milagro

Post by Milagro »

Hello I have search with MonkeyMatch on the album and artist setting 3 moderately accurate.
It has corrected many album except for a few that is did not correct. How can I correct album names like?

Voodoo Lounge (Rolling Stones)
Voodoo Lounge (Disk 1) (RollingStones)
Voodoo Lounge (Disk 2) (RollingStones)
Voodoo Lounge (various artists)
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

The middle two - Disk 1 vs Disk 2 - should have been found using most any setting.

The others are probably outside the bounds of Setting 3. Comparing the first to the last requires 14 changes, which is more than Setting 3 can handle given the lengths.

The first compared to the two "Disk" ones require 7 changes - This should fit into Setting 3 - off the top of my head, from year-old memory. But try Setting 4. Or 5. But as a test, set the Album names in the filters to "voodoo" which will narrow down the sets of names quite a bit. Running Setting 4 or 5 against your entire database will take some time, and you will have to wade through a lot of false positives before you get all the way to names that start with "V"

You may just find it a lot easier to correct these by hand though. MonkeyMatch is just a dumb program - faster, but not smarter, than a human.

I can dig into this a bit more when I get home from work. Though I use MonkeyMatch about once a week, I've gotten my database sufficiently clean that I just use Setting 3 at all times, so I've forgotten a lot of the other settings.
cldcp00

Post by cldcp00 »

I have just installed media monkey and monkey match in windows 10 and getting thew following error

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application

Can you confirm whether monkey media works in windows 10

Kind Regards

Desmond
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey works in Windows 10. Did you install the latest release: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 04#p417704
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

MonkeyMatch runs fine under Windows 10.

I have run into several occasions where something in the MediaMonkey database crashed MonkeyMatch. About the only way to figure it out is if you will make your MM.db available for me to download, using some file-sharing service or something. Send me a personal message with the link, I will download it and run MonkeyMatch against your database. Hopefully then I can figure out the issue and provide a fix.
husker

Post by husker »

Scottes,

I just want to say thank you very much for this tool. It works well for me, and it really appeals to my meticulous nature.

Thank you.
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

husker wrote:Scottes,

I just want to say thank you very much for this tool. It works well for me, and it really appeals to my meticulous nature.

Thank you.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that it helps.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I installed this and tried to follow the .pdf help. When I click on find matches, I get this:

MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Scottes

Post by Scottes »

This is almost certainly due to something in your database that MonkeyMatch doesn't like. There's pretty much no way that I can debug it unless I have your MM.db.

I'm happy to look into the error if you can upload your MM.db to some file-sharing site and PM me the link.
NewtonBoy

Post by NewtonBoy »

Love this app. This is almost exactly what I have been looking for. I've used it to fix misspelled artists, and am now trying to fix my titles.

My issue is that it takes a long time to query more information. I've also had some issues with MonkeyMatch crashing, but I have found some work-arounds that help. The biggest is that I let MonkeyMatch start Media Monkey, and then don't even bring MediaMonkey to the front. I'm betting that this has a lot to do with contention in the database. For clarification; It's only about 10 seconds each time, but with over 50k songs, and 38k subset names; that adds up to a lot of time waiting.

I'd like to be able to add a couple of fields in the main window. Specifically, "Artist" and "Album." Others may be helpful as well, can this be customizable?

*Edit to add that it will often lock when try to update a file. When this happens I have to reboot for the application to work again. (I have already rebuilt my database from scratch to see if it would help.)

*Edit to also add; Match v. 0.5.56, Monkey; 4.1.14.1811. Windows 10, i7, 8GB, files on an external USB3.0 drive, database is over 300MB.
Media Monkey Gold 4.1.14.1813 Portable
Windows 10 anniversary, i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, Library on External drive
14MB Media Monkey Database
929 GB Library
cldcp00

Post by cldcp00 »

Hi There

I get the following error when I try to install MonkeyMatch 0556 on my Windows 10 laptop. I have the latest version of MediaMonkey_4.1.14.1813.exe

Any Ideas

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.14393.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///I:/Misc%20Software%20&%20User%20Guides/MonkeyMatch_0556/MonkeyMatch.application
Application url : file:///I:/Misc%20Software%20&%20User%20Guides/MonkeyMatch_0556/Application%20Files/MonkeyMatch_0_5_0_24/MonkeyMatch.exe.manifest

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : MonkeyMatch.application, Version=0.5.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f8636ce9401f4ba, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : MonkeyMatch.exe, Version=0.5.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f8636ce9401f4ba, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* An exception occurred while determining trust. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
* Activation of I:\Misc Software & User Guides\MonkeyMatch_0556\MonkeyMatch.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [14/11/2016 16:56:13] : Activation of I:\Misc Software & User Guides\MonkeyMatch_0556\MonkeyMatch.application has started.
* [14/11/2016 16:56:13] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [14/11/2016 16:56:13] : Installation of the application has started.
* [14/11/2016 16:56:13] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [14/11/2016 16:56:14] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [14/11/2016 16:56:14] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
* [14/11/2016 16:56:14] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: mscorlib
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IDefinitionAppId.EnumAppPath()
at System.ActivationContext.CreateFromNameAndManifests(ApplicationIdentity applicationIdentity, String[] manifestPaths)
at System.Deployment.Application.ActivationDescription.ToActivationContext()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

This is exactly what I need to do. My issue is the misspelling is in the Edit Properties>Details>Involved People. I select Artist & Custom for Match Accuracy, It finds what I'm looking for but the Save Changes does not light up and become active. I can't tell if it turns red (assuming it's not) so I can't apply correction. I realize this field is not listed in Properties of this add-on but since it is searching this field why can I not Save the changes?
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Hey Scottes...

I have been using MonkeyMatch 0.5.76b on and off for a while but i had to reset my computer so I lost all my Logs and settings,
so here are a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to run this programme from a portable folder so i can use it with the settings all intact in the same location.

2. Is there a released version from the Beta which I am using or a more updated version, the links are for the older stable version.

PS... I've never had any real problems with the programme, only thing to note is Can you change the startup proceedure to bring it to the front after it start MM please.

Thanks.
Mike
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012