Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rockadile

Re: Lyricator v1.5.0 (2019-12-25)

Post by rockadile »

Thanks for this extension...it is awesome and truly a time-saver. One thing I noticed is that SongColeta (my primary go-to site) strips single quotes. However, whenever there is a quote in the title, the lyrics are not found. I noticed in the configuration for Lyricator there is an option "Ignore Single/Double Quotes" but this does not appear to do anything. For example, Neil Diamond's "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon" finds no lyrics regardless of whether "Ignore Single/Double Quotes" is checked or not. However, if I remove the single quote and rerun Lyricator, the lyrics are found.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Just for info: My working settings for "Lyricator 1.5.0.":

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

rockadile wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 pm Thanks for this extension...it is awesome and truly a time-saver. One thing I noticed is that SongColeta (my primary go-to site) strips single quotes. However, whenever there is a quote in the title, the lyrics are not found. I noticed in the configuration for Lyricator there is an option "Ignore Single/Double Quotes" but this does not appear to do anything. For example, Neil Diamond's "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon" finds no lyrics regardless of whether "Ignore Single/Double Quotes" is checked or not. However, if I remove the single quote and rerun Lyricator, the lyrics are found.
That is a pretty easy fix at the SongColeta lyrics handling level. Trouble shooting the ignore quotes could take more time. I'll try to get a patch out this weekend.
ImageSpoon!
rockadile

Post by rockadile »

Yeah, I was able to make the change to the lyricator.js file, I just wanted to give you a heads up.
rockadile

Post by rockadile »

I hope you don't mind me submitting issues I've been finding. I switched to Letras as they seem more comprehensive and I noticed they don't link parenthesis. After testing the URL call directly in my browser, I edited the script locally, stripping these out, and it worked for the 600+ songs that were not previously found.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

rockadile wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:27 am I hope you don't mind me submitting issues I've been finding. I switched to Letras as they seem more comprehensive and I noticed they don't link parenthesis. After testing the URL call directly in my browser, I edited the script locally, stripping these out, and it worked for the 600+ songs that were not previously found.
Thanks for posting. Enabling the setting "Remove Within Parenthesis" for artist and title should fix that for you on Letras. If that doesn't work for you, please let me know.
ImageSpoon!
cryptus939

Re: Lyricator v1.5.1 (2020-03-22)

Post by cryptus939 »

Hi,

Have noticed that Lyricator no longer seems to be able to use Genius for getting lyrics; whenever one searches for lyrics it gets skipped immediately. I've not changed anything about my install/setup in the last couple of months, so I'm not entirely sure why this would have suddenly started happening (although at a guess I'd say maybe something on Genius' end has changed perhaps?)
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

cryptus939 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:29 pm Hi,

Have noticed that Lyricator no longer seems to be able to use Genius for getting lyrics; whenever one searches for lyrics it gets skipped immediately. I've not changed anything about my install/setup in the last couple of months, so I'm not entirely sure why this would have suddenly started happening (although at a guess I'd say maybe something on Genius' end has changed perhaps?)
I just tested 10 songs and Genius is still working for me. Please check again. Maybe their site was down. If you are still seeing the issue, post a screen capture of your Lyricator settings and let me know what version you are using.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:28 pm I just tested 10 songs and Genius is still working for me.
I'ts not working here anymore, I think since Genius made a major change to their website some weeks ago.
I am using Lyricator 1.5.1.0 and I did not change my settings in the last months.
cryptus939

Post by cryptus939 »

Hi,

Just tried Lyricator with around 40 songs and Genius was skipped every time. I even tried setting Genius as the only source and it just skipped all the tracks.

Settings as shown: Image

Using version 1.5.1.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

cryptus939 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 pm Hi,

Just tried Lyricator with around 40 songs and Genius was skipped every time. I even tried setting Genius as the only source and it just skipped all the tracks.

Settings as shown: Image

Using version 1.5.1.
That is really odd. Mine is still working great. The only settings difference I have is I have disabled the Format lyrics that are all upper or lower
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:52 am
thehammer wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:28 pm I just tested 10 songs and Genius is still working for me.
I'ts not working here anymore, I think since Genius made a major change to their website some weeks ago.
I am using Lyricator 1.5.1.0 and I did not change my settings in the last months.
I am wondering if it could possibly be an IP black list issue as there have been other users in the past that have had this issue with various sites. What happens when you copy/paste this into your Internet Explorer and Edge browser: https://genius.com/queen-we-are-the-champions-lyrics
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:20 am I am wondering if it could possibly be an IP black list issue as there have been other users in the past that have had this issue with various sites. What happens when you copy/paste this into your Internet Explorer and Edge browser: https://genius.com/queen-we-are-the-champions-lyrics
I get the lyrics result. If I look for the same title with Lyricator I get no result.
I can manually look for genius lyrics in all browsers I have (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox).
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:43 am
thehammer wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:20 am I am wondering if it could possibly be an IP black list issue as there have been other users in the past that have had this issue with various sites. What happens when you copy/paste this into your Internet Explorer and Edge browser: https://genius.com/queen-we-are-the-champions-lyrics
I get the lyrics result. If I look for the same title with Lyricator I get no result.
I can manually look for genius lyrics in all browsers I have (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox).
Ok. That is the exact URL that Lyricator would use to find the lyrics. This could be a tough one to troubleshoot. I may need to send you guys a modified version for debugging because the three pc's I have access to work fine. I hate to ever ask this, but could you try uninstalling Lyricator and manually verifying there are no traces left of it in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto, C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\Lyricator, C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto, and C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Lyricator directories. Then try a fresh install again from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/download/626/
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:03 am [Then try a fresh install again from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/download/626/
I did so and the new version is also not working on Genius.

BTW:
Ich have a portable installation but with deinstallation of Lyricator the files in the equivalent portable folders "Lyricator" and "Auto" got deleted.

As in former times it was a windows update that created trouble:
My actual version is
Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (Build 18363.826)

Edit:
I tried it in a virtual machine of an older W10-installation and there the genius-request works.