Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.3.1 (2014-12-20)

Post by thehammer »

Guest wrote:Just to let you know, Metrolyrics appears be shooting blanks now.
I just tested 40 songs and 35 of them were found very quickly. What kind of behavior are you seeing with Metrolyrics? Perhaps their site was temporarily unavailable?
ImageSpoon!

Post by Guest »

Seeing your post, I just checked it and it's fine now.

This was the situation I had. I have just four configured sites

AZLyrics, LyricsWikia, metrolyrics and elyrics.

When scanning 12 tracks (using all configured sites) 2 were filled by AZLyrics but the other ten were taken by metrolyrics. These 10 were all 'signed off' with

Lyrics provided by: metrolyrics.com
Artist: <whatever>
Track: <whatever>

and they were background filled orange, but there was no text at all above that in any of them.

Anyway, no worries. Thanks for the plugin.

Post by Guest »

By the way, I'm having a problem with hiplyrics. The final track of a multiple selection includes a lot of trailing garbage. I've tried posting the output here (in a code box) but it seems the forum computer he say no.

Don't know if it's reproducible, but, as I say - make a multiple selection and check the last track in that selection using only hiplyrics.

Specs: MM 4.16 (latest), Win 8.1, IE 11
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Guest wrote:By the way, I'm having a problem with hiplyrics. The final track of a multiple selection includes a lot of trailing garbage. I've tried posting the output here (in a code box) but it seems the forum computer he say no.

Don't know if it's reproducible, but, as I say - make a multiple selection and check the last track in that selection using only hiplyrics.

Specs: MM 4.16 (latest), Win 8.1, IE 11
Looked at some issues I saw with hiplyrics and their website is showing the same junk on the page. Looks like someone uploaded junk with the lyrics and it is not even valid html. I can't see how I would be able to clean it up.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.3.2 (2014-12-20)

Post by thehammer »

New version just uploaded. It fixes azyrics and lyricsmode issues I found.
ImageSpoon!
allbenatt

Post by allbenatt »

I'm very encouraged by finding this thread but have been unsuccessful getting Lyricator to work.
  • Windows XP Pro
    MM4.1.6.1736
    Lyricator 1.3.2.1
Downloaded and installed "successful".
Re-started MM at least twice
Clicking on "Lookup Lyrics" or the icon within Properties | Lyrics always returns "Visit http://www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics."
Note that I have only been seeing this message for the last few days which is why I downloaded Lyricator as a possible solution. But to no avail.

Am I missing something in the installation process? Is there some configuration I need to do beyond installing?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

allbenatt wrote:Lyrics always returns "Visit http://www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics."
This has been fixed in the latest stable release of MM .1741
Here
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

I apologize if this has already come up and been answered.

I am using right click for scripts, MM 4.1.7.1741 (2014-04-24), Win 7. When I use the older version of Lyricator by the previous author, in Right Click For Scripts, only Lyricator shows up in the drop down (besides my other scripts). In the updated Lyricator (including the last release), in Right Click For Scripts I get "All Configured Sites, followed by all the sites, in the drop down. Is there a way to get back to only showing "Lyricator" in the Right Click for Scripts drop down?
Thanks
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

allbenatt wrote:I'm very encouraged by finding this thread but have been unsuccessful getting Lyricator to work.
  • Windows XP Pro
    MM4.1.6.1736
    Lyricator 1.3.2.1
Downloaded and installed "successful".
Re-started MM at least twice
Clicking on "Lookup Lyrics" or the icon within Properties | Lyrics always returns "Visit http://www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics."
Note that I have only been seeing this message for the last few days which is why I downloaded Lyricator as a possible solution. But to no avail.

Am I missing something in the installation process? Is there some configuration I need to do beyond installing?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
You are using the lyrics plugin that comes with MediaMonkey. Lyricator launches with a toolbar icon or right click on the highlighted tracks. It has a lot more functionality than the built-in lyrics lookup.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

SDJeff wrote:I apologize if this has already come up and been answered.

I am using right click for scripts, MM 4.1.7.1741 (2014-04-24), Win 7. When I use the older version of Lyricator by the previous author, in Right Click For Scripts, only Lyricator shows up in the drop down (besides my other scripts). In the updated Lyricator (including the last release), in Right Click For Scripts I get "All Configured Sites, followed by all the sites, in the drop down. Is there a way to get back to only showing "Lyricator" in the Right Click for Scripts drop down?
Thanks
The plugin no longer runs with Right Click For Scripts and features have been requested and added to allow a users to have the ability to run all the configured lyrics lookup sites or only one using the new right click functionality built into Lyricator.
ImageSpoon!
SDJeff

Post by SDJeff »

Thanks The Hammer.
I can still use the previous Lyricator 1.1.1.31. Until a few days ago, all the sites were working. Now I'm getting the visit azlyrics.com message as in the new version people are mentioning.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

SDJeff wrote:Thanks The Hammer.
I can still use the previous Lyricator 1.1.1.31. Until a few days ago, all the sites were working. Now I'm getting the visit azlyrics.com message as in the new version people are mentioning.
The version I just released fixes that. The newest version is 1.3.2. You may need to uninstall the old version before installing the new one. If you want to try to upgrade, you can try that from the extensions menu item. The previous mention of this message was coming from the built in lyrics functionality that isn't related to Lyricator.
ImageSpoon!
chrisblackton

Post by chrisblackton »

So I'm having a couple issues...

First, most of the time when I run lyricator the following screen pops up:

and nothing else happens :-?

Second, when lyricator actually does search and find lyrics (after trying to run it multiple times) I see this:

which makes it hard to preview the lyrics since, in this example, I can only see the first 3 words of the song (if "ahh" counts as a word that is :wink: )

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is 100% user error but either way I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me as DarkLyrics seemed to go all crazy on me and virtually erased most of my lyrics :cry:
fuse

Post by fuse »

I have the same issue as you with problem 1, chrisblackton. The workaround I have is to open the options sheet for Lyricator (on first run in session) and simply confirm it, then Lyricator functions normally.

On the second, right clicking on the result should bring up an editor which shows the full lyric.
chrisblackton

Post by chrisblackton »

fuse wrote:I have the same issue as you with problem 1, chrisblackton. The workaround I have is to open the options sheet for Lyricator (on first run in session) and simply confirm it, then Lyricator functions normally.

On the second, right clicking on the result should bring up an editor which shows the full lyric.
gracias!! :D