How to install a general add to a portable install instance

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

windcrest77

How to install a general add to a portable install instance

Post by windcrest77 »

How do I install an add on exe so that it goes onto my portable installation and NOT my local machine installation? I installed MM (portable) onto my NAS, now I need to add the monkeymote general plug in to that. So if I launch the portable MM it will launch with the monkey mote add on. But the monkeymote installer is an exe and it is not asking me to target a portable installation like the MM installer does. What do i do to get this add on exe installed on the NAS copy, not my machine copy of MM? Hope I explained this well enough.

Thanks
Peke

Re: How to install a general add to a portable install insta

Post by Peke »

External Programs needs to have COM registered locally even Main installation is on NAS.

"MediaMonkey Portable do not support some plugins/Scripts that depend on MediaMonkey COM Server which is due the windows demand that each COM Server needs to be registered/saved in Windows Registry and Admin Access.

To enable MediaMonkey COM Server after installing MediaMonkey as Portable you would need to start MediaMonkey.exe only once using these command line parameters "/elevate /regcomserver".

To do that add command line to properties of Created Shortcut to MediaMonkey.exe (Right click on MediaMonkey.exe -> Create Shortcut -> Right click on created Shortcut -> Properties -> In target Field append "/elevate /regcomserver" (now target should look like MediaMonkey.exe "/elevate /regcomserver") -> Click Apply to confirm that you have created command line correctly -> OK -> Start Shortcut"
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
windcrest77

Re: How to install a general add to a portable install insta

Post by windcrest77 »

Peke wrote:External Programs needs to have COM registered locally even Main installation is on NAS.

"MediaMonkey Portable do not support some plugins/Scripts that depend on MediaMonkey COM Server which is due the windows demand that each COM Server needs to be registered/saved in Windows Registry and Admin Access.

To enable MediaMonkey COM Server after installing MediaMonkey as Portable you would need to start MediaMonkey.exe only once using these command line parameters "/elevate /regcomserver".

To do that add command line to properties of Created Shortcut to MediaMonkey.exe (Right click on MediaMonkey.exe -> Create Shortcut -> Right click on created Shortcut -> Properties -> In target Field append "/elevate /regcomserver" (now target should look like MediaMonkey.exe "/elevate /regcomserver") -> Click Apply to confirm that you have created command line correctly -> OK -> Start Shortcut"

Thanks Peke,

I determined that I needed to copy the monkey mote dll into the correct folder manually. I think the monkey mote installer only does a simple copy and doesnt change registry. Because now when I launch MM from the NAS portable, the monkey mote server works just fine.

But I added this elevate to my shortcut icon anyway.