Discogs Tagger 5.64 (Updated: 2018-11-01)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DJSamhein
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by DJSamhein » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 am

crap_inhuman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:26 am
Hi DJSamhein !

That's a big problem at Discogs. Some time ago Discogs use 1.1 and 1-1 as Subtracks, but didn't mark them as Subtracks. So the Tagger mostly didn't know what to do. Now the subtracks are marked, but not at all.
I add the feature you request some time ago. Start the Discogs Tagger and use the Tagging Options Button. There you find 2 options for the subtracks problem:
"No Sub-Track detection" and "Other Sub-Track Naming". Move the Mouse over the checkbox, so you will see examples, what the options do (or not do).

If you enable the "Other Sub-Track Naming", then the Tagger try to create "Track 1, Track 2"

Please give me a feedback if this would help you!
I never knew what those actually did. The second option is pretty much what I want, I just wish we had an option to chose the track divider chars. It uses ", " all the time, but I would want to use " / " most of the time. Although a few times it might change.
The best option, to me, would be a new option just below that one where we can input our track separator, which would be saved in options. This would allow us to use the default we choose but, if required, change it for an album and not have too much trouble or having to save it.

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by crap_inhuman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:01 pm

DJSamhein wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 am
crap_inhuman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:26 am
Hi DJSamhein !

That's a big problem at Discogs. Some time ago Discogs use 1.1 and 1-1 as Subtracks, but didn't mark them as Subtracks. So the Tagger mostly didn't know what to do. Now the subtracks are marked, but not at all.
I add the feature you request some time ago. Start the Discogs Tagger and use the Tagging Options Button. There you find 2 options for the subtracks problem:
"No Sub-Track detection" and "Other Sub-Track Naming". Move the Mouse over the checkbox, so you will see examples, what the options do (or not do).

If you enable the "Other Sub-Track Naming", then the Tagger try to create "Track 1, Track 2"

Please give me a feedback if this would help you!
I never knew what those actually did. The second option is pretty much what I want, I just wish we had an option to chose the track divider chars. It uses ", " all the time, but I would want to use " / " most of the time. Although a few times it might change.
The best option, to me, would be a new option just below that one where we can input our track separator, which would be saved in options. This would allow us to use the default we choose but, if required, change it for an album and not have too much trouble or having to save it.
i will add an option to change the Separator right below the "Other Sub-Track Naming" option. :wink:
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

tfonias74
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:36 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by tfonias74 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 am

Hi,

I want to help the program match songs from the web. When I have a compilation (2,3,4 CDs) the program fails to match the songs. Disc and track numbers are correct (on my tracks) but I cannot find a way to force the program to simply follow them and just rename the tracks as found on the online entry.
I have a case with 86 tracks on 4 discs and it only matches the ones that the titles are almost similar. Is there a way to take disc & track number for granted and just rename titles and other info?

Thanks for a great tool!

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by crap_inhuman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:46 am

tfonias74 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 am
Hi,

I want to help the program match songs from the web. When I have a compilation (2,3,4 CDs) the program fails to match the songs. Disc and track numbers are correct (on my tracks) but I cannot find a way to force the program to simply follow them and just rename the tracks as found on the online entry.
I have a case with 86 tracks on 4 discs and it only matches the ones that the titles are almost similar. Is there a way to take disc & track number for granted and just rename titles and other info?

Thanks for a great tool!
Hi,

MM always try to match the tracks with artist and title. If your tracks has no artist and title this will be almost impossible. But for this you should try Discogs Batch Tagger. This program use the disc and track numbers to sort the tracks. I would be happy, if you try it and write me your opinion.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

liquid_dreams

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by liquid_dreams » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:49 am

I cannot seem to get this script to work.

A window pops up to say I must authorise my Discogs account but no other window to actually log in. Can anyone help with this? Is there a way to manually verify, maybe by creating an ini file?

Thanks in advance

K

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by crap_inhuman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:00 pm

I just released a new version V5.60

- Added new option to store the name of grouped tracks into the grouping tag
- Added changeable separator for sub-tracks

happy tagging :wink:
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.59 (Updated: 2018-04-04)

Post by crap_inhuman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:17 pm

liquid_dreams wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:49 am
I cannot seem to get this script to work.

A window pops up to say I must authorise my Discogs account but no other window to actually log in. Can anyone help with this? Is there a way to manually verify, maybe by creating an ini file?

Thanks in advance

K
Hi, please take a look at the pdf file i create. you can find it in the first post of this thread.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

karlinamillion
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by karlinamillion » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:02 am

Hi all,
I cannot for the life of me work out how to authorise Discog Tagger.

Have tried following the PDF at the start of this thread, but after step 4, what pops up on my computer bears no resemblence to the contents of the PDF. Despite searching the Discogs site I cannot find any reference at all to authorising Discog Tagger.

Despite lots of searching I can't seem to find any guide to sorting this

Please help!

I'm running Windows 10 & MM Gold 4.1.2.1864.

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by crap_inhuman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:19 am

Hi !
It's important that you still have internet explorer 11 installed on your computer. Not Edge!
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

karlinamillion
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by karlinamillion » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm

But Microsoft say that internet explorer 11 is not sutable for windows 10.


So I cannot move forward with this at all

Please help!

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by crap_inhuman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:12 pm

karlinamillion wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm
But Microsoft say that internet explorer 11 is not sutable for windows 10.


So I cannot move forward with this at all

Please help!
You can still use INet Expl 11 on Windows 10. If you didn't uninstall it, it's still on your Computer.

Please get the pdf file and try it again.
Ignore Step 5 in the PDf File, move on with Step 6. And if you get stuck, post it here.
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

karlinamillion
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by karlinamillion » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:01 am

There is no IE11 on my laptop. Downloaded it, but it would not install.

So I borrowed a Windows7 computer. Logged in to MM with my Gold subscription. Got to step 14 OK (step 15 never appeared), & MM on the W7 computer now serches with Disogs.

But not my W10 computer, despite being logged into MM Gold with the same creditials, and logged into Discogs too.

How do I transfer the token mentioned in step 15?
Why does it not link in with a MM Gold subscription?

crap_inhuman
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am
Location: Friedberg / Hessen / Germany
Contact:

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by crap_inhuman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 am

The Problem is, that the addon need the Internet Explorer 11. You could try the Discogs Batch Tagger. This Tagger doesnt need IE11
Metal up your ass !
-----------------------------------------------
I added my first 2 videos on youtube. The language is german.

Discogs Autorisierung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryxKKtnEnc
Discogs Tagger Bedienung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Wk-5rd-W0

thinckley
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by thinckley » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:54 am

karlinamillion wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:01 am
There is no IE11 on my laptop
Internet Explorer is installed on all Windows 10 computers, unless you manually uninstalled it. Because of Edge Windows hides it, but cortana search for Internet Explorer should find it. If it is truly uninstalled you can add it back under the Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on/off

thinckley
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Re: Discogs Tagger 5.60 (Updated: 2018-06-17)

Post by thinckley » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:01 pm

I am seeing a couple of errors with V5.60.

MM Version 4.1.20.1864
Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 17134

"Error happened during script execution: Object required 'WebBrowser'"

"Error #-2147012744 - msxml6.dll / The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response / File: <string>\MusicBrainzWebTag.vbs, Line: 3891, Column: 5"
MusicBrainz only

Issue: Neither search includes track counts, so the first return is often wrong. For MusicBrainz it is not as much of an issue since track count is returned in the returns drop down, for Discogs you have to go through each return to find the correct disc. It would be nice if the search either compared track counts, or if the Discogs returns listed track counts.

Post Reply