Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thehammer

Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Post by thehammer »

Lyricator is a plugin for MediaMonkey 4.x that searches online sources of song lyrics for selected tracks in the user’s library, allows editing of the lyrics on the fly, then saves the lyrics to the ID3 tags. It does require that the songs are in the MediaMonkey library. If you try to use this plugin on files that haven't been added to the library, a popup window will come up, then close and nothing more will happen.

This plugin is based on SquirrelScript Lyricator v1.1.1 #31, which is based on G-DIABLO & Owyn's Lyricator v1.0, which is based on das Monkey's Lyricator v0.96b plugin. I had modified it a while ago to suit my own needs and got ambitious enough over Christmas vacation to polish it up and share my changes with the community.

How do I use it?

● Check the original documentation (as it should still apply).
● Tailor/fine-tune it to suit your needs: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Options -> Library -> Lyricator.

Download Link: http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300091

Tip: If you’re using an earlier version (prior to installing this version of Lyricator) and running into issues - uninstall the old version, close & restart MediaMonkey, then install the new version. To uninstall: MediaMonkey -> Tools/Extras -> Extension -> Lyricator -> Uninstall.

Warning: It is not a good idea to choose just one lyrics source and run multiple tracks against it. Many sites are now monitoring traffic via IP address and will either throttle your traffic or lock you out either temporarily or permanently. Selecting multiple sources allows for some time in between calls to a particular lyrics site, especially in cases where lyrics are not found.

Long live Lyricator!
Last edited by thehammer on Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 23 times in total.
ImageSpoon!
Galdoran

Re: Lyricator v1.1.2 (2014-01-04)

Post by Galdoran »

Awesome!
Thanks so much.
rj2Skipper

Post by rj2Skipper »

Thanks for the refresh of Lyricator,

I scripted an additional feature ("Ignore Tracks that allready have Lyrics") into it, because i missed it, a previous version had it, and I'm too lazy to search the forums to see if there is this feature allready.

I'd appreciate it, if you could implement it, too or let me know if you just want the Lyricator.vbs i'm using now.

ciao Skipper
greengeek

Post by greengeek »

@thehammer,

Thank you for the massive update! It is working great!!! The updated interface looks nice, as well as the additional lyric resources are very much appreciated!

I uninstalled all the old versions, manually deleted all the leftover files out of my profile and program files (x86) scripts folders and everything is running great! Only issue I notice is the one I reported earlier. When I first run it, it still prompts me to save the loading.gif each time it runs, but clicking on open or cancel allows the program to continue, so not really big deal.

Thanks again for sharing!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

rj2Skipper wrote:Thanks for the refresh of Lyricator,

I scripted an additional feature ("Ignore Tracks that allready have Lyrics") into it, because i missed it, a previous version had it, and I'm too lazy to search the forums to see if there is this feature allready.

I'd appreciate it, if you could implement it, too or let me know if you just want the Lyricator.vbs i'm using now.

ciao Skipper
What does it do and did you also script that as a configurable option? If you PM me the vbs, I can take a look at it.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

greengeek wrote:@thehammer,

Thank you for the massive update! It is working great!!! The updated interface looks nice, as well as the additional lyric resources are very much appreciated!

I uninstalled all the old versions, manually deleted all the leftover files out of my profile and program files (x86) scripts folders and everything is running great! Only issue I notice is the one I reported earlier. When I first run it, it still prompts me to save the loading.gif each time it runs, but clicking on open or cancel allows the program to continue, so not really big deal.

Thanks again for sharing!
That is really strange. I have still not been able to reproduce that and nobody else has reported that as an issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with a browser setting or what your default browser is. I did discover that this as well as other older plugins don't work well with 4.x and Win7 because of the directory changes. Basically when I had older scripts still living in Program Files and installed this for my User only, it wouldn't work at all. I had to move all the plugins to my User directories to get it happy again. Glad you got it mostly working at least.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

I plan to look into the following sites to see if I can integrate them as well. Adding too many may cause space issues in the options panel though.
  • hiplyrics.com
  • lyricstime.com
  • songcoleta.com
  • lyricsmuse.com
  • songlyrics.com
  • lyricsmania.com
  • leoslyrics.com
ImageSpoon!
rj2Skipper

Post by rj2Skipper »

thehammer wrote: What does it do and did you also script that as a configurable option? If you PM me the vbs, I can take a look at it.
Basically it does what it says :wink:. Tracks that allready have lyrics in its "Lyrics" tag of the MP3 Id Tag, are not added to the queue of tracks, for which Lyricator is searching the websites. Therefore if you select 100 tracks, but 25 of them allready have Lyrics, Lyricator searches for only 75 of them, which is a speed increase of 25% :wink:
And yes i've even implemented a checkbox to disable it.

you can download the updated lyricator.vbs from this http://www.rj2.de/lyricator.zip
All lines or places I added to the script are preceeded by a "'RJ2" comment

ciao Skipper
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

What a way to start the new year, with a long-awaited update to my favourite addon! THANK YOU.
At first I experienced the 'blank page' problem but fixed it by reinstalling for all users (requiring admin rights) and... Perfect :P
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Flashman wrote:What a way to start the new year, with a long-awaited update to my favourite addon! THANK YOU.
At first I experienced the 'blank page' problem but fixed it by reinstalling for all users (requiring admin rights) and... Perfect :P
Yes I am finding that people that have other scripts in the program file location will have to install this way or move all of them to the user location. Somehow when MediaMonkey detects scripts in the program files location things get set up differently, so it's an either or situation.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

rj2Skipper wrote:
thehammer wrote: What does it do and did you also script that as a configurable option? If you PM me the vbs, I can take a look at it.
Basically it does what it says :wink:. Tracks that allready have lyrics in its "Lyrics" tag of the MP3 Id Tag, are not added to the queue of tracks, for which Lyricator is searching the websites. Therefore if you select 100 tracks, but 25 of them allready have Lyrics, Lyricator searches for only 75 of them, which is a speed increase of 25% :wink:
And yes i've even implemented a checkbox to disable it.

you can download the updated lyricator.vbs from this http://www.rj2.de/lyricator.zip
All lines or places I added to the script are preceeded by a "'RJ2" comment

ciao Skipper
Sorry I took so long Skipper. I have reviewed the changes, incorporated them in, and updated the official plugin. Thanks for sharing!
ImageSpoon!
HardcoreWillNeverDie

Post by HardcoreWillNeverDie »

Hey everyone,
I just tried to install the newest update, downloaded it right from the happymonkey site, and tried to install but it will not let me. Every time i try and install, it pops up with "Lyricator did not install". I tried doing it for just current user, and entire computer; also ran media monkey as administrator, and it still didn't work. Deleted all old lyricator script files, ran CCleaner just encase, and did a restart on my entire computer. It still will not work.

One odd thing though. After i try to install it and get that error, i close mediamonkey and reopen it. When i click on extensions, it shows that Lyricator is installed, and it shows up in settings, but it is not in the Tools>Scripts list, thus i can not run it. Am i doing something wrong here? Also, the extensions list says that i've installed version 1.1.3.1, though you said to have updated to 1.1.2? I'm confused on which version i have and if i have the right one. I know i downloaded it directly from the link you provided, so if you could let me know, that would be great.

Thanks,
Ben
HardcoreWillNeverDie

UPDATE:
I found the lyricator toolbar icon (normally dont have any toolbars open), and it is available. When i click on it, the app opens, loads the song i had selected, but the spinning circle just keeps spinning. I only searched for one song as a test. There also isnt anything underneath Processing Track #1/1. It usually says the source it is searching. There is nothing.

Ben
HardcoreWillNeverDie

FINAL UPDATE:

Sorry for the posts. So i tried to install again, and still got the same errors. I did not know you needed to check off sources you wanted to search, since there are non selected by default (might want to say that in the original post), but it does search now and everything is running. I still do not have an option from the Tools>Scripts menu, but the toolbar icon works.

Ben
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

HardcoreWillNeverDie wrote:FINAL UPDATE:

Sorry for the posts. So i tried to install again, and still got the same errors. I did not know you needed to check off sources you wanted to search, since there are non selected by default (might want to say that in the original post), but it does search now and everything is running. I still do not have an option from the Tools>Scripts menu, but the toolbar icon works.

Ben
1.1.3.1 is the latest. Do you have the latest version of MediaMonkey (4.0.7) and what version of Windows are you running? Something doesn't sound right about the way it installed for you. You should have had some sources selected by default and you should see it in the Scripts menu. You may have gotten in some state where the old version didn't complete uninstall and you may need to manually cleanup the files left behind. Here are the file locations to check when you think it is completely removed:

Program Files or Program Files (x86) and/or Users/<your user/AppData/Roaming then MediaMonkey/Scripts
  • Lyricator Directory
  • Auto/lyricator.vbs
As far as the old Lyricator preferences, they would need to be cleaned out of the MediaMonkey/Scripts/Scripts.ini and MediaMonkey/MediaMonkey.ini files.

Also, if you have MediaMonkey installed as Portable then I don't know what will happen but it may not support that type of install.
ImageSpoon!