Discogs Tagger 5.84 (Updated: 2024-01-03)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

pjohn

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.64 (Updated: 2018-11-01)

Post by pjohn »

Hi,

I set the track numbers to A and B respectively in MM but I get the same results (question marks).

Can it have something to do with the use of LP track indexing (A1, A2, B1,... etc.)?
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

pjohn wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm Hi,

I set the track numbers to A and B respectively in MM but I get the same results (question marks).

Can it have something to do with the use of LP track indexing (A1, A2, B1,... etc.)?
Please try to set them to 1 and 2 in the mediamonkey library.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

pjohn wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm Hi,

The LP track indexing is no Problem.

The question mark says, that mediamonkey can't assign the tracks to the tracks from discogs.
Metal up your ass !

pjohn

Post by pjohn »

Now it kinda works, if I set the tracks to 1 and 2.
The Tagger auto-tags both tracks to "B", but the Titles are correct.

It has worked before for me with automatic tagging of the tracks, when I have named the files after the LP track, e.g.

C:\VRip\A1.flac
C:\VRip\B1.flac
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

pjohn wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pmNow it kinda works, if I set the tracks to 1 and 2.
These are good news.
pjohn wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pmThe Tagger auto-tags both tracks to "B", but the Titles are correct.
That's weird. Mediamonkey doesn't tag 2 songs with the same discogs-track. It always try to match the song names from the selected songs with the songs found at discogs. Automatic tagging doesn't work 100%, if the song names are equal.

If you have many LP's with same song title or song title like "track1.mp3" and "track2.mp3" you should try the Discogs Batch Tagger. It's like the Discogs Tagger, but it doesn't use the matching from mediamonkey. It use tracking order. If the files have no tracking order or the tracking order is wrong, you can simply move the files in the lower part of the window, so it match with the songs.

If you give it a try, i would be happy if you give me a feedback, if this Addon helps you or if you have problems using it.

Best regards,
Sven
Metal up your ass !

pjohn

Post by pjohn »

Hi,

Ok, I will check out the Batch Tagger.
Thanks for the assistance!

Best Regards,

Peter
MillerJones

Post by MillerJones »

Fantasio wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 am Hi crap_inhuman,

I'm a long time user of your essential addon, but overnight, everytime i try to use discogs autotag, i get the following
Error #-2146697208 - Msxml6.dll
Echec du téléchargement de la ressource spécifiée

File "C:\Users\MyName\Appdata\Roaming\Mediamonkey\Scipts\DiscogsWebTag.vbs" Line 6257, Column 3

Then :

Error during script execution

I removed the extension, updated MM to the latest version, updated Windows 10, then updated your extension
but unfortunately always the same.

Oddly, the MusicBrainz tagger works, but for me it's pale in comparison to Discogs tagger.
I noticed that the option of choosing Discogs tagger in the upper right corner disapeared (but the extension is stil appearing in the options)

Do you think it's possible to fix it ?

Many thanks

I have this same problem on 6 systems and even have a few friends having the same problem

it is nothing to do with not having correct software I myself on all the 6 systems which are various operating systems have checked everything is upto date

Any solution?

Thanks in advance
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

MillerJones wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 pm
Fantasio wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 am Hi crap_inhuman,

I'm a long time user of your essential addon, but overnight, everytime i try to use discogs autotag, i get the following
Error #-2146697208 - Msxml6.dll

File "C:\Users\MyName\Appdata\Roaming\Mediamonkey\Scipts\DiscogsWebTag.vbs" Line 6257, Column 3

Then :

Error during script execution

I removed the extension, updated MM to the latest version, updated Windows 10, then updated your extension
but unfortunately always the same.

Oddly, the MusicBrainz tagger works, but for me it's pale in comparison to Discogs tagger.
I noticed that the option of choosing Discogs tagger in the upper right corner disapeared (but the extension is stil appearing in the options)

Do you think it's possible to fix it ?

Many thanks

I have this same problem on 6 systems and even have a few friends having the same problem

it is nothing to do with not having correct software I myself on all the 6 systems which are various operating systems have checked everything is upto date

Any solution?

Thanks in advance
I just tried it and the Discogs Tagger works like a charm. Did you try it again ? Maybe the Discogs website didn't work for a short time.
Metal up your ass !

colin_e

Post by colin_e »

MediaMonkey: 4.1.21.1875

I just installed Discogs-Tagger for the first time. It seems to work "kind-of", but the behaviour is different to both the description at the head of this thread and the PDF on how to configure the link to a Discogs account, so i'm having some trouble.

Issues
-------
  • Initially after installing Discogs-Tagger (DT), I got access errors on a VBA file (fixed by running MM as admin a single time)
  • When selecting "Auto-Tag from Web" in MM, the new tagger comes up immediately, in MusicBrainz mode?
  • There is no option for the addon under the "Options" button at the top right of the tagging window in MM. The choices there remain the default Amazon sites around the world (which don't work now), but there are no choices for the addon? In particular no option to switch between MusicBrainz and Discogs as a data source
  • I already have a Discogs account, but the addon doesn't give me the pop up menu described in the PDF that deals with setting up a link to a Discogs account
  • I attempted to set up the Discogs link manually, but the addon section of the MM Tools->Options has fields for an access token AND an "Access Token Secret", whereas Discogs itself has function that gives you an access token only, but no secret?
  • There's a separate option in Discogs to create a full client application record, but that needs more information like OAuth redirection URLs that i'm not sure where to find (or if they are even relevant)
So, i'm pretty confused at this point. Is there somewhere in the 77 pages (!) of this thread an updated set of installation instructions, or at least a few tips to help work out how to get the tagger fully configured?

--UPDATE--
It looks as if, if you install the DT addon for "all users" you have to perform the whole installation and setup as admin, which I suppose makes some sense (once you've worked it out!). So in case anyone else has the same problem-
  • If you hit permissions problems during installation OR if you want to install for "All users" you have to run Mediamonkey from an admin account to install Discogs Tagger (DT).
  • You have to complete the configuration of DT as admin, including setting up the Discogs access token before reverting to using your normal user account.
  • The "access tokens" you can create manually from the Discogs user interface appear to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the ones you'll have created if you follow the built-in DT process. Neither the "Client Access Token" procedure or the "Create Application" function in Discogs appear to give you a token and secret combo you can use from DT, you have to use the DY built-in process.
  • I have no idea what happens if you accidentally delete or damage the Access Token and Secret that DT stores from the built-in process. Maybe the DT prompt to create a token comes up automatically if a valid token isn't found?
Regards: Colin
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Hi Colin,

thank you for your post. I will try to answer the questions and explain the issues.
colin_e wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am MediaMonkey: 4.1.21.1875

I just installed Discogs-Tagger for the first time. It seems to work "kind-of", but the behaviour is different to both the description at the head of this thread and the PDF on how to configure the link to a Discogs account, so i'm having some trouble.

Issues
-------
  • Initially after installing Discogs-Tagger (DT), I got access errors on a VBA file (fixed by running MM as admin a single time)
  • When selecting "Auto-Tag from Web" in MM, the new tagger comes up immediately, in MusicBrainz mode?
  • There is no option for the addon under the "Options" button at the top right of the tagging window in MM. The choices there remain the default Amazon sites around the world (which don't work now), but there are no choices for the addon? In particular no option to switch between MusicBrainz and Discogs as a data source
  • I already have a Discogs account, but the addon doesn't give me the pop up menu described in the PDF that deals with setting up a link to a Discogs account
  • I attempted to set up the Discogs link manually, but the addon section of the MM Tools->Options has fields for an access token AND an "Access Token Secret", whereas Discogs itself has function that gives you an access token only, but no secret?
  • There's a separate option in Discogs to create a full client application record, but that needs more information like OAuth redirection URLs that i'm not sure where to find (or if they are even relevant)
So, i'm pretty confused at this point. Is there somewhere in the 77 pages (!) of this thread an updated set of installation instructions, or at least a few tips to help work out how to get the tagger fully configured?

--UPDATE--
It looks as if, if you install the DT addon for "all users" you have to perform the whole installation and setup as admin, which I suppose makes some sense (once you've worked it out!). So in case anyone else has the same problem-
Install for "All users" should be the favourite way. I installed Mediamonkey into a different folder (e.g. c:\MediaMonkey) cause i had the same problems installing DT and some other AddOns. Installing into a folder outside c:\Program Files\ doesn't need admin-rights.
The missing option to swap between Discogs and Musicbrainz could be a problem with missing admin-rights, too.

If you in Musicbrainz mode the addon doesn't show the pop up menu for connecting to Discogs.

You can't open the Discogs website and set up the link to Discogs Tagger manually. With the option at the Discogs website you can create an own addon.
You need to open it using the pop up menu.
colin_e wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am
  • If you hit permissions problems during installation OR if you want to install for "All users" you have to run Mediamonkey from an admin account to install Discogs Tagger (DT).
  • You have to complete the configuration of DT as admin, including setting up the Discogs access token before reverting to using your normal user account.
  • The "access tokens" you can create manually from the Discogs user interface appear to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the ones you'll have created if you follow the built-in DT process. Neither the "Client Access Token" procedure or the "Create Application" function in Discogs appear to give you a token and secret combo you can use from DT, you have to use the DY built-in process.
  • I have no idea what happens if you accidentally delete or damage the Access Token and Secret that DT stores from the built-in process. Maybe the DT prompt to create a token comes up automatically if a valid token isn't found?
Yeah, thats right. If you accidentally delete or damage the Access Token and/or Secret the pop up menu will show up again for creating a new connection to Discogs.

Sorry for having some problems installing and configuring Discogs Tagger. But i hope using DT will save your time. If you have any questions, please post them here !
Metal up your ass !

Sat32blk

Post by Sat32blk »

need help trying to get discogs tagger to authorize
I have the app installed and already have a discogs account.
When I click on the

2. Authorize the DiscogsTagger to use your newly-created account.

Opening the site germanc64 After a redirect to it opens discogs
page where I can hit the green button to authorize I then get this error message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/web66/html/mm/oauth/oauth_guid.php:46 Stack trace: #0 {main}thrown in /var/www/web66/html/mm/oauth/oauth_guid.php on line 46

If I go to the settings / applications on discogs site the app is listed.

Thanks
crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Sat32blk wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 am need help trying to get discogs tagger to authorize
I have the app installed and already have a discogs account.
When I click on the

2. Authorize the DiscogsTagger to use your newly-created account.

Opening the site germanc64 After a redirect to it opens discogs
page where I can hit the green button to authorize I then get this error message

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/web66/html/mm/oauth/oauth_guid.php:46 Stack trace: #0 {main}thrown in /var/www/web66/html/mm/oauth/oauth_guid.php on line 46

If I go to the settings / applications on discogs site the app is listed.

Thanks
Hey,

thank you for your post. I will take a look now what's wrong with mysql.
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Post by crap_inhuman »

Now it should work again.

I switched over to php 7 and forgot to switch the mysql api, too. :wink:
Metal up your ass !

Sat32blk

Post by Sat32blk »

Thanks worked perfecty
Sat32blk

Post by Sat32blk »

Wish or how too question?
Discogs tagger writes media format tag as example: CD, Album, Club Edition

Would it be possible to get the discogs tagger to write it like this: CD; Album; Club Edition

So auto-organize could use the separate tags?

and I know it can be done with regex find and replace it would just be simpler if it just worked with the tagging

Thanks