Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

gibbon

Re: Lyricator v1.3.5 (2017-4-8)

Post by gibbon »

Meanwhile Letras brings a a lot of wrong results.
It is a good source for a lot of songs but the search is much too tolerant.

For instance:
Looking for the Song "Sarah Beatty - Autumn's Song" Letras gives the result:
Artist: Sarah's Redemption
Track: Autumn

or "Sarah Beatty - Dig Before You Sow" gives:
Artist: Sarah Jaffe
Track: Before You Go

Maybe there is a way to influence this tolerance in the direction of more exactness and looking for the exact artist and title?
rad

Lyricator script Question

Post by rad »

I just got lyricator today due to Amazons changes, I finally got it to work and am wondering if it is possible to remove the stuff at the bottom of the lyrics, aka...

Lyrics provided by: letras.mus.br
Artist: Ani DiFranco
Track: Evolve

To me, its not worth auto tagging lyrics if I have to go into each one to remove those line.

Thanks,
RAD
Peke

Re: Lyricator script Question

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is a few ways to do that:
First is that you edit Lyricator script and make it exclude lines after "Lyrics provided by: letras.mus.br".
Second is to try to use existing Scripts like RegEx and to trim Lyrics afterwards.
Third is to ask in Lyricator thread that developer modify the script and trim results of search directly
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

Oh my God, how do I install this thing? I see nothing... There isn't an .mmip file, nothing in the documentation, I can't scan for it in the 'Add Extensions' section. What am I missing???? I could just be dumb, but I really don't see anything that helps me install. No execuable of any kind, just some .css and .vbs files, and the "Loading" gif, stuff like that...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ns--addons

Just rename the extension back to .mmip
Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 »

Awesome, I'll try this when I get home tonight. Thanks!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Hi there, I'm new to MediaMonkey and Lyricator so please excuse me.

I've recently decided that I'm going to add lyrics as tags to the files (all FLAC) in my library. I have a fairly modest library, about 28,000 tracks so it's certainly not an overnight job but as I was researching how to do this, I came across MM and Lyricator. So I've installed MM and also got Lyricator running and added a test folder with about 5 albums to evaluate.

So my issue is that Lyricator finds the lyrics but then when it writes them to the file (using the LYRICS tag), it also adds other tags as well. For example it adds an additional YEAR tag, as well as ALBUMARTIST, ALBUM ARTIST and ENSEMBLE tags. I've searched the forum and haven't seen this mentioned before so it's kind of weird that I might be the only one with this issue so far, especially considering the plugin is a year old.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey writes those tags. Anytime any tag is changed all tags are written.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey writes those tags. Anytime any tag is changed all tags are written.
Oh ok, why is that even a thing and can it be disabled?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it can't be disabled, unless you set it to not write tags to the files at all (Tools > Options > Tags & Playlists).
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Ok but why would it duplicate tags that are already in the file? I mean this sounds exactly like a bug. Is this working as intended? Just wanted to post two screenshots (before and after) to demonstrate my point.

These are my tags before MM:

And these are my tags after MM:

I mean just the YEAR tag alone. Why would it be ok to duplicate that? I'm just trying to understand the logic, that's all.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote:Since some days I get "Related" as a result from Metrolyrics if Metrolyrics has no lyrics for this song.
I think the script needs some changes to give no results for these cases again.
I finally have a bit of time to look into this, and have a fix. I am now having issues updating the plugin on HappyMonkeying and have to get some help with that.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote:Meanwhile Letras brings a a lot of wrong results.
It is a good source for a lot of songs but the search is much too tolerant.

For instance:
Looking for the Song "Sarah Beatty - Autumn's Song" Letras gives the result:
Artist: Sarah's Redemption
Track: Autumn

or "Sarah Beatty - Dig Before You Sow" gives:
Artist: Sarah Jaffe
Track: Before You Go

Maybe there is a way to influence this tolerance in the direction of more exactness and looking for the exact artist and title?
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to do that. That is the main reason I picked red for those results and also why the artist and title returned are displayed under the track entries.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Re: Lyricator script Question

Post by thehammer »

rad wrote:I just got lyricator today due to Amazons changes, I finally got it to work and am wondering if it is possible to remove the stuff at the bottom of the lyrics, aka...

Lyrics provided by: letras.mus.br
Artist: Ani DiFranco
Track: Evolve

To me, its not worth auto tagging lyrics if I have to go into each one to remove those line.

Thanks,
RAD
I have had this request in the past, and my answer has been to leave them there when I am able to gather that information. If someone selects a bunch of songs at once and lets Lyricator run and doesn't review all the lyrics that were found, it is almost impossible to get back to me later when one of the sites has changed and is causing issues with the results. Also, the intention with the original authors of this plugin was to give the lyrics sites credit where credit is due for providing this valuable information.

I will think about putting this as an option in a next release, but have it on by default.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Morbeas wrote:Ok but why would it duplicate tags that are already in the file? I mean this sounds exactly like a bug. Is this working as intended? Just wanted to post two screenshots (before and after) to demonstrate my point.

These are my tags before MM:

And these are my tags after MM:

I mean just the YEAR tag alone. Why would it be ok to duplicate that? I'm just trying to understand the logic, that's all.
This might get better attention in a MM main thread as it is not an issue with the Lyricator plugin.
ImageSpoon!